Fifty plus (or so) support group

Options

Replies

• butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    scottA216 wrote: »
    Please add me to the group, I can use any suport I can get. I am 52 and was at 348 Lbs in January. I have made it down to 301 almost to my intial goal of 298 by the end of April. The weight loss has gotten slower lately which makes it harder to stay motivated but as long as the number goes down on the scale each week instead of up I tell myself I am doing good. I have about another 75 Lbs to loose to get to my long term Goal of 225Lbs.

Awesome job!! Continue your journey. This is a great group for help and motivation. Welcome
  • blissfullychaotic
    blissfullychaotic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 67 more pounds to go and taking it slow. My husband on the other hand has lost twice as much as me. It makes it hard but I want to be sure and cheer him on! I have lost 10 pounds over the past three months which seems so slow but I have done it responsibly. I still go out to eat, I still have beer and wine but I walk at least three miles a day and skip the nightly snacks. I have also given up soda. I am 43 years old and I can't blame it on baby weight since they are almost all in college now. Looking for supportive people to laugh with and motivate as we go!
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Men always lose faster...it is frustrating! You are on the right track!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    cranor130 wrote: »
    Men always lose faster...it is frustrating! You are on the right track!

Ditto! Men! Ugh :). Welcome
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! The warm weather is gone and it's back down in the 30's. Ugh! I always find it interesting how some men lose weight faster. My husband is not one of the fortunate ones. He has a bad back which limits his mobility and most of his weight loss comes from lower intake of calories.

My nails look great!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    SuzyH wrote: »
    Happy Friday! The warm weather is gone and it's back down in the 30's. Ugh! I always find it interesting how some men lose weight faster. My husband is not one of the fortunate ones. He has a bad back which limits his mobility and most of his weight loss comes from lower intake of calories.

My nails look great!

Same weather here! It was so nice and now it's freezing.
    Glad the nails turned out! Don, how did yours turn out? :wink:
  • auntannette1
    auntannette1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    scottA216 wrote: »
    Please add me to the group, I can use any suport I can get. I am 52 and was at 348 Lbs in January. I have made it down to 301 almost to my intial goal of 298 by the end of April. The weight loss has gotten slower lately which makes it harder to stay motivated but as long as the number goes down on the scale each week instead of up I tell myself I am doing good. I have about another 75 Lbs to loose to get to my long term Goal of 225Lbs.
    Great job so far. You can do it.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Glad the nails turned out! ... how did yours turn out? :wink:

Heck, I did my toenails & logged the aerobic attempts as "touching toes previously concealed by fat" :lol:

Don ? Did'ja?

• PegJens
    PegJens Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Heck, I did my toenails & logged the aerobic attempts as "touching toes previously concealed by fat" :lol:

Don ? Did'ja?
    Lol.......totally would understand doing something like this since some days it is hard to reach those toes!

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 55 soon to be 56 on May 3. I've been on MFP about a month and a few days. So far, I've lost 13 lbs. I have about 50 more to go. I'm so excited to finally taking my health seriously. I'm diabetic and just with this weight loss, my MD took me off insulin!! I'm psyched. I love the support here and all the suggestions and pictures give me so much motivation. I'm looking forward to giving support to others and making friends here.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello Jules and welcome to the group. 13 pounds is a great weight loss for just one month, keep up the good work.

Cute profile picture, is it your cat?
  • aceangeldeb
    aceangeldeb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 52...although I certainly don't feel it! Please add me! Time to get our Sexy Back!! <3
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers!
  • aceangeldeb
    aceangeldeb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you @beachgal0626!! This logging thing is the way to go! Loving this! <3
  • SuzyH
    Options
    You all make me smile! So, from what I understand from all of you is if I put nail polish on each of my toe nails while laying on my back, I could log it in MFP as ten sit-ups, right?!! Awesome!

On another note, my taste buds are making progress! I always taste anything I bring to someone else's house b Yesterday I had to make a desert and a salad to bring to our Easter celebration. Tasted the desert and although it was good, it didn't really do anything for me. (Not a "good" food - very sweet, chocolate, etc.). Then made an amazing salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, parsley with vinegar & oil dressing) and it totally rocked! I'm gong to have to make that one again and have it for a meal!
  • SuzyH
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 55 soon to be 56 on May 3. I've been on MFP about a month and a few days. So far, I've lost 13 lbs. I have about 50 more to go. I'm so excited to finally taking my health seriously. I'm diabetic and just with this weight loss, my MD took me off insulin!! I'm psyched. I love the support here and all the suggestions and pictures give me so much motivation. I'm looking forward to giving support to others and making friends here.

Way to go! Getting off of insulin in MAJOR! And 13 pounds is fantastic! Welcome to the group, and hope go get to know you better!
  • butbygrace206
    Options

Don ? Did'ja?

I literally laughed out loud !
  • butbygrace206
    Options

Hi Jules, awesome loss in just a month! So glad your sugar is now under control without meds
    This group is very supportive Welcome
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    SuzyH wrote: »
    You all make me smile! So, from what I understand from all of you is if I put nail polish on each of my toe nails while laying on my back, I could log it in MFP as ten sit-ups, right?!! Awesome!

On another note, my taste buds are making progress! I always taste anything I bring to someone else's house b Yesterday I had to make a desert and a salad to bring to our Easter celebration. Tasted the desert and although it was good, it didn't really do anything for me. (Not a "good" food - very sweet, chocolate, etc.). Then made an amazing salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, parsley with vinegar & oil dressing) and it totally rocked! I'm gong to have to make that one again and have it for a meal!

Oooo, better yet, leg raises! Yes, raise your leg, then reach up and paint ( real fast ). Then, you are doing sit ups and leg raises. Yes!! Burn them calories. Lol
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    I'm almost 52...although I certainly don't feel it! Please add me! Time to get our Sexy Back!! <3

Welcome. I'm 56 and can't believe I'm that "old" :)