Anyone lost weight with the help of a Nutribullet?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...to learn more about this blender.
  • lms1220
    lms1220 Posts: 60
    Options
    I love mine! I wouldnt say its helped me lose weight but it definitley helps me get my recommended servings of fruits and vegetables in and gives me tons of energy! Ive been using mine 2x a day for 2 months and no problems thus far
  • Ellanueva
    Options
    Is it pretty powerful. My magic bullet often has difficulty properly blending "tough" items such as frozen bananas. Is the nutribullet worth the extra money?
  • jmarie0219
    Options
    Geez people I don't understand the sarcasm in these posts. The people who initially commented are probably long gone but I had to chime in. Unless you are lacking in brain function its pretty obvious the question was not "will the Nutribullet make me lose weight?" Come on. I found this blog by googling Nutribullet for losing weight because I am curious how to use it for that reason. How many times a day do you make a smoothie, what ingredients are best to put in, do you replace breakfast and lunch with a smoothie or just breakfast, if replacing both should you make one big smoothie or two? You know just a little advice on what works for others. Not
    "can I just lay on my butt, drinking smoothies all day and lose weight?" A calorie deficit and activity will do the trick?? NO WAY!!! Maybe a little advice on how to count those calories that are going into a smoothie instead of smartass comments:)
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    It's a great product, but I wouldn't depend on it for a huge loss. I lost my first 3lbs with it, but the rest I really had to change my way of eating and exercise more. I don't regret buying it though, because it works better than other blenders I've had.
    If you have a bed, bath and beyond in your area, buy it there and use the 20% off coupon. it was about $99 here before tax and coupon.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    Is it pretty powerful. My magic bullet often has difficulty properly blending "tough" items such as frozen bananas. Is the nutribullet worth the extra money?

It works great on frozen bananas- turns them into an ice cream consistency if you add a bit of water.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options

It works great on frozen bananas- turns them into an ice cream consistency if you add a bit of water.

Agree with this. I had a Magic Bullet that I thought was sufficient. Then my husband went on a fishing trip and stopped at a big brnad department store and felt guilty for the excessive spending in fishing gear so came home with a Nutribullet. To be honest I prefer the size of the Magic bullet but pull out the Nutribullet every so often for bigger smoothies or more frozen fruits. There's tons of recipes on here and online. Have I lost weighYes? But I also did 3 different things at the same time so not sure it was just because of juicing. I did a 30 day smoothie challege that was great. I felt a whole lot better. Good luck.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I bought a Cuisinart equivalent a few years ago, and it's been one of my favorite purchases. I was making drinks in a blender, and that was such a pain with a heavy glass pitcher that had to be washed in addition to my cup. (I know, not a big deal--but every morning!) And I also felt I was losing a lot of the actual drink since it stuck to the walls of the blender plus my cup.

After getting the Cuisinart, I held onto my blender in a closet for a year or so. After a year passed and I never used it again, I put it in my last garage sale!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    We just got one as a gift and I love how much easier it is to use over a blender. Less hassle and cleanup. So I am more apt to get in those healthy smoothies which will in effect help me lose weight =D

The sarcastic and rude comments are lame. I mean really? Grow up.
  • KoRnKraZy
    KoRnKraZy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We just got one and I love it!

SO EASY and the drink comes out smooth every time :)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    This is my favorite blender thread...

...ever.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I see this is really, really old, but isn't it just a blender?
  • rml_16
    Options
    We just got one as a gift and I love how much easier it is to use over a blender. Less hassle and cleanup. So I am more apt to get in those healthy smoothies which will in effect help me lose weight =D

What kind of blender do you have that's it's such a hassle and so much cleanup????
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    No, but I lost weight with the Silver Bullet Diet. Just drink a 24 pack of Coors Light over the span of a couple hours all while eating whatever you want. Guaranteed results since you'll either vomit or pass out. Hopefully both!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I love my nutri bullet. It has helped me lose weight because I can easily make a nutrient-dense, fiber-rich juice with it to have for a snack or for breakfast. It's much easier to quickly drink a juice filled with 3-4 servings of fruits and veggies than to attempt to eat that many daily. Sometimes I add protein powder. I do not recommend juicing for all of your meals though. Replacing snacks or a meal here and there with a nutri bullet juice is a much more feasible diet to maintain as a lifestyle.
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options

An easy way to clean any blender is to add soap and water to the container then blend them the same as if you were making a drink, etc. No hassle at all.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it to lose weight, but I use it to get my freshly squeezed orange juice after my cleanse... I plan on using it more in the future. But it makes juicing so quick!

14877786.png
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    A cheap Oster blender for about $20 works well. I'm thinking of spending the $8 or $9 to "upgrade" to the "fusion" blade which has good reviews on Amazon. Don't be taken in by the number of speeds the blender has. You are likely to only use "high" and "low" on a 16-speed blender.

I prefer a glass blender jar instead of a plastic one because it goes through the dishwasher well. Also, one where the blade is removable is preferable to the ones with the blade permanently in the bottom of the jar because they are easier to clean.

Replacement rubber gaskets and blade are cheap and easily found online. A simple, cheap Oster or Hamilton Beach blender will last for decades. I'm on my second blender; the first lasted 30 years.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

An easy way to clean any blender is to add soap and water to the container then blend them the same as if you were making a drink, etc. No hassle at all.

This works great for sealed, one-piece blenders (like a Vitamix). For more traditional blenders where the blade assembly is removable, you'll want to disassemble it for a more thorough cleaning occasionally, especially if you blend things that tend to grow...things.
    I prefer a glass blender jar instead of a plastic one because it goes through the dishwasher well. Also, one where the blade is removable is preferable to the ones with the blade permanently in the bottom of the jar because they are easier to clean.

You and I see this from two very different perspectives. I see the one-piece style as easier to clean as you simply blend the soapy water for a minute or two, rinse thoroughly and *poof* instantly cleaned.
  • rml_16
    Options

This works great for sealed, one-piece blenders (like a Vitamix). For more traditional blenders where the blade assembly is removable, you'll want to disassemble it for a more thorough cleaning occasionally, especially if you blend things that tend to grow...things.

I have a smoothie every night. I disassemble my blender and wash it every night. It takes about 10 seconds. I just don't get what's so difficult about that.

I've also put blenders through dishwashers more than once with no problems.
This discussion has been closed.