30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 yesterday & about to do day 2 later today. My butt is definitely feeling those lunges & squats today...Overall its not too bad though since I did about a month of Insanity over the summer so 30DS isn't as intense, but definitely gives me a good burn as well.

Is anyone else incorporating extra workouts with this? I've been power-walking around 2-3 miles in addition to this. I have some of her other workout DVDs too & was thinking about adding those in. Also, have you guys checked out The Ultimate 30DS post? The results from there are amazing!

I run, so I'll be running as well as doing the 30DS which I started yesterday. It's great for me because I travel a lot for work, so I can just put the DVD in my laptop in my hotel room and annoy the hell out of the person downstairs :wink: really handy if I'm at a hotel without a gym.

I wasn't sure if I should do 30DS on the same day as a run, but I think I'll try doing it when I get back from the run as an extra bit of a workout and only do a 3 mile run beforehand. Running has really helped with my weightloss and I don't want to give it up even though I'm onto maintenance now, though I've had a bit of a break as I had flu over Christmas.

Is anyone else doing a day's break during the week?
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    What equipment or accessories will I need if I decide to try this?
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You need some hand weights, about 2lbs, and possibly a mat if you're doing it on a hard surface. Then again, I used 2 tins of beans last night as my hand weight are 3 kilos which is a bit too heavy, and that seemed to work okay for me! Maybe a bit too light though.
  • Emma_A
    Emma_A Posts: 14
    Options
    You can buy it on amazon for £5 or like others have said on YouTube, I've been doing it on and off for a few months but back on it seriously now. I really struggle with pushups, does anyone else? It's agony! I'm sticking to Level 1 until I feel it's becoming a bit easier... it's a great workout. Also ordered some handweights off amazon as I didn't have any (was using ankle weights!).
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am doing this and just started Level 2 which is OMG...so much harder than level 1. But then I remember thinking 'OMG' at the beginning of Level 1 too.

I have before and after pics in my profile. I am doing 30DS most days but I usually do 1 x pure cardio session a week and 1 x pilates (and no 30DS on those days). And I generally have 1 x rest day a week. And I probably did Level 1 for 3 weeks (15 times) before I was ready to move to Level 2.

For those moving up a level - don't make my mistake and think that you can follow Natalie from the get go (in Lvl 1 I followed Anita the beginner and then gradually started following Natalie, then when I got to Lvl 2 I nearly collapsed, LOL)
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1! I did 30DS over the summer with great results. Also did her Ripped in 30 with decent results. I was in the middle of 6 Week 6 Pack, but I wasn't crazy about it, probably because there aren't as many posts about it to keep me motivated. I decided to do 30 Day Shred again with 3 pound weights this time (used a couple of cans last time!). Worked up a sweat this morning! I feel great!
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    At the risk of sounding oblivious, what is the 30 day shred?

A really good workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. It has you moving constantly! It will make you sweat and it will make you sore! Love it!
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Did this back in October and it really boosted my weight loss and tone. About to start again...Yikes!
  • retta717
    retta717 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well I missed D3L1 yesterday, but got it under my belt this morning. Every workout seems to get a little bit better - can go longer, do more reps, etc. That is enough to give me some encouragement to keep moving forward.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bummed that I gained 1lb. I know its prob muscle or just fluctuation but it totally blows.

Day 4 is today for me
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit, and it showed that I burned about 175 calories doing the Shred.
  • Ickle_Pickle
    Ickle_Pickle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did the shred in November a a post baby workout along with weight watchers

I only managed 14 days within the 30 and still had massive success.

Inch loss

Start
    Arms - 11.5
    Hips - 41
    Waist- 40.5
    Thighs - 21

End

Arms -10.5 (1 inch loss)
    Hips - 38.5 (2.5 inch loss)
    Waist - 35.5 ( 6 inch loss)
    Thighs - 19 (2 inch loss)

Overall 11 inches off my whole body.

I lost about 4lbs on the scales.

I've just started it again and going to try and do the full 30 days and see what difference it makes.
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    I did the shred in November a a post baby workout along with weight watchers

I only managed 14 days within the 30 and still had massive success.

Inch loss

Start
    Arms - 11.5
    Hips - 41
    Waist- 40.5
    Thighs - 21

End

Arms -10.5 (1 inch loss)
    Hips - 38.5 (2.5 inch loss)
    Waist - 35.5 ( 6 inch loss)
    Thighs - 19 (2 inch loss)

Overall 11 inches off my whole body.

I lost about 4lbs on the scales.

I've just started it again and going to try and do the full 30 days and see what difference it makes.

That is fantastic!
  • shannonS108
    shannonS108 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just did level one for the first time today. Boy did I work up a sweat. I couldn't do the same number of squats, lunges, or push ups as Jillian, but I came close.
  • Ickle_Pickle
    Options
    I'm trying to resize my pics so I can put them on but it's not happening.

X
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 level 1 - my calves and abs are sore!

The results thread posted above is great motivation!
  • Ickle_Pickle
    Options
    Hope this should work now.

This is after doing 14 days out of the 30. 10 at level one and 4 at level 2.

DE6760CE-0349-4ECF-BEED-4F2B1DF99B6A-280-00000025111115E6-1_zps94d74ad0.jpg

316747D7-E643-44BE-A9FE-3186717E4FA7-280-000000251CFEE415-1_zps4db01bfa.jpg
  • brittaney0625
    Options

That is awesome!!
  • contraryquite
    Options

That is awesome!!

Agreed! I really want to give this a go, I think it would have useful transfer for my gym workouts too. I need to get some weights for home and I'm good to go.
  • LMadams8519
    LMadams8519 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump