Things everybody does ONCE in their life

Options

Replies

• Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid our neighbor's white poodle (BoBo)would always stray into our yard The bastidge was a general nuisance ie. eating our newspaper, crapping in the garage, and of course I had to always clean up BoBo's transgressions. I swear to this day that damn dog was possessed. One summer day when I was 13 yrs old, my buddies were hanging out at my house - and we were bored.

We were eating sandwiches in the back yard and I went in for something to drink...and while I was gone, that damn BoBo ate my sandwich. Earlier we had been tie dying tee shirts in a 5 gal bucket; so I grabbed BoBo and held him in the bucket of purple dye for a long time and after he dried, we sent BoBo packing.

As you can guess, BoBo's hysterical and indignant momma took exception and before that day ended there were police, parents, and god coming down on us. We tried to lie; but we just couldnt come up with a good reason for having purple under our fingernails.

To this day when I hear the name Jimi Hendrix or the song "Purple Haze", I smile.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Even though you've been told something smells really bad, you'll sniff it just in case.

Like my cat peed on a blanket and my husband told me to put it in the hallway so we could take it down to the basement. WHY didn't I think it would smell bad? -_-
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sharted

^^ This due to one too many cans of Slim Fast :embarassed:
    :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bit an oatmeal soap bar to see if there was really oats and how it tasted like. Never did it the 2nd time around, YUCK! :sick:

This!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Women: Falling into the toilet when the man in the house leaves the lid up.

Look before you leap...It's always the man's fault...sheesh.
    It is not always the mans fault...not in my house at least. Sometimes I occasionally lift the seat up, because it's so rude of me to leave it down. And I'm not being sarcastic.
  • Cincybuckfan
    Options
    That is a one time only occurrence! You learn that leasson really fast and never do it a second time!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Threesome

Hmmm thinking of adding this to my list of things to do :love:
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I wish it had only happened once...
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Got my skirt pulled up in highschool wearing a thong. No skirts to highschool after that!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Use regualr dish soap in the dishwasher. haha, what a mess.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sharted

^^ This due to one too many cans of Slim Fast :embarassed:
    :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:

Lol I never gamble when I think I may lose
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Look before you leap...It's always the man's fault...sheesh.
    I make my wife put the toilet seat back UP when she's done...

Mine is cutting 1/4" off the tip of my thumb in a lunchmeat slicer when I worked at the grocery store in high school....
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid our neighbor's white poodle (BoBo)would always stray into our yard The bastidge was a general nuisance ie. eating our newspaper, crapping in the garage, and of course I had to always clean up BoBo's transgressions. I swear to this day that damn dog was possessed. One summer day when I was 13 yrs old, my buddies were hanging out at my house - and we were bored.

We were eating sandwiches in the back yard and I went in for something to drink...and while I was gone, that damn BoBo ate my sandwich. Earlier we had been tie dying tee shirts in a 5 gal bucket; so I grabbed BoBo and held him in the bucket of purple dye for a long time and after he dried, we sent BoBo packing.

As you can guess, BoBo's hysterical and indignant momma took exception and before that day ended there were police, parents, and god coming down on us. We tried to lie; but we just couldnt come up with a good reason for having purple under our fingernails.

To this day when I hear the name Jimi Hendrix or the song "Purple Haze", I smile.
    Hahaha, too funny. Maybe that will teach her to keep her dog from getting out!
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    I'm amazed nobody has mentioned finding the cooking chocolate when they were a kid. You know the stuff I'm talking about. The ones that are individually wrapped and don't contain any sugar in them so they are all bitter as hell. But they still look and smell like chocolate.

I'll never forget when I found it.. My folks even put them up on the top of the shelf in the pantry. Fortunately I could use the shelves like a ladder when I was 5. Found the chocolate, had the Hershey's logo right on it.. Opened it up.. Smelled the chocolatey goodness.. Took one out which was wrapped. Opened it up and took a big bite..

Most bitter thing I think I had ever had up to that point in my life.. Ran for the kitchen trash to spit it out..

I was convinced that they left them there on purpose as a prank for quite a while..
  • rob1976
    Options
    Threesome
    Hmmm thinking of adding this to my list of things to do :love:
    tumblr_ll3rstqWSJ1qde8aao1_400.gif
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Get runover by a car.

My sister got run over. My brother got run over and I had my foot run over. So I now believe all people will get runover (in some way) at least ONCE by a car!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Youngest walked in on me and hubby getting it on. Our mistake: not locking the door. His mistake: Not knocking and just opening the door and running in. His response: Runs out of the room screaming OH MY EYES!!! For at least an hour the other kids were cracking up laughing and our youngest was freaking out screaming that he wanted to burn out his eye balls lol Needless to say he's never barged into our room since. We not only lock the door now but we pull a small table over to block the door JUST IN CASE!!
  • Cincybuckfan
    Options
    I did that once, not sure that my eye sight has ever been the same!
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Use regualr dish soap in the dishwasher. haha, what a mess.

^^^^This. Been there, done that...ONCE!
  • rob1976
    Options
    The statute of limitations has run out, so I can tell this one...

Every year at our high school, the Seniors pull a prank. Some have skipped out for a day, some have hoisted the Nicaraguan flag up the flagpole, among other misdeeds.

We took things to a whole other level. We snuck onto the Speech teacher's dairy farm and spray painted the white parts of her cows blue. I can only imagine how long it took her to get the paint off those cows...