How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• melnia89
    melnia89 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's my business what other people eat. I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I'm eating!

amen sista :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    There's a massive debate that will probably never end regarding IIFYM vs. Clean eating. And regarding getting the changes you want to see in the mirror maybe making the numbers fit IS all that matters. But when it comes to overall health benefits (which may not be reflected in how you look in a bikini or with your shirt off) there's no denying that eating clean 90% of the time has huge benefits over the IIFYM lifestyle. That being said, what you do the other 10% of the time probably doesn't matter. The people who deprive themselves of treat foods they're really craving to turn that 90% clean eating into 100% clean eating are the least likely to be able to truly make it into the lifestyle it's supposed to be because they're bound to eventually fall off the wagon. Everything in moderation, people. Just remember that IIFYM doesn't mean you can live off of Pizza Hut and Twinkies just because you can make the numbers fit, and eating clean doesn't mean having to go raw vegan.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm

I disagree with this.

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't change the truth.

I think my results fully speak for themselves. You mean to tell me its better to replenish with sodium and saturated fats rather than a lean protein and healthy carb source? hmmmmm....
    I haven't read all the way through this thread, but if SideSteel hasn't made an appearance, he needs to.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I do it plenty. Eat big, lift big.

And I don't know you, so I certainly don't care what you think.

Highly doubful you "lift big." but have a nice day

Oh boy....
    :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

LOL! This is going to be fun...

f81fad17_dis-gon-b-gud.gif
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Oh no you didn't
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    LOL. Yes. Having abs makes one an expert at all things nutrition and fitness related.

Im not saying im an expert. BUT, when you go from 16% bodyfat to a lean 6.5% i think its safe to say i know a thing or two about it...

Yeah well I'll stick with getting nutrition and exercise advise from my elite athlete friend who drinks booze, eats skippy peanut butter, carbs, sweets, and anything else he wants.

Not everyone going to McDonalds after a workout is going for junk food. I go for their coffee. Nothing keeps me motivated to workout more than that big, hot steaming cup of coffee when I'm done. Mmmmm.

And who cares what other people do? Unless it directly effects you -- as in you're their personal trainer and they are sabotaging themselves by doing this after their workouts and then complaining that their workout isn't working and you suck -- then what John Doe chooses to do after they work out has no earth shattering consequences to you.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    LOL. Yes. Having abs makes one an expert at all things nutrition and fitness related.

Im not saying im an expert. BUT, when you go from 16% bodyfat to a lean 6.5% i think its safe to say i know a thing or two about it...

A thing or two. But not enough to talk about nutrition. A burger every once in a while will not somehow make you blow back up to gazillions in bf%. You denied yourself a lot of yummy food to get where you wanted to get to - ok, that was your method. But most people do not need to put glass in their shoes to learn to run.

I throw a cheat meal in every Sunday. Goodness, you people are angry! Open the window and let some of the angry out! :)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options

I can't take anybody seriously when they tuck their ears into their hat.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Are you new here or ........ oh yeah.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

UcowjR0EhUitzpFlWXSrVQ2_zps874719bf.gif

so long, and thanks for all the fish.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Eats at McDonalds and other fast food places...

Is a failure ....
    michael_phelps.jpg

Not. :laugh:

It's funny bc I was thinking this while reading this post, along with all the other Oympic atheles that busted *kitten* this past Games and the headed off to McD's in the Village :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your calorie/macronutrient goals there is no reason not to have Wendy's or McDonald's. I would think after a hard workout would be the optimal time to grab a McRib.

Mmmmmm ...... McRib...... mmmmmmm

I disagree with this.

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't change the truth.

I think my results fully speak for themselves. You mean to tell me its better to replenish with sodium and saturated fats rather than a lean protein and healthy carb source? hmmmmm....
    I haven't read all the way through this thread, but if SideSteel hasn't made an appearance, he needs to.

You read my mind. He hasn't shown up yet.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

^ that did not just happen :grumble:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Not everyone's goals are the same as yours. To each their own. I don't intend to ever have a body fat percentage that low. I can still get/be in great shape without cutting out the things I love.
    THIS
    I love my figure, and I work hard for it. But to ME a life lived without some sweet and salty indulgences, well it's not as fun.

Now if you want to exist on chicken boobs, steamed veggies and oranges have at it.

But plenty of people believe in some kind of dietary balance.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Eats at McDonalds and other fast food places...

Is a failure ....
    michael_phelps.jpg

Not. :laugh:

And smokes pot \m/
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

BRO, do you even lift!?
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    The OP stated in his original post that he was referring to people who are complaining because they're not getting results. If someone is going to Wendy's after a workout but they're getting their desired results then great. If they're not getting results then perhaps they may want to reconsider the fast food. Obviously if they're putting in the time in the gym then the problem lies with what they're eating.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

The little you know is becomming more and more clear
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Highly doubtful you'll be on this site longer than a week.

See ya 'round rook.