I shot the sheriff (smoking pot/fitness, can you do it?)

Options

Replies

• tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    i think joe rogan is a douche.

How dare you!

i know, i know. i knew it wouldn't be a popular opinion when i said it. lol. i watch mma taped and i fast forward through him.

"He's rocked!!" Haha....I listen to his podcast all the time. I like it.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    eddie-bravo_zps9aff5757.jpg

Eddie Bravo, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, and Joe Rogan, both black belts. They publicly talk about how they blaze before training, and how it helps them focus.

Yea, and I've had co-workers swear that coke makes them perform better too, all the while spouting nonsense and sounding like complete idiots. I think the affect on perception ought to at least be considered here.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I think it's stupid to take ANY drugs if you're concerned about your health and fitness.
  • tigerblood78
    Options

Eddie Bravo, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, and Joe Rogan, both black belts. They publicly talk about how they blaze before training, and how it helps them focus.

Yea, and I've had co-workers swear that coke makes them perform better too, all the while spouting nonsense and sounding like complete idiots. I think the affect on perception ought to at least be considered here.
    Well there's the difference. You just said your coworkers act like idiots. These guys are performing at top level.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, I did well when I moved to WA. You know we also have the highest minimum wage, and Boeing, Amazon, Starbucks, Microsoft.....shall I go on?

Come visit, please don't move here. Traffic sux.

p.s. There's always alternate ingestion methods.....js. :smokin:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I don't smoke weed (cigarettes, yes) but my 15 year old brother does. I make him take DIM because marijuana raises your estrogen.
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I haven't smoked for a few years but I was a daily smoker for about 15 years. I was much more active when I smoked so it's definitely possible. I'd smoke, grab my iPod and go bike riding or roller skating. I actually gained my weight after quitting. I do know it's different for everyone, I have friends that won't get off the couch.

^^^THIS^^^
    gained weight when I stopped smoking. Use to weigh 45 lbs less.
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

Well there's the difference. You just said your coworkers act like idiots. These guys are performing at top level.

My coworkers were some of the best in the business. The point is just because someone is very good and has the perception the drugs make them better, doesn't make it so.
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was actually 240lbs before I STARTED smoking weed
    Ive been smoking weed almost everyday now for the past 5 years (B.C. BABY!!!!)

I <3 My RooR

Anyone can go look at my transformation lol speaks for itself.

If your gonna be a lazy pig, your going to be a lazy pig.
    Its called Self control.

I thank weed for alot of things. mentally, emotionally and physically

However, everybody is different. !!!

this guy knows whats up!
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who does it every day of the week. He says it helps him sleep... it makes me paranoid so I avoid it. But he's in extremely good shape and works out all the time. He doesn't keep any bad food in his house so he doesn't have anything bad to get the munchies on. I don't really see a problem with it as long as you can control yourself... oh and not get lung cancer *cough* *cough*
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Stoned Yoga=much easier. Jussayin'.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I think it's stupid to take ANY drugs if you're concerned about your health and fitness.

I agree! I never had the need to smoke anything or take drugs to feel better or high.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Based on an informal survey of recent posts on a certain fitness-oriented forum, regular marijuana usage has been shown to make people incredibly defensive.

Hahahahahaha
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    IBTL
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My hubbie's BJJ/MMA coach is a massive pothead... I don't think its ideal, but he's still a long way ahead of most people in terms of fitness and performance... general health? ummm thats another story, he has one hell of a cough...
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    this thread will probably be deleted, but,

first i vaporize, so no smoke, second i only have good for you munchies around the house, third i can control myself even with the munchies, fourth i do exercise blitzed, well not blitzed, but defiantly stoned. not all the time, but every once and while, its kind of fun.

not everyone can partake and still stay on the wagon, but thats no reason to judge.

it has great medicinal qualities that i could not have a happy life with out.

I've gotta second this. I wouldn't smoke anything but vaporizing is a different animal. It does take discipline to not overeat. I wouldn't suggest it for everyone but occasional use works great for me. My pic is a before, my current fitness level is in line with my goals.

As far as actually working out on it, I do it from time to time, the workouts go ok but let's just say they don't produce personal bests.
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

Now this I could see! But combat sports? I'm afraid they'd hug it out.
  • tigerblood78
    Options

Now this I could see! But combat sports? I'm afraid they'd hug it out.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--dana-white-fearful-increased-drug-testing-positive-marijuana-tests-023723557.html

Dana says he thinks 400 of his 475 fighters would fail a drug test because of marijuana. They still find a way to mix it up.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who does it every day of the week. He says it helps him sleep... it makes me paranoid so I avoid it. But he's in extremely good shape and works out all the time. He doesn't keep any bad food in his house so he doesn't have anything bad to get the munchies on. I don't really see a problem with it as long as you can control yourself... oh and not get lung cancer *cough* *cough*

the sad fact is, if you breathe outside, you might get lung cancer.
  • Infauna
    Infauna Posts: 89
    Options
    It doesn't really affect or hinder my fitness. In the past when I've smoked I felt more relaxed but I didn't feel lazy. I don't think I'd smoke and then try to work out.. Smoke and go for a long walk, though? Definitely! Sometimes it's made me really hungry but it's not that hard to ignore it or keep it under control by keeping lower calorie snacks around like veggies, fruits, etc.
This discussion has been closed.