Lost 100 pounds in 6 months... many progress pics!

Options

Replies

• MeriLeMay
    MeriLeMay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great success story Tyler. Thanks for posting - you look great and must feel awesome! Started counting calories this week and think it is the way for me to go, your story just confirmed it for me. As for the trampoline, that is freaking awesome! I had one growing up as did my children and they are fun. Always be a kid at heart - no judging from me!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler, I enjoyed your post. I have a very long road ahead of me and it s inspirational to know that it can be done. And that it can be done with everyday foods. Thanks!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Congrats my fellow Carolinian! Thanks for proving simple methods DO work!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Tyler's book is called 344 Pounds: How I Lost 125 Pounds by Counting Calories.
  • shyam3001
    Options
    Man I just became a "religious" follower of you!! Show me the way....................................................
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Very inspirational.
  • tyler
    tyler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler, I enjoyed your post. I have a very long road ahead of me and it s inspirational to know that it can be done. And that it can be done with everyday foods. Thanks!

It ABSOLUTELY can be done with "everyday" foods. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise! :)
  • tyler
    Options
    The Huffington Post just published my weight loss story. SO exciting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/i-lost-weight-shawn-tyler-weeks_n_2426021.html
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    The Huffington Post just published my weight loss story. SO exciting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/07/i-lost-weight-shawn-tyler-weeks_n_2426021.html

Awesome! Congratulations!
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, this is so wild, I was literally JUST reading your story on AOL!

It's so weird that I would stumble onto this post HERE! So great to read your story, and that "dieting" isn't a cuss word. It really is ALL about moderation. You don't have to starve yourself, or go to the gym 7 days a week, twice a day.

Thank you so much for reinforcing that fact, and good for you. You're a great inspiration!
  • DarkCrown
    Options
    Wow, well done. :)

You're an inspiration to people like me. I hope to achieve the same as you. (I'm just starting to turn my life around)

All the best!
  • tyler
    Options
    Oh my gosh, this is so wild, I was literally JUST reading your story on AOL!

It's so weird that I would stumble onto this post HERE! So great to read your story, and that "dieting" isn't a cuss word. It really is ALL about moderation. You don't have to starve yourself, or go to the gym 7 days a week, twice a day.

Thank you so much for reinforcing that fact, and good for you. You're a great inspiration!

Wow, you made me go look... you're right, I was on the homepage of AOL. Amazing, THANK YOU! :)
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed today!! Amazing job! I'm scrolling the topics for motivation. I've been on this journey on & off since before I got married almost 8 years ago. The thing that helped the most was counting calories, but I made it part of my plan to not cut out the things I love, I think that would just make me miserable.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    um....wow. WOW!
  • tyler
    Options
    Just what I needed today!! Amazing job! I'm scrolling the topics for motivation. I've been on this journey on & off since before I got married almost 8 years ago. The thing that helped the most was counting calories, but I made it part of my plan to not cut out the things I love, I think that would just make me miserable.

It DOES make you miserable! Like so many, I thought cutting out the "bad" food would help me get closer to my goals -- it only pushed my further away. When I said I couldn't eat something, I craved it even MORE!

Only when I said, "Okay, I can have X, Y, Z food... just a little bit, though" was I successful... four years and counting.
  • tyler
    Options
    Wow, I was just contacted by CBS... they found me through my AOL link. I might be going out to film a show on February 8th! I will keep you guys posted!!!! :)
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love that you got a trampoline.... Movement is monement!
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    wow! what an inspiration! you look amazing! congrats and best wishes for the future! that's so awesome that you could be doing a show with CBS! definitely keep us posted!:bigsmile:
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am busy reading your book "How I lost 125 Pounds by COUNTING CALORIES" on Kindle.

I highly recommend it to EVERYONE!!!

A real eye-opener and I am now very happy following the COUNTING CALORIE way, including a hamburger once a week and a glass of wine with dinner every night :-)

Not stressing about WHAT I am eating or what my protein/starch/fat ratios are, and rather focusing on my calorie limit has set me free - free from trying to make myself seperate 'healthy' meals when cooking for my family...... free from eating a salad at lunch EVERY day.......... free from banning toast for breakfast............ My food regime is now ultra-simple.

I try to fit in as much salad, fruit and veggies as I can, and limit the starchy carbs, but I am not stressing about it.

Doing it this way, I will not be falling off the wagon any time soon ;-)

Congratulations on turning your life around and your amazing success - you are truly an inspiration!

And thank you so much for writing your book to help others like me.

Wishing you an amazing and wonderful 2013.

Danette
  • raisinette31
    raisinette31 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats to you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!