Fifty plus (or so) support group

Options

Replies

• butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    bkougias wrote: »
    55 and want to join. Need to loose about 100 pounds. Have lost 30 pounds in the last month and a half. Using jawbone to track activity. And myfitnesspal for food. Trying to take this in 10 pound increments instead of looking at the big number / too overwhelming. Have been successful so far by looking at ten pounds at a time.[/

Awesome success! Great way to look at it, 10 pounds at a time :)
    Great group here. We are also in the group Ceci posted a link too
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Would love to join. I am 55 with 50-55 pounds to lose.

Welcome!!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    MFP - Fifty plus (or so) Support Group

Just re-posting the link to the group!

Welcome everyone, head over to the group for more support.

I don't know how to post the link so I will just post your post :) ( did I say post enough ). Lol
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I don't know how to post the link so I will just post your post :) ( did I say post enough ). Lol

To post a link, click on the Link button above, paste your link in the box, and click "OK".
    l809j4r0bhd1.jpg
  • butbygrace206
    Options

To post a link, click on the Link button above, paste your link in the box, and click "OK".
    l809j4r0bhd1.jpg

Thank you !!!!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new. I'd like to hop in here somewhere, but I am a little confused...do I come to this thread here, or join one of the specific forums that are listed when you click on "Ceci's link" (a couple posts above)???? Where do I go to really participate with you--you seem like an encouraging, caring, kind group...which unfortunately seems hard to find on MFP!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Welcome kwfitgal!! Some folks write notes on here, but to join the actual group, click on to Ceci's link above (Fifty Plus (or so) Support Group). There should then be a green button that says "Join This Group", so click that and you should be good to go! If it doesn't work, i.e., my instructions are "faulty", post on here again (I'll be watching). B)
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks beachgal! I went ahead and joined on Ceci's link. Next question would be, how do I mark that place/page so I can "click" more directly to it, without always having to come back here and click on Ceci's link?? I'm still figuring out some of this navigation stuff! Thanks!!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    At the top of the MFP page, click "Community", then click "Groups" -- the group you joined should be listed, and you double click on it. Also, not directly related to the groups -- at the top right of the page are several symbols. Click the star to bookmark any discussion topics that you're interested in, and you will get notifications when a new comment is posted on that topic. Hope that makes sense?!?!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Thank you beachgal for your brains.... :smile:
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It's too quiet in here!

How was everyone's weekend? I had a pretty good one, got in a good swim, a brisk walk, and brought my elderly Swedish car out of storage.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm only 47 but I would love to join you all. I've definitely found that it's so much harder to lose weight at this age, than 10 years ago. and this past year, I started experiencing all kinds of aches and pains (plantar fasciitis, bad knees) that I thought would be waiting for me in my 60's. I look to all of you in your 50's and beyond, who are still managing to lose weight despite the challenges, for inspiration and ideas.

I need to lose about 50 lbs but would be happy just to lose 5 or 10 so that I could fit back into my work clothes. I lost about 30 lbs in 2013 and got all my clothes taken in, and have gained back 20. So now it's just a misery that everything is too tight and unflattering.

Thanks for the help!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Yes, jump on board ! For me, success began when I started logging everything that went into my mouth. After losing a few pounds, I began simple exercises. Now I do more, but I feel so much better.
    Great group here!!
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the group again for anyone wanting to join:

Fifty Plus (or So) Support Group
  • HappyTrails7
    Options
    Come one, come all, join the group, and have some fun, while getting healthy at the same time!
    Membership is a bargain at any price, but luckily it's free. :)

• LodaDesign
    LodaDesign Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mizefish wrote: »
    I'm 51 and would like to join. Male, Seattle area. Trying to get from 250 down to something that starts with a 1!
    I am not sure if anyone is here...but I am :) I am 51 and I am a food addict. Need to find support and maybe help someone else too

• HappyTrails7
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello LodaDesign!

I think you will find our group to be very friendly and supportive. Folks do post here, but we also have a group which contains a variety of threads which you may find helpful.

To check out the MFP group click the blue text below:
    Fifty plus (or so) Support Group
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    LodaDesign wrote: »
    I'm 51 and would like to join. Male, Seattle area. Trying to get from 250 down to something that starts with a 1!
    I am not sure if anyone is here...but I am :) I am 51 and I am a food addict. Need to find support and maybe help someone else too

Yes!! We are here. Jump aboard :)
  • JonathanP1962
    JonathanP1962 Posts: 111 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    hi I am 53 and have struggled with obesity and overweight most of my adult life. I am the local president of the yoyo club as I have lost and put on between 20 and 30 lbs regularly in the last 5 years. I know how to get it down but struggle to keep it there. I am currently just 5 lbs above my "lowest" weight since turning 40 which still puts me in the obese range on BMI. Id like to join and hope to motivate myself and others who have similar experiences.

:) spotted the link in happy trails post
  • misselly
    misselly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LodaDesign wrote: »

Yes!! We are here. Jump aboard :)

What program are you following?