What's the worst thing said about your weight ?

Options

Replies

• Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    "You need to wire your mouth shut".
  • GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    Nothing.....just nothing at all. No support from my spouse either way.

Don't know it that is bad or good...
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    When I was in my teens I was very overweight. One day I pushed my nerves aside and decided to go out for a bike ride - it took me SO much courage to do it. As I was biking past a group of teenage boys, they started whistling and yelling at me then burst out laughing, calling me a fat *kitten* :(. It hurt me so much I didn't go out biking again...

A guy at work was getting numbers for a work meal. I told him it'd be me +1 (my husband) and he said "Oh ok, but it'll be +2 next year right?" I asked him what he meant and he said because I'd have a baby then... I told him I wasn't pregnant but he kept on insisting I was. It was pretty weird to be honest, not sure if it was anything to do with the size of my belly or just him being an oddball lol.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    A few days after having my daughter her dad told me he would be so glad when I get my sexy figure back that I looked nasty

I really hope you punched him in the balls.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Two girls popped out of a limo sun roof wile driving by and yelled, "Hey fatty."

Wife told me I was not allowed to weigh less than her.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 3/4 and when I was in school at 140lbs (a normal weight for my height, tho at the high end) someone asked me if I was pregnant. I carry all my weight in my lower belly. It hurt and happened almsot 7 yrs ago, but I still remember it.
    Around Christmas this past year (2012), I was 122lbs & someone in my husband's family told me I was never gonna lose my 'fat belly' :( Needless to say, I didn't eat the Christmas dinner we were having that day with them. Funny thing, I was MUCH smaller than everyone else at that get together. But I still do have a belly, even now at 119lbs, sucks. Trying to work on lowering my BF% to get rid of it.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that some people are so hurtful. Most of them do it on purpose....because of their own insecurities. I hope no-one loses weight because of ANY of those comments. We must all strive to eat healthfully and be fit for our own health and well-being. Being thin doesn't make a person attractive or happy. Even the most "beautiful" people can be insecure (sometimes more than most people). Their self-worth is often completely wrapped up in their appearance and the slightest blemish (zit, bad hair day, bloat, etc.) are 911 emergencies because all of the positive attention they get is related to their looks. I don't ever want to be that person...no matter how thin they are.

Thin people probably get as many negative comments as heave people. I was SUPER skinny as a younger person and well into adulthood. I had an unusually high metabolism until I had my thyroid removed due to tumors. Now I struggle with my weight like a "normal" person. When I was thin, people always chastised me (hated me). Girls were especially mean. Twice when I started a new job, I was ostracized by the female co-workers and harassed by the males.

Bottom line is....love yourself, do what you can to be healthy and ENJOY LIFE before it's gone! Don't waste your life wishing you were someone else. Believing that you must look a certain way in order to be happy and valuable.

If you could only be thin OR happy...which would you chose? Much love to EVERYONE!
  • ellasanvictores
    ellasanvictores Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ...that I look pregnant with my big tummy (true! I look 6 months pregnant - i saw the photo that showed the hard evidence). ouch!
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    - Nice Tits - ....I'm male -_-

OH and my friends mother hugged me once and said "Oooh he's so comfy....like a waterbed"

Step Brother use to call me 'Godzilla Titties' <--- pretty soul crushing but **** it makes me laugh now
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the worst things said about my weight have been said BY me in my own head. :grumble:

I have to say this too. I say horrible things about myself.

If I have to pick something else it would be people telling me I cant do this. That I will always be this way.
  • CuddlyIrish
    CuddlyIrish Posts: 149
    Options
    2 men walked passed me one day and I over heard "imagine having to wake up next to that fat ***** every day".........still feel sad thinking of it
  • l0seme
    l0seme Posts: 6
    Options
    My grandpa once told me I should start wearing a corset to keep my fat stomach in.

I was about 11 at the time.
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The worst thing ever said about my weight, in my hearing... it's a tossup.

Candidate #1 would be the fat jerk who saw me walking home from the bank when I was seven months pregnant (and still below my pre-preg weight because I'd been so sick the first trimester) and commented that some people should consider investing in muu-muus. He was my height (5'3"ish) and had at least fifty pounds on me, if not more. I whipped around and said "Excuse me? Buster, there is a human being cooking in there. What's your excuse, a thyroid deficiency??" He had the grace to look ashamed of himself.

Candidate #2 would be my father, when he saw my senior pictures, the first professional photos I'd ever had taken just for me. "Meh... a little too Ruben-esque for my tastes." For those not into old Dutch Masters, Rubens was a painter who favored full-figured models, and he painted them faithfully, with their love handles, soft breasts, and cellulite intact. Knowing what I know now, I'm much more appreciative of my appearance, but at the time I was devastated. Of course, I was also 17 and didn't click to the fact that he was blatantly sexualizing his teenage daughter.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    2 men walked passed me one day and I over heard "imagine having to wake up next to that fat ***** every day".........still feel sad thinking of it
    What a pack of *kitten*!! I'd be stoked to wake up next to a lady like yourself ^_^
  • travelgal59
    travelgal59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've been told i looked pregnant(i said just fat thank goodness). Also told that the person was surprised as hard as i worked that my butt and thighs were as big as they were. I've also had ppl surprised at my ability at sports because i was so fat....actually told once "i didn't expect you to play wally ball so well because you are heavy"...this was at a fat camp! Have had several guys tell me they would date me if i were thinner. Of course i didn't want to date them.
  • CuddlyIrish
    CuddlyIrish Posts: 149
    Options
    What a pack of *kitten*!! I'd be stoked to wake up next to a lady like yourself ^_^

Have I told you how adorable you are??? Lol
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    This thread just makes me sad. I can't believe people say these things...wow. :(
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Worst I've had is what i thought myself is i will finally be pretty when I've lost weight

some of things people say is sick and seriously need some help!
  • jacquelinesouth
    Options
    Never, apart from when ejecting youth from library premises and called me a 'Rhino'. i laughed and said at least I can do something about that unlike you and indicated hand jester to his face lol he was quite speechless.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was in a department store at around my heaviest weight (215 lbs) and was waiting on an elevator, there were a couple beside me and the very petite lady was about 6 months pregnant with a cute little bump.

They were joking about with each other and when the elevator came the guy jokingly said to the people in the elevator 'make way everyone, fat lady coming in' meaning his wife, who gasped, hit him over the head and said 'Oh My God, sssh, that lady (gesturing to me) will think you're talking about her'. They snickered and laughed, as did several other people. I had 4 floors to get through with the pair of them snickering and laughing and making such a big deal of saying 'Oh my god, I can't believe you said that haha' instead of just letting it go. :( I got out the elevator with tears falling, I know they weren't initially talking about me, but they had to keep it going, laughing and snickering the whole time, I just thought that was cruel.