Senior Golden Sneakers ~~~March~~~Welcome all young and old

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    It is to get to 75 tomorrow. The warmest it has been in a long long time. Jerry got me some turnips planted the other day. Some of our spring flowers are blooming.. So spring is surly here. So nice we had rain today and rather chilly.

I have learn to scan pictures now. Boy I never knew that the thing computer has change our lives. I never knew I would have friends all over the world either. Thats what is really nice. To have you all together here. You are just like family.

It looks like to me Gayla all of your pistures are still there. That Salad made me real hungry for a nice salad.

I will have Neil in my Prayers. He seems to be a pretty brave boy. Keep us inform when you have a chance.
    tell Neil I love him.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sure enough the sun is shinning. all ready ffor w wonderful day.
    Hope you all do to, Jerry and Sammy is still in bed. They were up late last night.

See you g uys later

Marie
  • viliberty
    viliberty Posts: 74
    Options
    I will be gone for a week or so. Broken pipes in our house in Oregon. I may or may not have access to a computer. If I do, I will check in. If not, I'll see you all when I return. Irene
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi all - sorry i don't have time to write to everyone.

Jeffrey - i can tell something bad is going on - hang in there buddy. You're in my thoughts. I'm glad you have your exercise - i so believe in it to get us through the tough times.

Marie - omg - the picture of you and Jerry - i absolubely LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

Viliberty - sorry about the busted pipes - always a drag! Hope you can get them repaired without too much headache!

Sandy - thank you for the encouragement. I seem to be in a better space right now. Katie and i have done hot yoga together a couple times and we're going again tonight so that's helpful! Also i seem to be getting my eating under better control!

Having fun thinking about/planning for both the baby (Aug) and the wedding (Oct)! I am SO blessed.

Love you all - have a great day!

elli
  • elli
    Options
    p.s. - Gayla! I love the picture on the beach!!!!!!!!!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Today was my card day ( I won $2 ) and then we went to lunch were I had strip steak and rice. :drinker: I am trying to get some energy to go ride the bike to get some of these calories burnt off so I hope that happens soon. :blushing:

Tomorrow is my 68th Birthday and I am starting the day with a haircut, then to lunch with my sister before going to bingo tomorrow night. :love: Saturday we are going to a St. Paddy party so the celebrations are happening all week. :laugh:

Monday - Thursday I pick up Bryanna and take her to drivers ed and then from there I take her to dance so I am one busy lady. :laugh: Keeps me young and active so I am not complaining. :smile:

Hope Neil is doing well after his surgery today and the rest of you are healthy. Jeffrey, you and your family are in our thoughts.

Have a good evening,
    Sandy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Gayla, Thanks for all your efforts and your great pictures of your family and the cruise. I hope Neil did well with his surgery today.

:flowerforyou: Marie, thanks for the picture of "young love"

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey, I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles in your family. Hang in there

:flowerforyou: Sandy, Happy Birthday......I hope you can enjoy your treats with no damage to your waistline.

:flowerforyou: Elli, you are so blessed to have such great things happening in your life.

:flowerforyou: Irene, sorry to hear about the broken pipes.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: we are so far behind that we just finished watching the Olympics Closing Ceremony:laugh: :laugh: Gayla was right about all the stuff you have to do when you come back from a trip.......the pile on the table is overwhelming.

:flowerforyou: When I picked up the cats today they were so happy to see me and I was honored until we got home and they raced for the back door to go out----they missed their yard, not me:laugh: .........the dogs did miss me but they also missed the dog park and were glad that I took them there today.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, I'm sure your desk is even more challenging than mine since you've been sick for so long
    just take it one paper at a time and sooner or later you'll get to the bottom.

:flowerforyou: It was good to get back to normal home cooked food today......I didn't walk too many steps but I got over 60 minutes on the exercise bike, maybe that's why I haven't made much progress on the paper pile:laugh:
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: Time for bed:yawn: :heart: hugs:heart: Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    scan0001.jpg

71e87633d5025122.jpg

Happy Birthday to me, I am 68 and proud of it!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    scan0001.jpg

71e87633d5025122.jpg

Happy Birthday to me, I am 68 and proud of it!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You should be!!! :flowerforyou: What a cute baby!!!:love:

BTW I lost another lb. Can't believe it as I haven't been perfect on the food and haven't exercised!
    But I drink TONS of water!!!
    BirdieM:heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE ENJOYING IT.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love your baby Pictures/

:heart: :heart: marie:heart::heart:
  • elli
    Options
    Sandy! Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!!!! :heart: :drinker: I love your baby picture!!!!!!!!! You SHOULD be proud of being 68! You sure don't look it! I think you're right - all the stuff you do with Bryanna is keeping you young young young!!!!!! I always think of you and i as being the same age! Today my son turns 28!

Birdie - hope you're feeling good now! I've been plagued with this headache/nausea thing for 4 days now......i hope it goes away SOON! I hope you and Barbie are both getting to the bottom of your piles. I have them and i haven't gone anywhere!!!!!!!

So far i'm having a good week - made it to the gym yesterday after work and i've been staying under my calories. I'm managing to stay OUT of the kitchen after supper and that's a huge challenge for me::embarassed: Of course, not feeling that well probably helps me to NOT want to eat, although i seem to briefly feel better after a meal. Who knows!!!!!!!1:noway:

Everybody have a great wednesday!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Sandy-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:drinker: :drinker:

Marie--

That was a great pic of you and Jerry.

Jeffrey--

Thinking of you and your family. Hope things improve At least you got to see your daughter for a bit.

Elli--

Get well soon.

Welcome back Barbie and Jake.

Irene--

I hope you can deal with those pipes without it becoming a costly nightmare.

I have been home the last two days because I have a respiratory infection that has stolen my voice. It is difficult to be effective with customers on the phone when you sound like a cross between Kermit the Frog and an obscene phone caller.:noway: :laugh:

I went to the doctor today, and it appears this will just have to run its course. At least it is not strep.

Well, I have to go and deal with some restless doggies. The sun is out for the moment and they didn't get a walk yesterday, so if we don't go out this afternoon, I will be paying for it tonight at bedtime, which they will mistake for "playtime."

See you later.

Barb.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Sandy,
    Happy Birthday :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: That's a darling picture......I know you found a great way to celebrate.

:flowerforyou: Barb, I hope you're feeling better. Jake and I are at the end of a cold that has coughing as it's major symptom.

My paper pile has gotten smaller thanks to two hours of hard work. Now I have to call my cousin.....I'll ride the exercise bike while I talk to her.
    hugs:heart::heart: Barbie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Neil is doing very well. He is having a little more pain tonight after banging his foot into the wheelchair, not super hard but enough to hurt a foot that has a whole lot of metal pins sticking out of it! Each toe has a pin sticking out of it. He is in very good spirits in spite of the discomfort. He did ask today when he would be going home and I assured him the Dr. would tell us when it was time. The days are long sitting there but I feel he gets better care when I am there. He doesn't think to ask for new ice packs or pain meds so that becomes my job. I don't want to see him with a bunch of cast blisters from swelling. The staff are really quite attentive but they just need a reminder now and then.

Thanks for thinking of Neil. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Gayla-

Glad to hear Neil is on the mend. We are all thinking of you and Neil, and the rest of your family.

Barb
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning folks. the weather is just great this Thursday morning.

Just dropping in to wish you all a happy day. Get out and enjoy the sunshine.

:heart: Marie
  • elli
    Options
    g'morning everyone!

Gayla - wow, sounds like such a huge surgery with all those pins sticking out everywhere! I hope Neil had a good night. Hopefully he WILL get to go home soon. I'm sure you both have had enough of the hospital!

Barb - sorry to hear you're sounding like Kermit/obscene caller! But like you said at least it's not strep or something scary! Hope your little dudes (and girl!) let you sleep!

I think i'm better this morning - not as nauseaus. I'm going to attempt yoga tonight. I did make it to the gym again yesterday after a walk with the dogs. so that's 3 days in a row getting either yoga or gym in. The scale moves SO slowly. My new strategy, once i get back to 115 is from NOW on - if i get up to 120 i'll get right back "on" a program. This time i waited 'till 125 and it's just KILLER!!!!!!!! I WILL get this weight thing figured out before i die!:laugh:

Take care everyone, have a good day!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Thank you for all the birthday wishes, it was a fun day!! I won two games at bingo, $11 each for $22. :happy: Lunch with my sister was wonderful, we don't see each other enough so I really like when we are together. :heart: I got on the scale today and my weight is the same, so hopefully no damage has been done. :bigsmile:

Gayla, glad Neil's surgery went well, will he have to do any type of rehab? Give him a hug from us and tell him we wish him a speedy recovery. :flowerforyou:

Birdie, congratulations on losing another pound, sometimes even though we don't think we are watching our calories it becomes habit and we really are watching what we eat. What ever the reason, good job!!

Elii, glad you are feeling better, do you think it was a bug or are you having some stomach issues? Didn't you just go for an exam? How is you DIL feeling, maybe you are having sympathy morning sickness. :laugh:

Marie, glad you are having good weather, we finally warmed up but now it is raining and that makes for a long day with Daisy. :ohwell:

Barbie, you keep yourself busy with all that you do, take some time for yourself. Is your weather good for the dog park?

Barb, hope your throat gets better soon, I would love to hear that kermit impression. :laugh:

Praying that Jeffrey, Day and family are handling their tough days.

Meeting today, then Bryanna and finally a night at home to relax. Have a good day everyone.

Sandy
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Sandy--

To answer your request "ribbit ribbit" (That was my Kermit impression) I still sound lousy, but I am at least going to try to go to work. May not last the day, though.

Elli--

Good things take time, so keep at it, and eventually, you will see a payoff to your hard work.

Jeffrey--

Hope you and your family are getting through your tough time. Thinking of you.

Marie--

Send some of that sunshine up here!! We are supposed to have continuous rain for the next two days.:grumble: :sad:

Gayla--

Keep us posted on Neil's progress.

To everyone else, have a good rest of the week.

Barb
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Elli glad you're feeling better.:flowerforyou:

Barb hang in there. Yesterday was the first day I felt like myself after 2 1/2 weeks! My doctor didn't want to give me any medication because, as you said, it needs to run its course. I hope you get rid of yours quicker than I did. (I also sounded funny. My grandson thought I was someone else on the phone.:laugh: He thought it was hilarious that memere sounded like a man with a deep voice!!:laugh: )

Still thinking of you Jeffrey, Sending prayers and hugs!

Yesterday, someone brought the office a 3 lb box of chocolates (Sweenor's Chocolates, :tongue: they're a local specialty). It didn't bother me, but for some reason I just HAD TO look at them!:laugh: :laugh: Now why would someone make a chocolate with coconut!!! OMG I love coconut. Well, the chocolate is not there today to tempt me!!!:laugh:

Also, my daughter has some exercise equipment (Infinity III) in her room. You know ...a huge piece of equipment that has 2 seats where you can lift weights from above, under for your legs and the other seat for crunching the upper body (hanging boobs):laugh: Well I did sets of 10 of each, which may not sound that great but at least it's a start. I'm really new to this so I want to start slowly. My skin feels so loose and looks so wrinkled since I've lost weight that I'm hoping weight lifting can do some toning. Also, I did the treadmill for 30 min. So, I'm finally starting to feel strong, but I don't want to overdo it!

Jackie, love the posts! And welcome to others from across the pond!:laugh:

Barbie, Marie and everyone else greetings!!! Have a great day!:flowerforyou:
    BirdieM:heart: