How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options
How many times have you seen people go to the gym and work their *kitten* off... only to stop at Wendy's or Mcdonald's after their workouts. Come on people, your body wants clean food! Or how many times have you heard "I'm not seeing any results" I ask what they had to eat for lunch and they say "I had to run to Arbys because I didn't bring my lunch."

You are what you eat! Sorry just venting a little lol.

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've sinned or done something horribly wrong if I workout and then go to fast food.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

I disagree with this.
  • nack_23
    Options

But yes, mmmmmm big mac! lol havent had one of those in literally years
  • erinpooh
    Options
    For me, I have greater success when I work "non-clean" food into my diet.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it assuming it fits their macros and calories and does not mean that the rest of their diet it nutrient deficient as a result. I see people on my FL eating that all the time - they still get results.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/excluding-the-middle.html
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    *Prepares for epic clean v. non-clean battle*
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm going to McDonalds for lunch.
  • sjohnny
    Options

I disagree with this.

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't change the truth.
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, but I agree, I see these people down the pool doing length after length only to stop at the vending machines and subway (it's next door to the pool) straight after and it's quite...disappointing. People need to realize that after exercise, protein is good, but fat slows digestion down and is quite bad (in terms of weight loss) after exercise
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

I know, grab some popcorn right?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, but I agree, I see these people down the pool doing length after length only to stop at the vending machines and subway (it's next door to the pool) straight after and it's quite...disappointing. People need to realize that after exercise, protein is good, but fat slows digestion down and is quite bad (in terms of weight loss) after exercise

Science is your friend. This is all very wrong except the protein is good part.
  • erinpooh
    Options
    I don't think it's my business what other people eat. I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I'm eating!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I don't make a habit of following random people home from the gym, so I have no idea what they eat.
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How many times have you seen people go to the gym and work their *kitten* off... only to stop at Wendy's or Mcdonald's after their workouts. Come on people, your body wants clean food! Or how many times have you heard "I'm not seeing any results" I ask what they had to eat for lunch and they say "I had to run to Arbys because I didn't bring my lunch."

You are what you eat! Sorry just venting a little lol.

LOL - I was like that when I was younger! I was pretty muscular, but was flabby with little muscle tone and pretty much looked like crap. If only I knew then what I know now...
  • nack_23
    Options

I disagree with this.

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't change the truth.

I think my results fully speak for themselves. You mean to tell me its better to replenish with sodium and saturated fats rather than a lean protein and healthy carb source? hmmmmm....
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Depends on what they order. I personally feel gross if I work out and then eat fastfood chicken nuggets (my weakness is spicy chicken nuggets at wendy's) I occasionally do this and every time I regret it. I started to make my lunch more (working at 5am I have all I can do to get out of bed some mornings.) but I don't always follow through. I was always told to eat an apple after a workout, so I keep them close for that reason.
  • nack_23
    Options
    I don't make a habit of following random people home from the gym, so I have no idea what they eat.

good one
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA YEP!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

27575520.jpg