Makeup Junkies!

Options

Replies

• MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    While my face never leaves home without it (lol), I have yet to show an interest in the higher priced cosmetics for fear that once I do, I'll be sucked in forever, lol.

My profile pic was taken this morning in my car (overcast lighting sucks, sorry, lol) ... everything on my face is Covergirl products, with the exception of Aveeno moisurizer and eye cream. It works for me. :smile:

P.S. Don't worry, I don't wear make-up to the gym ... because I workout in my garage, lol.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I have more makeup than I could ever possibly use, but my real weakness is nailpolish. China Glaze is my favorite brand, I have 115 bottles of that one brand alone, plus 100+ bottles of other brands.

Does nail polish go off or go out of date?

Just wondering as I want to try some different colours but I wouldn't use them a lot. x

It can get pretty thick and hard to use if it's not closed tight enough, but I have a few bottles that are at least 12 years old and are still in great condition.

Might have to order some more! Love the look of the OPI Ballet collection! x
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Totally obsessed with Lisa Freemont Street on Youtube!

Do you have any favourite channels on there? x

Lolamarie7 is one of my favorites....she's from the town in I live in now actually
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm not obsessed with a specific brand, probably because I've never tried any brand like Urban Decay. But, I do have a bit of an obsession with red lipstick. I absolutely love it!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried the Sigma professional brushes???? I've heard great things about them and when I reach my first goal, I will be purchasing them :)) Or any other suggestions for brushes?!
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think it sucks that men can't wear eyeliner, mark Antony looked so good in it. There's always next Halloween I guess
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I think it sucks that men can't wear eyeliner, mark Antony looked so good in it. There's always next Halloween I guess

29595948.jpg
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried the Sigma professional brushes???? I've heard great things about them and when I reach my first goal, I will be purchasing them :)) Or any other suggestions for brushes?!

I have one, think it's the 107 foundation brush. I really like it but they are expensive. I have all different brands that I use. I tried the real techniques brand that they have at ulta and I like those too. I have some mac and lancome and those are nice too.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I got the naked shadow as a Christmas gift to myself.. love it.
    I'm also digging the bare minerals powder foundation kit... never thought I would've liked it since it is just powder but it stays on better than my Laura Mercier foundation.

I also love MAC and Smashbox and have a very unhealthy addiction to MAC makeup brushes.

and OPI nail polish... and any kind of nail polish

There is another brand of Moroccan oil that I like better than the Organix and I think the name is Style Works or Style FX??? I may have to google or wait to look when I get home.

I like it all :blushing:
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I feel so left out since I never really wear makeup lol
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump! This list is awesome!
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I LOVE Real Techniques brushes; I cannot recommend them highly enough. For me they are the perfect balance of affordable and quality. I also love Dr. Jart's BB Creme. My girlfriend got a sample of the Dr. Jart's in a --box (glossy? birch? loose button?) and I haven't even bothered with my MAC Face and Body since then.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have more makeup than I could ever possibly use, but my real weakness is nailpolish. China Glaze is my favorite brand, I have 115 bottles of that one brand alone, plus 100+ bottles of other brands.

OMG, someone who has more polishes than me lol... I did not think it was possible
    :flowerforyou:
  • sarahdkurtz
    sarahdkurtz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • femmefatale22
    femmefatale22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    love sigma brushes - i bought the set when they first came out and they're still in great quality! the Synthetic Kabuki Kit is lush!
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    meee!
    benefit - cream eyeshadow - get figgy or something like that :S
    and MUA - Undressed - basically the naked palette only it was £3 not £30 :D
    x
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

I have MAC brushes and absolutely love them. I use them for everything, foundation, powder, eyeshadow
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I can't live without my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer.. two colors so you can blend perfectly. I love Smashbox primer & foundation but for budget reasons have been using L'Oreal true match makeup. I love that they have so many colors and you can choose warm, cool or neutral.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    While my face never leaves home without it (lol), I have yet to show an interest in the higher priced cosmetics for fear that once I do, I'll be sucked in forever, lol.

My profile pic was taken this morning in my car (overcast lighting sucks, sorry, lol) ... everything on my face is Covergirl products, with the exception of Aveeno moisurizer and eye cream. It works for me. :smile:

P.S. Don't worry, I don't wear make-up to the gym ... because I workout in my garage, lol.

love it! I remove my makeup with plain ole vaseline too and wear Oil of Olay moisturizer! My daughter spends a mint on make-up. The thing she HAS changed about me is turning me on to using make-up brushes more but I still refuse to wear base/foundation!