Things everybody does ONCE in their life

Options

Replies

• SoontirFel
    SoontirFel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Run through a well-cleaned sliding glass door....got contacts after that.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Use regualr dish soap in the dishwasher. haha, what a mess.

^^^^This. Been there, done that...ONCE!
    My brother used laundry detergent in the dishwasher...once...
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Women: Falling into the toilet when the man in the house leaves the lid up.
    Look before you leap...It's always the man's fault...sheesh.
    I make my wife put the toilet seat back UP when she's done...

Mine is cutting 1/4" off the tip of my thumb in a lunchmeat slicer when I worked at the grocery store in high school....

* looks around for my wife * I make make my wife use the downstairs bathroom...she's the one that has a problem with the seat being up.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Drank what I thought was water from a gallon water jug. Turned out it was vinegar but wasn't marked. My mother had a habit of putting things in containers and not marking them. My throat was burning for days! yuck!!
    Oh ate that infamous bakers chocolate that is unsweetened and very bitter once...just once!
    My brothers ate dog biscuits once. We had a babysitter that night and there wasn't anything to eat and my brothers were hungry. I think they bet each other to try them or something. One ate quite a few. I took a bite and spit it out.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My daughter goes to college 75 miles away. She comes home every couple of weeks. Usually calls.

About a month ago, she came home without leting us know. About 1am Saturday morning. I sleep nude. Woke up to go to the bathroom. She was stepping into the hallway as I was stepping from the bedroom.

She says I scarred her for life. She does call us every time now before she comes home.

I just LOL'ed at my desk!
  • sansey
    sansey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Lick a 9 volt battery. not sure what prompted me to do it. But needless to say I never did it again.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    Use regualr dish soap in the dishwasher. haha, what a mess.

^^^^This. Been there, done that...ONCE!

My college room mate did this. I got up in the middle of the night and walked in the dark into the kitchen through a pile of suds all over. What a mess indeed!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed nobody has mentioned finding the cooking chocolate when they were a kid. You know the stuff I'm talking about. The ones that are individually wrapped and don't contain any sugar in them so they are all bitter as hell. But they still look and smell like chocolate.

I'll never forget when I found it.. My folks even put them up on the top of the shelf in the pantry. Fortunately I could use the shelves like a ladder when I was 5. Found the chocolate, had the Hershey's logo right on it.. Opened it up.. Smelled the chocolatey goodness.. Took one out which was wrapped. Opened it up and took a big bite..

Most bitter thing I think I had ever had up to that point in my life.. Ran for the kitchen trash to spit it out..

I was convinced that they left them there on purpose as a prank for quite a while..

Holy *kitten* I totally did that. My mom was baking a cake and using the unsweet chocolate...and I grabbed a piece off the counter without asking. After promptly spitting it out...she laughed at me and said "serves you right"
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Found my mom's vibrator while looking for a spare pair of socks when I was in middle school. Never again will I go through her dresser drawers
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    oh almost forgot my most infamous marble incident. My brothers bet me a quarter (quarters got you a pack of gum back then) that I couldn't fit a marble up my nose. Well being 4 or 5 years old I wanted that quarter so I shoved that marble up my nose. I got my quarter but I lost my marble. I had to go to the doctor to get it removed and when he pulled it out with a pair of forceps it bounced down into the floor vent. I was more upset over losing the marble than having to go to the dr's to get it removed lol That was my favorite marble damn it! It had a pretty swirl color inside!! :sad:
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Grab your dad's schween when he's trying to pee. I was super little, don't remember it, but the story goes that my dad NEVER went to the bathroom again without locking the door!

:laugh: :laugh:
    My two year old tries to grab my husband's all the time. Makes me laugh every time....
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    In grade one I wanted to see if it hurt if you stapled your finger.

It did.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    My next-older brothers are twins and they dared me (about 4 or 5 years old) to stick my thumb against the glowing coils of a car cigarette lighter, raving about how "awesome" it feels...
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Open the car door while the vehicle is in movement and fall out in the middle of moving traffic. Luckily there were no cars behind us...

At the age of 2.

Oh 1980 and your lack of child car seat regulations!

CHECK. DONE.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    My next-older brothers are twins and they dared me (about 4 or 5 years old) to stick my thumb against the glowing coils of a car cigarette lighter, raving about how "awesome" it feels...

Ouch!!!!
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tipped your chair back a little too far.

Drank out of can that you thought was yours but happened to be someones "dip can" :noway:
  • SlickFootAnna
    Options
    Go back into the classroom after class is finished, grab a bag from the janitor's tray and start cleaning out the classroom.
    Drop cookies, stickers, the class pet, everything within site into huge trash bag and haul that puppy out of the classroom while the janitor is just staring at you. Blink. Blink. Blink....

Did this when I was in kindergarten.... Don't remember what happened next but I do recall I did't go back to class for a few days afterwards... rofl
  • SlickFootAnna
    Options
    Grabbed the scissors and clipped my eyelashes off. They were too fkn long to wear sunglasses!!!!! I was 5. YAY!
  • Betty0220
    Options
    I too have walked in on my parents before (I was like 13)...I've never been the same since!
  • SlickFootAnna
    Options
    Took a semester off from college and went solo to Europe for over a month. This was in 2002 and was still really nervous with the whole 9/11 ordeal so I took a sleeping pill for my 8 hour flight [who fking does this? Oh, yeah, me, derp!]. Woke up 5 mins before landing and almost missed my connecting flight!