30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    How many times a week are you supposed to do the DVD? Every dAy for 30 days at each level? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question!

You are supposed to do it 5 or 6 days a week - you should aim to have a day or 2 off from it to allow your muscles to repair. I think she does say that somewhere, just not on the DVD, which would be helpful.
  • mrspryz
    mrspryz Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm on day 2 and i'm in some serious pain today!

Has anyone done 30DS without eating healthy at the same time? Did you still get results?
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    How many times a week are you supposed to do the DVD? Every dAy for 30 days at each level? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question!

You are supposed to do it 5 or 6 days a week - you should aim to have a day or 2 off from it to allow your muscles to repair. I think she does say that somewhere, just not on the DVD, which would be helpful.

I was my understanding that it's a 30 day program in 3 sections. Each section for 10 days each is 30 days.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Just had a look at Jillian on YouTube. She is tough, think I will give it a go though. How do you guys log this on here?

I use an HRM. Then I add my own exercise to the database using the info from that.
  • Ickle_Pickle
    Ickle_Pickle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    On day 8 of level 1. Starting to find it easier, especially the cardio. Just disappointed as I don't seem to be seeing the results I did the first time and I'm doing it every day this time and at higher impact b

I wonder if my tummy was still shrinking anyway from having my baby whereas this time it's just fat :-(
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 level 1 today
  • leogerl
    leogerl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day, so day 1 level 1. My legs are a little sore but I'm curious to see how this turns out. I took my measurements after so we will see, we will see. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
  • butterfly_94501
    Options
    it really works...i tried it for 30 days due to a cruise...i lost 8lbs and 1-2 inches off waist.....keep it up
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    day 2 was the worst for me. it started to get easy for me around day 6. im on day 8 today (i skipped monday) and i think im starting with level 2. i've lost 2 inches off my waist already and my endurance has changed completely, even when i do other workouts :)
  • ITgoddess1
    Options
    I am on L1 Day 8...I burn around 235 - 252 per workout. I use a HRM. I haven't noticed much difference, but that's probably because I have A LOT of weight to lose. My legs hurt the worst, but its a great and fun workout...and only 27 min!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I starting today- was ok, burned 205calories in level one. Cant wait to do it tomorow. Im going to add stationary rowing 10-20mins a day and maybe another work out 2-3 days a week too. Iv got 5 inchs to go from my wasit to get to my goal so every little helps. Also I always hear you dont lose many lbs in weight but is that because your working out so much and your muscles might swell (and be a little heavier? not sure if thats what happens) from the strenght workouts so your weight doesnt change much? If Im still in a calorie deficit I should lose lbs too right?
  • carmend1974
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 1 of the 30 day shred, I´m completely exhausted!! ´
    My calves are so sore when I walk!! dont know how i will manage to to do day 3!!
    Cant wait to get to the end and see some results. :)
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 and i'm in some serious pain today!

Has anyone done 30DS without eating healthy at the same time? Did you still get results?

I did only level 3 with the Metabolism booster during the holidays and didn't eat very well... I haven't checked my weight, but when I look at myself I'm the same. If I would have eaten properly, I know it would have made a big difference!

Eat properly - get results. Abs are made in the kitchen!

I need to remember that :)
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am going to start it tomorrow! I had gotten Boost Metabolism Burn Fat (cardio) and No More Trouble Zones (strength)....was going to rotate them like the format of Body Revolution and was told that was not a good idea and needed to complete 30DS first. Will def need some support if anyone else is starting and wants friends. :-) Good luck everyone!
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Day 8 level 1 lost 10lbs (just started so guess most of that's water!) BUT 5.5 inches too!!
    I know it will slow down and I am prepared for that but it feels good to have something to show so far!
  • LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of level 1 :) my legs are still killing me! haha :) but it's so worth it the feeling you get afterwards.
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Jillian said that the "30 Day" was just a marketing tool. Her recommendation is 2 days of 30 DS - 1 day of cardio - 2 days of 30 DS - 1 day of cardio - rest day. So, she recommends 4 days/week, 2 days of cardio, and 1 rest day.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options

I was my understanding that it's a 30 day program in 3 sections. Each section for 10 days each is 30 days.

That's what I thought - then someone posted that they'd read that you were supposed to have a rest day each week, but I looked at Jillian's website after I posted this and I couldn't see anything at all about it. So ignore me, unless anyone can point us to an actual quote from Jillian saying that you should rest I'll just carry on doing it every day.

ETA maybe I should read to the end of the thread - duh. Mind you I guess it's whatever works for each person.
  • mrspryz
    mrspryz Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm not planning on any rest days...im going for 30 days straight.
  • Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 for me today.
    Very sore but I actually love it.
    I am going 30 days no breaks but we will see.
    Good luck!

Ps. I saw at Costco that they had 5-6 different JM DVDs and they are $7 bucks.