What's the worst thing said about your weight ?

Options

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My ex: "I'm 5'0 and I weigh more than you!"

Guy in a cafe: "Look at that kid. Chicken legs..."

Both occurred about four months ago, but ouch, stings. >_<
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    No one has really said anything about me being fat. A lot of people think I'm fit (if only they knew about my stupid gut). I did have a boy in 8th grade call me fat though. But like someone said earlier, I say more bad things about my weight than anyone else. When people say I look good, I think they're lying.
  • bub_snig
    Options
    Where do I start....
    Well

I am still called and referred to by this day "flabby guts" by my mother...

I have been cheated on by 11/12 of my ex boyfriends to a skinny blonde bimbo

And everyday of my childhood up to my early 20's by Sarah Jones..... Teased and belittled all the time.

The worst thing she ever said to me was "Go and slit your wrists, you fat pig, you will never be any use to society. No body likes fat people and they all laugh at you behind your back and you should remember that." The sad thing was after she said that I tried to do that exact thing. Obviously didn't work but I had a horrible childhood and all the bullying still torments me to this day. I'm so lucky to have my fiancée in my life to make me feel beautiful and loved.
  • FITBY30
    FITBY30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    gonna be completely honest here- i had sex with a guy that was extremely skinny when i was a little over weight not much, and after he said to me" ive never felt so skinny" ---i felt like a whale.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well let's seeeeee. My ex boyfriend called me a "fat ****" while on holidays one time....yep. 2 years later while drunk he told me I was "getting one of those things fat people get"....Long story short, I backhanded him and he moved out 2 days later :)

People suck. And it's all fine and dandy to think things, to actually come out and say these things is a whole other story. Especially to someone walking down the street, minding their own business!!! Keep it to yourself.
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well actually the ish doesn't surprise me! People suck! I was once told I was fat and would always be fat, boy do I have to remind myself of that on bad days!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Top Ten:

1) "I like thicker women"- by a boyfriend when I was 125.
    2) "If you gain weight, I'll leave you"- by a fiancee when I was 119.
    3) "If you lost weight you wouldn't have that back problem"--by an ortho who didn't know I got hurt when I was 118 lbs
    4) "You are getting too skinny"--by my godmother
    5) "She used to look like that girl on the TV right there, THATS what she can look like!" --to my new fiance by my aunt when 130
    6) "What did you weigh? 250?"--by a current friend two days ago
    7) "You should at least TRY to zumba, because you still have a pretty face" by my hubby's hometown friends' wife months ago
    8) "We don't have bra's in a size for you" by a victoria's secret worker when I was a size 6.
    9) "Wow, you've gained weight!" to my thin hubby, while conspicuously looking at me and smirking--by same hometown friend
    10) "That dress is beautiful mommy, you just have to get rid of your tummy to buy it." by my son when looking at dresses online.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow....top ten. That's not cool. Yup it's offical, people are stupid. People never cease to amaze me. But it also surprises me how many people are realllly bad at judging weight.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I have been told something simliar by my current Fiance. Sadly I haven't gained much weight since we got together 4 years ago, but he did tell me that no attractive looking guy would ever want to be with me and that if we ever did break up that I would probably be alone. Also he comments on how hot skinny girls are around me all the time b/c he knows how it makes me feel :(
    [/quote]

And you are going to marry him? Run Sweetie! Run like the wind!
  • MonicaW1988
    MonicaW1988 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was once asked "When are you expecting?" and I said "I'm not pregnant"... (and I wasn't overly big then either...)

I used to get picked on at High school about my hips (I have wide hips naturally) and was called the grinch... that hurt a lot.

Someone said to me yesterday while looking at my NZ drivers license "Wow you look so much thinner now" .... I was like "Thanks but I was thinner in that photo then now" I wasn't majorly offended but still hurts a little.

I get told "your not fat your just normal, stop worrying, stop stressing you don't need to lose weight".... well it's my body and if I don't feel comfortable with myself physically then I am perfectly allowed to bloody well do something about it.
  • kirika05
    Options
    About one week after I'd given birth to my son (I gained about 80lbs during my pregnancy), I said hello to a guy who was openly fond of me in highschool at the mall and continued on about my business. A mutual friend of ours told me that he told him it was a shame that I used to be so "hot" but now I had a baby and ruined my body. That I was "fat and gross" now. I confronted him about it the next time I saw him. He was quite apologetic and tried to lessen the blow a little by saying "Oh no.. I really just meant that you have changed.. and you don't look like you used to." Nice save. I thought that was kind of scumbag-y.

Any other hurtful comments I received were when I was actually at my desired goal weight, about how I was "too skinny" or anhorexic. I ate all the time, looked (and was) healthier, but was active. People tend to be more afraid of making comments about my being overweight.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Ive always had a big booty...im puerto rican

I remember as a child being called african booty scratcher
  • pinkpascal
    pinkpascal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just last week my sister told me i looked pregnant and was disgusting while we were on holiday :(
  • Deekay8008
    Deekay8008 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the worst things said about my weight have been said BY me in my own head. :grumble:

THIS >>
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me tear up. I don't know why people have to be so horrible :noway:

A few things off the top of my head:

My former best friend laughing at me in the changing rooms saying that I couldn't buy a pair of shorts because it'd show off my 'cellulite' - NB: I was about 125lbs and I think she was just a jealous ***** tbh but it started off a chain reaction with my body image.

Another friend's ex boyfriend who I hated kept asking me if I was pregnant knowing full well I wasn't.

My mum buying a pregnancy test when I came home from university one time :laugh:

I fell out with a male friend and he started prank calling me and one time I received a message that said something about me fancying his mate but he doesn't go out with "chubby" girls.

What the **** ever. I might have a tummy but at least I have the decency to treat people with respect.
  • Deekay8008
    Options
    Having read a lot of these posts, it seems to be a huge amount of family members, family in law members and even partners who are making a lot of these really thoughtless, judgmental , hurtful and at times downright nasty comments. I must admit I've had a couple of comments from strangers, "you're fat, said by a junkie to his friend as I was staring in a baker window looking at what my boyfriend at the time might want. "Are you pregnant?" asked with delight by my former landlord just at the point where I was putting weight on, although to her credit she was absolutely mortified when I said no. When my husband fell out with a neighbour (who was a bully and who was eventually reported to the police) he called me a fat cow. Being about 3 times the size of my husband and carrying a hammer at the time, admittedly it wasn't like he could take him on, but we did have to report him for shoving him up against a wall and brandishing a hammer. Anyway,these comments have on the most part been from people who are clearly crass idiots, who frankly wouldn't have had my respect to begin with, so it has never bothered me that much.

I think if family or friends were to make such comments they would be on the sharp end of a lecture from me about their insensitivity and as for my husband, well he has been nothing but supportive as I've been losing weight, the fact is, if he was anything else, he wouldn't be my husband. It is about respect, if my Mother was to make any comment about my weight that didn't have a supportive element, well she would just have to apologise in order to talk to me again, I just won't take that *kitten* in any shape or form from the people who are supposed to love me.
  • Deekay8008
    Options
    Where do I start....
    Well

I am still called and referred to by this day "flabby guts" by my mother...

Get your Mother told, that makes me so angry on your behalf. Tell her if she calls you that one more time you're relationship is going to collapse into dust, make her scared to even think it!

Sorry that just really got to me, especially when taken into consideration with the other things you mention.
  • jenapurr
    jenapurr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was asked if I was pregnant...I wasnt
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what people say about me, but here's a few related things that get me really wound up and annoyed:

1. People who have met my mum (and know that she is diabetic and struggling with her weight) that point out overweight people in public and insult them to me. I hate this in general, but knowing that they KNOW my family members suffer with the same problem really annoys me and I think it's tactless. Once I had to sit through a long graduation ceremony with a relative who was constantly pointing at overweight people and commenting on how bad they looked, knowing full well that obesity is a problem in my family.

2. Watching TV or a film with friends and they constantly comment on the weight of the actress, whether she's "too fat" or "needs to eat a burger." It's so boring and it would be great if weight wasn't always part of the discussion.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend said about 4 months into our relationship (we've been together for 3 years now) that 'his type of women is skinny, tall, blonde with little boobs.'
    And here I am....fat, short, brown hair with massive boobs. COMPLETELY the opposite of what he wanted.
    It stung, it still hurts now whenever I think about it. I tell him all the time that what he said hurt me, because I love him and I want to be his perfect woman.
    Since then he's apologized all the time and told me 'That's just his type, but I'm the one he loves and he'll never leave me'. But obviously that will stick in my head.

When I was younger I had a group of friends, and one day they all turned their back on me saying they never liked me because I was fat, they then proceeded to call me Fat Laura for the rest of the year.