Anyone lost weight with the help of a Nutribullet?

Options
12346»

Replies

• candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    We just got one as a gift and I love how much easier it is to use over a blender. Less hassle and cleanup. So I am more apt to get in those healthy smoothies which will in effect help me lose weight =D

The sarcastic and rude comments are lame. I mean really? Grow up.

An easy way to clean any blender is to add soap and water to the container then blend them the same as if you were making a drink, etc. No hassle at all.

This works great for sealed, one-piece blenders (like a Vitamix). For more traditional blenders where the blade assembly is removable, you'll want to disassemble it for a more thorough cleaning occasionally, especially if you blend things that tend to grow...things.

I have a smoothie every night. I disassemble my blender and wash it every night. It takes about 10 seconds. I just don't get what's so difficult about that.

I've also put blenders through dishwashers more than once with no problems.

I can't stand disassembling mine and it definitely takes more than 10 seconds for it. Is it rocket science? No. Preference wise though I wind up using it a couple times a week were I find the nutribullet, smaller, works better than my old blender and the whole process start to finish is faster. If people like their blenders that's great. I don't care. It is whatever works for people.
  • candycaneps
    Options
    No, but I lost weight with the Silver Bullet Diet. Just drink a 24 pack of Coors Light over the span of a couple hours all while eating whatever you want. Guaranteed results since you'll either vomit or pass out. Hopefully both!

A great example of the childishness floating around.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I can't stand disassembling mine and it definitely takes more than 10 seconds for it.

You must be related to the woman who needs 30 minutes just to wash her hair.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I can't stand disassembling mine and it definitely takes more than 10 seconds for it.

or the "it takes me 45... 55 minutes to log my food" OP from wherever.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Maybe they're all the same person ....

*mind blown*
  • candycaneps
    Options

No and No.

Why are you guys being so rude?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

No and No.

Rude? I'm trying to have a little fun here. This thread, at its very core, is just ridiculous to start with. The fact that it keeps getting bumped is even crazier. It'll die out for a month, then someone pops in and comments again.
    No one has ever lost weight because they owned a nutribullet. It's the same argument as "forks made me fat!"

You've been here longer than a lot of folks, maybe you should spend a little more time on the forum and take them a little less literally. The whole comment about the OP that couldn't figure out how to log their food... well, that's another thread that's out there now.

Take a deep breath and just .. well.. take a deep breath. It's the internet. It's not really serious business.

PickFlowersIcon.jpg

here... so you know I mean no harm.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    start small with the magic bullet to see if you would actually use it. I do have one of those, and it has lasted years. I didn't help me lose weight but can come in handy to make smoothies, protein shakes, etc.
  • candycaneps
    Options

No and No.

Rude? I'm trying to have a little fun here. This thread, at its very core, is just ridiculous to start with. The fact that it keeps getting bumped is even crazier. It'll die out for a month, then someone pops in and comments again.
    No one has ever lost weight because they owned a nutribullet. It's the same argument as "forks made me fat!"

You've been here longer than a lot of folks, maybe you should spend a little more time on the forum and take them a little less literally. The whole comment about the OP that couldn't figure out how to log their food... well, that's another thread that's out there now.

Take a deep breath and just .. well.. take a deep breath. It's the internet. It's not really serious business.

PickFlowersIcon.jpg

here... so you know I mean no harm.

Don't try to woo me with your pretty unicorn ;)

See what I think is crazy is that people actually think this thread is about the nutribullet itself would make them lose weight. If I or anyone else could simply just buy weight loss, we wouldn't be here would we? Those of us that aren't full of snark can see that the person was just asking if the nutribullet is worth it. Just like one may wonder if a vitamix is worth it. No object is going to make you lose weight, but using a blender of SOME sort to help get fruits and vegetables may aid someone on their weight loss journey if they are pairing it with healthy eating. We all know this, so the continual snark and rude, stupid comments is what gets me. How about we be supportive instead?
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    HI!

I think you have a very valid question and think that all the smart a** comments should be ignored.
    I would hope that people you MFP could be more understanding and encouraging. Ignore all the snide remarks.

As for the Nutribullet, I do have one, as well as a very expensive and large blender (a gift). When I use the Nutribullet it pulverizes anything I put in it. My blender leaves frozen fruit lumpy and constantly needs to be turned off while blending so that I can stir it and add more liquid to get it going again.

The Nutribullet comes with a few pieces that don't take up much space either. It is much easier to clean and fits nicely into a basket I can leave on my countertop and easily store when I am not using it.

As for losing weight, I use it as a way to get in more veggies, fruit and fiber taking into account all the calories and nutritional value while journaling. It definitley fills you up and has provided me with more energy and controls my appetite for binging. The losing weight part will come when you journal, follow MFP guidelines for food intake and exercise.

If you are looking for an opinion on this product and you are thinking you would like to start doing smoothies and juices, it is a very convenient product.

Don't put all you hope for weight loss into one "idea". Follow MFP, do your shakes, eat clean and exercise. Little by little change happens.

Good luck and I would hope more encouraging posts come your way.

I agree with this comment. I had purchased the expensive blender but when my son told me about his Nutribullet, I bought one tired it and promptly returned the big, expensive one and have used the NB for a year. I bought it to help get in more fruit and veggies, not weight loss. I do believe it grinds food up Fine enough that it is made more readily available for our bodies to use.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Don't try to woo me with your pretty unicorn ;)

See what I think is crazy is that people actually think this thread is about the nutribullet itself would make them lose weight. If I or anyone else could simply just buy weight loss, we wouldn't be here would we? Those of us that aren't full of snark can see that the person was just asking if the nutribullet is worth it. Just like one may wonder if a vitamix is worth it. No object is going to make you lose weight, but using a blender of SOME sort to help get fruits and vegetables may aid someone on their weight loss journey if they are pairing it with healthy eating. We all know this, so the continual snark and rude, stupid comments is what gets me. How about we be supportive instead?
    [/quote]

Yep, that is what I had meant when I started this thread all those months ago :) TBH, I don't even check this thread anymore. I got the answers I needed and moved :) Not sure why it keeps getting bumped up.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Closed at the request of the OP.
This discussion has been closed.