Look for 200+ (Week 19) Fling Into Spring!

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    EEEK - what a long day. I went to fax a doctor note just before leaving this morning and discovered a referral from a home health company that neglected to call and confirm that I'd take. They just assumed I would since I always do. But it put me behind by 20 min all day having to call and reschedule people so that I wouldn't have to back track (*sighs*). Oh well. That will teach me to check the fax as soon as I get home not the next morning before I leave... At least the client was very nice. So I just got home.

I did make it to mom's for a quick 30 min workout to sweating with the oldies. I had an unexpected challenge and my right arm will probably be sore tomorrow. She was baby sitting for a neighbor and the 2 yr old was fascinated by me and the dancing. He kept clinging to my leg so I picked him up and danced with him in my arms - WOW have I forgotten what an extra 20 pounds feels like. But he was adorable. It also made me feel old. I realized that I could have been his grandma :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have a date with my hot tub as soon as DH gets home (about 20 more min:love: ). My body needs it. Well I've got to run and put some dinner on. Have a great evening.
  • mrsbojangles
    Options
    I would LOVE a date with the hot tub! I am so jealous! :tongue:

Really hard day today. I had to go to court to represent a foster child and things did not go well. I tried to not let it ruin my day, but when I went back to my job I was cranky and let it get the best of me. Thank goodness I am home now and can just relax. I'd sure like a hot tub to ask me out, though! :wink:
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Figured I would say goodnight to all my superheros Once again I got on my treadmill for 35 minutes. I am still nervous about weigh in Friday which is really silly.

Have a great evening.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    So Super Heros. I am just thrilled. Check out my badge - do you see that (***drum roll please***) 40 pounds!!!! Who ever dreamed I could do that (well I dreamed it but never thought it would really happen.) I woke up feeling like an elephant covered with wrinkles (bloating from TOM:grumble: ) and the scale still loved me :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am so elated esp coming off a weekend when I ate wonderfully bad (does that make sense - I loved the food but it was not healthy eating).

I booked my flight to Phoenix last night. So now I have 3 mini vacations planned - one each month. Birding in Frankenmuth with shopping (Birch Run) and family in 3 weeks, Chicago in April to celebrate spring/Easter with family, and Phoenix in May to see my friend. All are short 3 to 4 day weekend trips but will be sooooo much fun.

Today is another 3/4 work day with planned 3-mile jog outside this afternoon and an evening workout with mom. I still need to develop her UE routine. I guess maybe I'll go do that now... Then I'd better call a home health company and tell them I'll take a client or 2 (I do this when I want to save money for something - they always want me to take their clients, pay well and I just put the money aside to cover my mad vacations or spending sprees:wink: )

Have a great day and do extra well on the last chance workout for tomorrow's weigh-in.

ps - kristina - I hope your having a wonderful time and I've missed you the last 2 days!!!!!!

great job on the workout mish!!!! mrsbojangles - my hot tub date was nice cool weather, no wind and a man with a nice body (oh is that TMI:blushing:) I do love DH almost as much as my hot tub.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Pinbot...I'm so jealous right now...the scale loves you, ( even with TOM visiting) hot bodied man in hot tub:blushing: , and three trips planned...so NOT fair:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 40 pounds down...and really it hasn't taken you that long...that is fantastic...your going to pass me at the rate your going!! So happy for you, I bet your smiling ear to ear all day!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Sun is shining here, going to get out and take my pal Bella for a walk..then come home and decide what I will do for my last chance workout...I haven't planned anything yet....I really should get some strength training in...but I didn't plan that right this week...hate to do a tough P90X routine right before weigh-in...but I might...
    Have a great day everyone......
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    hEY SUPER HEROES! i'M NOT TOO HAPPY THIS MORNING, i WEIGHED IN AT 222. I had corned beef and corn with white rice for dinner... I'm hoping its sodium, but we shall see on saturday. I have been fairly good this week... & last night I had so many calories left over, I had to eat some back and that was right before 9pm, so I'm hoping if I don't eat after 7 for the next few days, it'll all even out..?:sad:
    Good job Pinbot!! I'm happy for you!!
    So yesterday I was walking home from the bus stop and I saw my upstairs neighbor; I ahven't seen her since june 09, but she said "I hope I'm not wrong, but you look like your loosing weight..." & I was like no, your right and thank you! Her complimenting me made me REALLY wanna work out, because I wanted to just go to bed, but she encouraged me, and I want to continue this downward trend... But seeing 222 on the scale today discouraged me...
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies! We have really revved up our posting! I don't post often to new threads anymore so MY TOPICS goes back pretty far....just thought this is interesting....these are our weeks and how many posts we had

Week -Number of postings
    10- 29
    11- 42
    12- 51
    13- 69
    14- 66
    15- 63
    16- 80
    17- 112 (wow!)
    18- 150 (:noway: )
    19- 108 (including this post)

It helps that our group keeps growing :smile:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Down with a awful migraine yesterday. Spent all day in bed. It sucked. Today I have the "headache hangover", but I am going to try to get in a workout. Part of me says, no....just rest today, and the other part of me says exercise is the best health cure.
    Pinot.....great job!!!40 pound?!?!! I'd love to see some before and after pictures. or is it too early to ask?? congrats!!

sounds like everyone else is doing all right, getting their exercise, getting compliments, etc.
    Here's to a fabulous day before the weigh in!!
  • mish3131
    Options
    Morning everyone! Ok, tomorrow is weigh in and silly me is still nervous even though I have been committed to my treadmill this week.

Pinbo - Sometimes TOM can be nice. I hope I get down 40lbs soon. CONGRATS to you.

Nikki143 - It is probably a little water retention. I wouldn't worry about it.

CDS - I say do what you can. I know I had a hard day last week and only did 15 minutes on the treadmill. Sometimes you just need to rest.

Blombie - Yeah, I have been posting more. :glasses:
  • cds2327
    Options
    change to my earlier post.....
    I'm not working out today. might do some small free weights, but that is it. Every fiber of my being and my gut are telling me "one more day of rest". I think with all that I have going on with my stress levels and moving and such, I really need to listen to my body more. I do NOT want any more migraines.
    It's just, as a fat girl, I find it so hard to find the distinction between listening to my body and just being lazy. Anyone else question themselves sometimes??

I do have to give some props and love to my hubby. Not only did he take the day off yesterday to take care of me and my son, but he even tired his very best to give me healthy meals. Special K and bananas for breakfast, a lean cuisine panini for lunch, and some turkey tacos for dinner.
    I love that man!!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    cd - take the day to rest. If you feel better tonight, then try something. I was just talking to my mom about having her take some pictures of me in the outfit I have on from my Hawaii vacation. I know I am smaller and my clothes are fitting better but it is so hard to believe that pictures are going to look better :blushing: I shied away from the camera all last weekend at the baby shower. I feel the same size in my mind since I never felt fat (*sighs*)... Sometimes I am shocked at how I look in pictures and wonder where how I got to look that way. I'll try to get some pictures taken this weekend. I need some good mid-way pictures.

Well I better go get on the treadmill. What the *blank* happened to our good weather predictions? It is gloomy and 29 here. I really wanted to run outside today but I just can't make myself with the wind and lack of sun. Well my 1 o'clock rescheduled for 2 so I better get on the treadmill and get the running over. Then, I have to shower. Thank goodness, I can throw a stone from my house and hit my client's home (ie: they are less than a mile away). Gotta love the close clients:bigsmile:
  • cds2327
    Options
    Ladies, I've read a bunch of threads today and got myself all confuzzled.
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your recommended (by MFP) caloric intake per day, and how many pounds do you want to lose per week?

They have me at 1600 per day, but say that my BMR is 1700. how am i going to lose weight with only a 100 pound difference?
    sorry if i am being stupid. i just really want to lose weight!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    cds - same boat here. My goal to lose 1 lb a week sets me at 1570...but my BMR and RMR is like 1651. So yeah. WTF? LOL. Granted there isn't a big diff in cals there at all...but why would it set it any lower than your BMR?

I'm not losing weight, not losing inches...so something is going on with me. Yes I'm gaining muscle and I feel better but what I'm doing ain't workin to say the least. So IDK either!

I'd rather go to Vegas and play blackjack sometimes ha ha!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    cd - I just read your post about being confused. I have to ask if you recently went to "goals" and click "change them" and do the entire process? It took me awhile to realize that you need to do this each time after you "check-in". Currently for weight of 198 and set for sedentary and 1 pound/week loss, my daily goal is 1450. Now I am only 5' 5.5"... I don't know if height plays a difference. I think (but truthfully don't remember) 1680 was my start number when I weighed 237. Good luck figuring it out. Let me know if I can help. I haven't fretted too much over the numbers since I have been consistently losing. I need to look up the numbers and get back to you on what they mean.

I read an article today that you guys may like - its how one lady fed herself and her SO for $25 for a week.

http://cheaphealthygood.blogspot.com/2010/02/25-food-project-one-man-seven-days-21.

I did get my run in today (*whew*).
  • Laceylala
    Options
    pinbot - do you eat all your work out cals back?

thanks for the article
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Lacey - I normally eat most of my exercise cal back. At a min I try to eat 1200 + my exercise cal (this leaves me 280 under my normal 500 cal deficit)... If you want to friend me, you can review my food diary - I have it set to be viewed by friends only.
  • mish3131
    Options
    I finally found something out. I always strain to finish my walking on the treadmill, but tonight I grabbed a book I have been reading and set it up so I could read while walking. Well, needless to say I actually did not pay any attention to the time or calories and ended up walking more then usually. I still ended up the sweaty me.
  • cds2327
    Options
    Yup, i changed my goals to 1 lb a week (though i hope it goes faster) , and it has me at 1600 per day. Which im not complaining about, but if my bmr is 1683, then i don't see how i am going to lose weight. maybe i need to just trust in the system, listen to what the tools are telling me and eat my 1600. I am glad i am not the only one confused with this. I like your idea (pinbot) about never going under 1200 and eating half your workout calories back.

Mish! Great job. I noticed that I started working out longer and it seemed to go quicker when I got my ipod nano for christmas. listening to music seems to help the time fly.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    cds - if you eat 1600 cals PLUS at least half your exercise cals back, then you are probably hitting that RMR/BMR number, right? I guess I'd check that out maybe?

pinbot - I will friend you :) I need to friend all my girls in this group too.

mish - music, reading, watching tv...all of that helps me get thru cardio

I found one thing that works for me when I attempt trying to run..I pick a 3 minute fast paced song on my ipod, walk the first two minutes and start running the last minute. I know that when the song is done I can either stop running or keep going. It's super easy to keep track of and it doesn't feel as long because they are fast songs. Also I don't have to look at the clock on the treadmill which frankly is just torture for me watching those seconds click by. So I'm going to find about 10 3ish minute songs this weekend and make a playlist on my ipod just for running.

I hurt my knee last night on the elliptical...I had run on the treadmill and then did elliptical. Well as I was going backwards, I came down a little to fast and didn't have my weight distributed right and it felt like my knee bent backwards? So I didn't run tonight and was very very careful on the 45 mins I did on the elliptical. I put Sambra on it tonight and hope tomorrow I can try to run some more. If not, that is okay too. I don't want to hurt it to where I can't work out at all.

Good potential news..I THINK I might just have lost 1 lbs this week! I didn't have my glasses on when I stepped on the scale but I am pretty sure it said 208. I will weigh tomorrow or Saturday again and see. God i hope so. I could use the physical sign of weight loss on that stupid thing!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I still need to catch up on everyone's post and fill you all in on my trip (eating wasn't pretty, didn't exercise after the first day, but had a blast). I'll discuss when I get a chance tomorrow.

NEW THREAD EVERYONE! CHECK FOR WEEK 20