30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Is anyone wearing a heart rate monitor. Whats your calorie burn in 30 day shred?

for level 1 about 175-200. im 5'2" and 160. level 2 about 225
  • mtngirl01
    mtngirl01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 5 and know exactly how you felt on Day 2! It was rough but it gets easier! Keep it up!
  • queezle_sister
    queezle_sister Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 16, the 5th day of level 2. I had to eliminate weights on one strengthening exercise - in circuit 3 - as even Motrin didn't solve the back pain issue. Starting level 2 was like beginning level 1 - it totally kicked my butt. Enjoy people!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding oblivious, what is the 30 day shred?

It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels.

LEVEL 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
    LEVEL 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdJ9jJv594
    LEVEL 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMN4g3D4ODE
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 16, the 5th day of level 2. I had to eliminate weights on one strengthening exercise - in circuit 3 - as even Motrin didn't solve the back pain issue. Starting level 2 was like beginning level 1 - it totally kicked my butt. Enjoy people!
    ive done it before, but this time level 2 really got me as well! lol
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I just finished day 2 too! And yes I am super sore. However...keep it up. That is one of the main things that got me my results. I lost about 7 lbs I think the first rounds but over 10 inches. If you haven't yet, take pics and do measurements. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Dana
  • Sftballshorty14
    Options
    I am 5 foot weighing 155 pounds and i burned 234 calories in 24 mins
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i started day 1 this morning and i'm hoping to stick with it this time.

i've only ever got as far as level 2 so we'll see if i can see all 3 levels this time. i love it. feels so good afterwards and i've seen results in the past so i know this time won't be different. :)

GOOD LUCK! keep at it!
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Omg Im on day two level one and I am hurting all over loving it as well im doing something good for my body you go girls you all rock!!!!!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Is anyone wearing a heart rate monitor. Whats your calorie burn in 30 day shred?

I wear one. The first couple of days I burned around 235 calories, but the last couple of days only 215.

thank you
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options

for level 1 about 175-200. im 5'2" and 160. level 2 about 225

thanks
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Yesterday was day 2 of level 1 for me, I wear a HRM - 217 Calories burned yesterday.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

I'm 42 yrs old, 5'0", currently weighing 151-153 (fluctuations). On level 1, my average burn was 176 calories. On level 2, I average 200.
  • cnurnberger
    cnurnberger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started day 1 yesterday but got interrupted 1/2 way through :-(....strange to see how few calories are burned since just 10 mins of jump rope per MFP burn 119 calories.
  • jhoney8
    jhoney8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2. I woke up today and my armpits are sore. Crazy. Anyone else find that they burp while doing the cardio? Weird, right?
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS the day after Christmas, so I'll be doing day 9 tonight (on Level 1). My endurance is up ... but my arms are still feeling it because I have a past neck & shoulder injury. I've been losing inches. Unfortunately, I didn't measure in advance but I can tell by the way my clothes fit and the way I look. I've lost most of my weight already (a little less than 5 lbs to go) and am in the process of toning up now, but remember with this ... you're gaining muscle which weighs more than fat ... so you lose fat ... and gain muscle ... and if I'm staying even the same weight (right now I am), I figure that I've lost weight ... and I've lost a *LOT* of fat. I tend to have troubles in my stomach area and it's gotten a lot flatter. My arms tend to be skinny (lovely with a fat belly ... blah ...) and I can tell that I've got muscle there now. My legs also tend to be skinny (like I say ... charming with a fat belly ... blah ...) but they're getting a lot more definition. I finally feel like I'm getting back to the shape I was in 10 years ago ... and I like it. Anyway, the workout is hard ... but it kicks *kitten* ... and takes names ... and makes you feel better. (Hey, I even sleep better.) Don't give up. Fight through it. It's well worth it. My daughter gave me the DVD and it's been great. I'm sure Level 2, which I plan on starting Saturday, 1.5.13, will kick my butt too. I'm looking forward to it. It's definitely working. :bigsmile:

Oh and by the way ... I burn about 230 calories doing Level 1.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    It kicks my butt anytime I do it!
  • leenie96
    Options
    Thanks for the links...bump
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I finished it just before Christmas. I'm currently cycling through the levels until I start Insanity on Monday. I will probably go back to it once I've finished Insanity. It's a really great workout and I totally love it......but.......I don't think you can just do the 30 Day Shred for 20 mins every day and nothing else. It's a great place to start if you're not doing any exercise at all, but I think you need to add other stuff in as well.
  • muzio
    muzio Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Finished day 3 today -- planning to get through the program by the end of January! I definitely noticed even today that it was easier than day one (just easiER, not easy).

Any fellow 30DSers, I'd love to have you as friends! Add me :)