Makeup Junkies!

Options

Replies

• hotforgrad
    Options
    I love love love NARS products, especially their blushes. They are to die for!
  • EmmarrD
    EmmarrD Posts: 69
    Options
    I will never go out with out makeup!
    My favorite powder foundation is a cheap brand called Australis. It works so good,
    :)
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    *walks in*

*walks out*

(Disclaimer: Pen is a girl and likes makeup but doesn't understand any of this conversation)

I'm right there with you Pen!!
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Can anyone give me a good liquid eyeliner? max 20-30 bucks?

Maybelline Ultra liner will NOT come off until you take it off. I've worn it in races, to the lake.. it does not budge. And it's CHEAP.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    <<< Freelance MU artist! I am primarily a MAC gal, but I got palette from Victoria's Secret called Angel Eyes and I'm obsessed with it! Great colors and a fabulous gel eye liner
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just did a major culling of my makeup collection this fall, and my collection is still pretty ridiculous. I LOVE lipstick and my newest favorite is Lancome color design, great quality and color (I got Corset). Also, I've never been much of a lip gloss girl, but I really like Stila's lip glazes. Stila has some great eye shadow palettes, too. Try the In The Know palette for some great matte neutrals. They're a little more on the sheer side (for the most part) but super bendable and great colors.

Favorite mascaras are Clinique High Impact and Smashbox Full Exposure (though the fat brush can be a little tricky).

Fat Girl Slim is just expensive snake oil. Tried it.
  • xXkmpXx
    xXkmpXx Posts: 10
    Options
    Anything mac
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Another one that is "almost a Naked palette" is Forever 21's line. Love and Beauty I think? They have several that are similar to the Naked Series.

I did Bare Minerals for awhile, but sadly I just could not "Bare" to spend that much. I am back to my liquid drugstore foundation!
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Due to strange skin sensitivities and allergies, the only makeup line I've found that I can wear without fear of itchy rashes or swollen eyes is Tarte. Absolutely love their stuff! Stumbled across it after I'd given up on being able to wear makeup and now my collection is taking over a huge shelf in our bathroom closet...
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'm not obsessed with a specific brand, probably because I've never tried any brand like Urban Decay. But, I do have a bit of an obsession with red lipstick. I absolutely love it!

Try DuWop Private Red. It's built to your own body chemistry. I could never find the perfect red until I came across this!
  • JerseyPook
    Options
    Hello my name is Laurie and I'm a MAC *kitten*.

Phew - confession is good for the soul!!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Me and makeup go WAY back. I'm not a makeup snob, though. I love my Cover Girl just as much as my NARS. Equal opportunity!

I have both the original Naked and Naked 2 and think they are worth every penny. Buy them. Now.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Makeup products:
    Sephora makes me happy! <3
    Mac makes me happy<3
    Ulta brands.
    Covergirl.
    NYE.
    Sally girl.
    clinique.

i love all make up. eyeshaddow pallets get me EVERYTIME! and a good liquidpowder fountation i get that from sally's.

Hair products:
    Dove.
    Aussie.
    Garnier Futiese.
    Chi.
    Big Sexy Hair.
    Herbal Essences.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged... big time. Let's just say that I did my Christmas shopping at Ulta on points alone. *face palm* Big fan of Urban Decay, Stila, Joico, Philosophy and Murad... *sigh* So much good stuff.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I bought myself the UD Vice palette for reaching 20 pounds lost. I halso have naked 2. I need the original naked. I have Tarte's True Blood eyeshadow palette. I am an eye shadow junky.

I used to use MAC but I've found, for the price, I prefer UD. Also, Avon has come a long way with their makeup.

I have yet to find a perfect mascara. I tend to buy something new everytime in my quest. Closest I have found is the L'Oreal Voluminous Millions Lashes. I'd buy that again. And the Sephora brand sample I got is pretty good too.

I usually use pencil eyeliner. Although I have a tarte gel liner I am tyring to master. And I am an intrigued by Too Faced 3-Way Lash Lining Tool.

I have a large shopping list on sephora...

OMG, so much want. I really really want the Vice palette, and I better check and see if they are gone yet. If they are, ah well - I have the Feminine palette, and I swear by the primers and setting spray.

I have been in tears pretty much constantly for the last 3 months, and I swear, the Stila eyeliners and Voluminous Million Lashes waterproof mascara are the only things that survived it. I go to a lot of concerts and they survive front row mosh pits too. :P

Sephora & Ulta are my therapy.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Bump for later :) Awesome thread OP!
  • prettycollie
    prettycollie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love anything dealing with Urban Decay or Makeup Forever. So happy to find other ppl obsessed like myself.
  • prettycollie
    prettycollie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I forgot about M.A.C I love them too and Clinque and Sephora
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I think make-up obsession and certain food obsessions may be related! LOL.

Total make up/ skin care junkie here. Can't resist the free gifts with purchase from the big cosmetic companies like Lancome, Clinique, Clarins, etc. Great way to sample mascaras, moisturizers, serums and the like.

Love tring new products -- BB creams, Benefit specialty products, various comcealers and primers like Laura Mercier and Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, Make Up Forever ... The list is endless!!!

Good brushes and products that blend well are key.

Favorite stores: Sephora and Ulta. Macy's a close runner up!

Join the make-up Addict group on MFP! Check out the great tutorials on You Tube. Great make-up threads on Pinterest too! Full fledged junkie here! So many great products at all price points. Love the stuff!!!