Tight Lacing/ Waist Training/ Corseting

12346»

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Is there any good place or brand to buy a beginner corset online? I am not ready for the fully custom ones anyway, so I could theoretically get one for $100, right?
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member
    if you have a fairly "normal" figure, Timeless Trends isn't bad. It's the only off-the-rack store I've tried, and even though I'm a little wide at the hips and waist compared to at the ribs, mine fits pretty darned good. It's very comfortable, and has managed to withstand a LOT of wear.
  • hearthemelody
    My lord, they have some truly beautiful items! Every color and textile!
  • Posture support and boobie spillage?

I'm in :flowerforyou:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    No thanks. I cant even make it through an entire evening in spanx without running to the can to remove it so I can breathe...
  • hearthemelody
    In my (limited) experience, corsets are much more comfortable than elastic based systems!
  • I love corsets. I don't wear all the time, but I wear them when dressing up, and my corsets cinch about 3-5 inches.
    =]
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    who doesnt love a nice corest??! wwayyyy better than silly spanx. my corests I can work my way into and fit accordingly. not feel like i'm wiggling into a sausage casing :D i love my corsets <3
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    The first 3 pics just looks like the lady is wearing proper underwear...

...that last picture just doesn't look right.....looks...weird.
    Also the first 3 pictures are from the 30's and do not depict a corset. The 3rd picture is obviously edited.
    Incorrect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tightlacing

447px-Corset_16inch.jpg
    I love an hourglass figure, but that looks cartoonish and awful. If I thought any part of that was her natural body, I would never criticize. But I can't imagine hating myself enough to do that to myself on purpose.

I call photoshop. There isn't nearly enough boning in that bodice to draw her in that much.

i agree. that's not a waist training corset.
    though I suppose if she were one of those women who wears a training corset 18 hours a day and one her "day off" put on costume corset for show, that could be her actual waist, but most likely it's shopped.