30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Today was day 1 of Level 2.

Oh. My. God.

I actually had to stop so many times, I ended up doing the 25 minute video in 35 minutes. I could not keep up with the forward and backward lunges so I had to stop the video, do the reps for a longer time just to match the number, and start again.

What is the plank that they do at the end? What do I need to use for it?

Plank twist and Jillian says it's for your abs. It is hard, I know. That is the the worst plank and the one where I always collapse several times.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hope this should work now.

This is after doing 14 days out of the 30. 10 at level one and 4 at level 2.

DE6760CE-0349-4ECF-BEED-4F2B1DF99B6A-280-00000025111115E6-1_zps94d74ad0.jpg

316747D7-E643-44BE-A9FE-3186717E4FA7-280-000000251CFEE415-1_zps4db01bfa.jpg

Awesome photos! The shred is doing wonder for you.

Today was day 5 L2. My upper arms are sore today and so are my hands from the carpet. Those plank twists are really hard! I took most of my mini breaks during those to rest. Still working on my strength & endurance.
  • katiep247
    katiep247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just started - only done two days so far! You guys have totally inspired me - thank you :-)
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've just started - only done two days so far! You guys have totally inspired me - thank you :-)

Keep it up! I am just on day 4! Ready for day 5 tomorrow thought. :)
  • DotCanada
    DotCanada Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    this morning was day 2, level 1 for me...my shoulders/chest muscles are so sore! I plan to do the video 6x a week and hope that it will help to tighten & tone things up. I don't have a lot of weight to loose (3 lbs to get back on track after the holidays where I felt all that I did was eat!), but definitely need the exercise (as was proven when doing the cardio part of each circuit!). My short-term motivation is a caribbean vacation in six weeks!!
    Let's do this!
  • cabblett
    cabblett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three and definitely have a lot of soreness in my legs, but I am loving it! I'd love to have some friends who are just starting as well to have some accountability. :)
  • Ickle_Pickle
    Ickle_Pickle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am ACHING today. I'm going to try and get today's out of the way early and then have a nice hot bath while hubby takes our daughter to his mum's.

I have my niece's naming ceremony next Sunday and feeling horrible so hoping I'll see/feel the effects a bit by then as I should be on day 12 by then.

X
  • ParisKennedy
    ParisKennedy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am on day two as well. I am surprised that Level 1 is not that difficult for me. I am not really a huge workout person, but I am a massage therapist so it must be working muscles I already use at work. I am going to bump to level two. For those who asked, "what this is" . .it is the 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels. It promises you can lose up to 20 lbs in 30 days. It's a video that can be purchased for around $10 at Walmart, etc. It's a circuit workout using light weights and cardio.
  • ParisKennedy
    ParisKennedy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You lost 6 inches off your waist in two weeks? Thank you sooooo much for sharing your results here. I am going to keep it up with this video. That's wonderful!
  • justme9717
    Options
    Today is my 8th day of 30DS level 1... I enjoy doing it a lot and as jillian says, there really is increased endurance in me. Can't wait for the 30th day =)
  • nikkiellie01
    nikkiellie01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I am just about to do level 1...... Day 2 and my legs are already a little sore , This is keeping me motivated that it's working

please add me
    i would really like some 30ds friends
  • Ickle_Pickle
    Options
    It was over a period of around 5 weeks sorry but I only did 14 days of the shred in that 5 weeks.

It's probably partly my waist coming down from having a baby too, I started the shred at 8 weeks post baby and took those after shred measurements and photos at 13 weeks post baby. I maintain that the shred really helped though. I lost 3 inches off my waist in the first week.
    I feel less wobbly and more toned too although I still have a long way to go to get my pre baby body back.

X
  • princesssvicky14
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'll be on day 7 of level 1 tomorrow.

I've cut back on food and trying to eat healthy and also do a 10 minute jog,10 minutes hula-hooping and 20 minutes step-up a day or at least try and add my just dance 3 into it too.

So far I have lost 6lbs but unfortunately forgot to do my inches so no idea on that but can feel I have lost around my stomach and my tops are looser!

Determined to keep going as gave up last time..Looking forward to level 2!!!!!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do day 2 of level 1 today. I started on Friday, but yesterday was my first day back running after having flu, so I didn't want to over do it and skipped the 2nd 30DS session. I could definitely feel it in my bum and knees, and my chest from doing the chest presses with the weights. As I run a lot my legs aren't too bad - but I think I'll be feeling it a lot in my upper body as that doesn't get a lot of exercise apart from the odd swim.

I'm a bit worried about the knees, well knee to be precise. I injured it a couple of years back and on Friday I found that using my knees for the press ups caused it to be painful - but we'll see. I may just have to put a cushion under them. All the more reason to get onto doing press ups properly.
  • stephldn
    Options
    im on day 8 of level 1 today! ive been on a serious plateau for about 3 moths now, prior to which i lost 50lbs but nothing will kick this plateau. ive been eating 1200 cal a day and i haven't lost anything since starting the 30 day shred :( the last 3 months have been so hard and ive been so close to throwing in the towel so many times!! has anyone else got out of a plateau using this? ill definitley stick it out but it will be so disheartening if i don't lose anyting
  • Ickle_Pickle
    Options
    Don't focus on losing pounds doing this as you will build muscle and that weighs more than fat, so you may actually gain weight.
    Measure you waist, hips, arms and thighs to get a true reflection of how your body is changing.

Xx
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    today is my day 6 on level 1 ... I agree dont give up everything I have read says you may not loose weight but if you measure you will loose inches.. I swear I think I already have! I am going to remeasure at every 10 days just to see!!! lol Good luck everyone!
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have had to skip a day between each workout! The day after I started-whew! My thighs felt like lead! It hurt to sit to go to the bathroom! With a day between I am good though! Good luck!
  • joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did the JM "Ripped in 30" last night and went in to track my exercise and was surprised to find no matches on the cardio choices. Any ideas on how many calories burned?
  • retta717
    retta717 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D4. Today seemed a little tougher than yesterday for some reason, but I did it nonetheless!