How many times have you seen this? Some people don't get it!

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I've never been a huge fan of fast food, so I don't get it, either. After hot yoga the other night, the woman I was with suggested we stop and get a Big Mac "because we earned it", and there's just no way. If I get a reward, it's going to be something much better than a Big Mac.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I do it plenty. Eat big, lift big.

And I don't know you, so I certainly don't care what you think.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    LOL. Yes. Having abs makes one an expert at all things nutrition and fitness related.

Im not saying im an expert. BUT, when you go from 16% bodyfat to a lean 6.5% i think its safe to say i know a thing or two about it...
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs (basically all I had to lose) in under a year eating chicken tenders and/or falafel about twice a week. Also, my LDL levels are on the low side of normal and my HDL levels are high. Clearly, deep-frying is good for you. :bigsmile:

Some of us work out so that we can have the occasional portion of total junk. :flowerforyou:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

This response would hold more weight if you put up your abs pic. *waggles eyebrows*

But yea, what he said!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Eats at McDonalds and other fast food places...

Is a failure ....
    michael_phelps.jpg

Not. :laugh:
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How many times have you seen people go to the gym and work their *kitten* off... only to stop at Wendy's or Mcdonald's after their workouts. Come on people, your body wants clean food! Or how many times have you heard "I'm not seeing any results" I ask what they had to eat for lunch and they say "I had to run to Arbys because I didn't bring my lunch."

You are what you eat! Sorry just venting a little lol.

Never because I don't follow people home.
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    How many times have I heard people say "omg how can you eat that?!" "eat clean!" "you can't dothis or that and still lose weight" NEWSFLASH I eat what I damn well please (as long as it fits macros etc) so if want that cake I'll bloody well eat it.....with cream on. There is no one way to lose weight, not everybody wants to be ripped not everybody wants to live on organic food that come from farms that give there chickens god damn thrones to lay eggs on.

Stop preaching and judging.
    It's arrogant.

Or....go have a big mac.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

This response would hold more weight if you put up your abs pic. *waggles eyebrows*

But yea, what he said!

seconded.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm going to McDonalds for lunch.
    No wonder you've had no success at this fitness thing!

Wait ...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    *Prepares for epic clean v. non-clean battle*

I know, grab some popcorn right?

I have the Star Wars song going through my head now
    **waiting for epic battle**
  • erinpooh
    Options
    I've never been a huge fan of fast food, so I don't get it, either. After hot yoga the other night, the woman I was with suggested we stop and get a Big Mac "because we earned it", and there's just no way. If I get a reward, it's going to be something much better than a Big Mac.

I'm not big on fast food either. I like Subway sometimes, but that's about as fast as I get, other than occasional Pizza Hut.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    At my gym the cardio machines face the road...I can literally be on the treadmill, watch people leave the gym and drive straight to Chipotle. It amazes me everytime. But then again maybe this is their one cheat for the week...maybe

As long as you don't get a soda you can have a perfectly healthy and well balanced meal at Chipotle. If I ever eat out it is the most likely place i will go. I get a burrito bowl with brown rice, pento beans, steak, diced tomatoes, corn, cheese and sour cream. Its pretty darn good and it fits in to my diet just fine.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    LOL. Yes. Having abs makes one an expert at all things nutrition and fitness related.

Im not saying im an expert. BUT, when you go from 16% bodyfat to a lean 6.5% i think its safe to say i know a thing or two about it...

Not everyone's goals are the same as yours. To each their own. I don't intend to ever have a body fat percentage that low. I can still get/be in great shape without cutting out the things I love.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound mean, but I agree, I see these people down the pool doing length after length only to stop at the vending machines and subway (it's next door to the pool) straight after and it's quite...disappointing. People need to realize that after exercise, protein is good, but fat slows digestion down and is quite bad (in terms of weight loss) after exercise

Science is your friend. This is all very wrong except the protein is good part.
    Isn't the reason protein and fiber keep you full longer because they digest more slowly than carbs and fat?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

UcowjR0EhUitzpFlWXSrVQ2_zps874719bf.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

A thing or two. But not enough to talk about nutrition. A burger every once in a while will not somehow make you blow back up to gazillions in bf%. You denied yourself a lot of yummy food to get where you wanted to get to - ok, that was your method. But most people do not need to put glass in their shoes to learn to run.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    *Prepares for epic clean v. non-clean battle*

I know, grab some popcorn right?

Mind sharing with me?
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

How do we know that's even you? hunh?
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options

Highly doubful you "lift big." but have a nice day