Fifty plus (or so) support group

Options

Replies

• butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    PegJens wrote: »
    Success isn't overnight. It's when everyday you get a little better than the day before!

This is awesome!! Made me smile :smiley:
  • angelamurphy1978
    angelamurphy1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined...need to lose 60 to be at a more ideal weight. I battle depression and anxiety so I do comfort eat :-( Going to try really hard to change my habits so that I am healthy and will be around for my kids and future grand kids.
  • retiree10
    retiree10 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a 66 year old female, and I live in Central Texas. I usually start the day out good, but falter by the end of the day. My only exercise at this time is counting steps with my Vivofit. I need all the support and motivation I can get. Also ideas for breakfast. I am getting tired of oatmeal or half a PBJ sandwich. I accept friend requests
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Welcome Angela and retiree. This is an awesome group. Keep active on here and ask questions or just post.

Some breakfast ideas, omlet in a cup: Spray the inside of a coffee cup, I use egg whites but you can use an egg, add to cup. Add any veggies ( mushrooms, green peppers ) and turkey sausage or turkey bacon ( already cooked). Microwave for a 1 1/2 min. Sprinkle on a little cheese and you have it :)

I love Kellogg fibre bars. I eat one of those and drink a glass ( 2 cups ) of lite almond milk. Total of 170 cal breakfast.

Wheat thin, 3 slices turkey bacon, tomato, lettuce sandwich. Less than 200 calories.

I don't have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast, so I sometimes eat leftovers.
    Chili, chicken breast with a boiled egg, turkey lunch meat etc.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    retiree10 wrote: »
    I am a 66 year old female, and I live in Central Texas. I usually start the day out good, but falter by the end of the day. My only exercise at this time is counting steps with my Vivofit. I need all the support and motivation I can get. Also ideas for breakfast. I am getting tired of oatmeal or half a PBJ sandwich. I accept friend requests

Ask me to be your friend, I will accept. I still have an issue figuring this friend thing out.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options

Ask me to be your friend, I will accept. I still have an issue figuring this friend thing out.

Donita -- click on to the person's profile name, and there should be a button to click that says "Add as a Friend". Then it gives you the option of writing a note with it. Hope that helps!
  • Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast since I don't care all that much for cereals, and eggs shouldn't be eaten before noon, is the following:
    1 medium banana...105 calories
    1 cup grapefruit segments...60 calories
    1 cup strawberries...50 calories
    5 oz. grapes...100 calories
    Total calories is 315 which isn't bad.

At least I can't think of eating eggs before noon.
  • butbygrace206
    Options

Donita -- click on to the person's profile name, and there should be a button to click that says "Add as a Friend". Then it gives you the option of writing a note with it. Hope that helps!

That was so easy !! I could not figure that out. Lol. Thanks so much.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Mick1127 wrote: »
    My favorite breakfast since I don't care all that much for cereals, and eggs shouldn't be eaten before noon, is the following:
    1 medium banana...105 calories
    1 cup grapefruit segments...60 calories
    1 cup strawberries...50 calories
    5 oz. grapes...100 calories
    Total calories is 315 which isn't bad.

At least I can't think of eating eggs before noon.

I was like, "What?!" I'm doing it all wrong, eating eggs before noon ?! :smile:
  • Mick1127
    Options

I was like, "What?!" I'm doing it all wrong, eating eggs before noon ?! :smile: [/quote]

Yeah, it has to do with actually having to look at an uncooked yolk. Yolk is a word synonymous with yuck. lol!!
  • butbygrace206
    Options

I was like, "What?!" I'm doing it all wrong, eating eggs before noon ?! :smile:

Yeah, it has to do with actually having to look at an uncooked yolk. Yolk is a word synonymous with yuck. lol!![/quote]

Funny! Actually, I have a food like that. Oysters. Can't stand to look at them, smell them, definitely not touch them.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I managed to drag the Lady Nuff to a conference while celebrating our 25th. Went way over cals for today, will attempt to get on track later, but not getting food from home/stores through Friday, then heading for a road trip through the weekend will make for a challenging week. Add to that I don't think I will be able to stay on track for the swimming plan and a sad Nuffer I will be.

Welcome to the new seasoned members!

NuffStuffed
  • Mick1127
    Options
    I tipped the scales at 185.0 this morning - down from 216.2 on 12/27/14. That is the same weight I was at when my wife and I married 31 years ago. My original target was 190; however, I am now shooting for 170. When I got out of boot camp in 1966 I weighed 169. I'll be amazed if I get there; but, I won't be disappointed if I don't. There is no question in my mind I am heading south of 180.
  • Mick1127
    Options
    Funny! Actually, I have a food like that. Oysters. Can't stand to look at them, smell them, definitely not touch them.
    Back in the early 1970s I worked with a gent that wanted to go to a particular restaurant every Tuesday for lunch for their special - blue point oysters. I've never understood how anyone can eat one of those slimy things. But, I'm the guy that thinks applesauce makes the perfect dip for EVERYTHING. Just last night it was my lower calorie alternative to cocktail sauce for the shrimp I boiled. So, what do I know about the culinary arts? Nothing!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    So excited! Today the scales were kind and gave me another1.5 pound loss officially putting me one whole pound into the normal BMI category :) 6.5 to go until I reach my goal weight (which unfortunately Mick for me is still10 pounds over the weight I was when I got married but I would look ridiculously thin at that weight now :s ) I haven't been my current weight for around15 years though so I am doing the happy dance <3

Tami
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    I managed to drag the Lady Nuff to a conference while celebrating our 25th. Went way over cals for today, will attempt to get on track later, but not getting food from home/stores through Friday, then heading for a road trip through the weekend will make for a challenging week. Add to that I don't think I will be able to stay on track for the swimming plan and a sad Nuffer I will be.

Welcome to the new seasoned members!

NuffStuffed

This is going to be me for the next 3 months :neutral:
    I began my long, long work days. Lunch and dinner will be mostly restaurant foods. But it can be done, and I will give it my best.
    I'm sure you will be back on the "healthy" road soon.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    I tipped the scales at 185.0 this morning - down from 216.2 on 12/27/14. That is the same weight I was at when my wife and I married 31 years ago. My original target was 190; however, I am now shooting for 170. When I got out of boot camp in 1966 I weighed 169. I'll be amazed if I get there; but, I won't be disappointed if I don't. There is no question in my mind I am heading south of 180.

Wow !! Awesome Mick (Don). Great accomplishment!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    So excited! Today the scales were kind and gave me another1.5 pound loss officially putting me one whole pound into the normal BMI category :) 6.5 to go until I reach my goal weight (which unfortunately Mick for me is still10 pounds over the weight I was when I got married but I would look ridiculously thin at that weight now :s ) I haven't been my current weight for around15 years though so I am doing the happy dance <3

Tami

Hey, my friend. Congrats! Amazing, I'm sure you are doing the happy dance :)
    Well done !
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Tami, be sure to log your happy-dance time! Well deserved indeed :):triumph:
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Tami, be sure to log your happy-dance time! Well deserved indeed :):triumph:

Hahaha.... I definitely should Stan B)