My husband talks to other women too much

Options

Replies

• Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So my husband has been talking to his sister a LOT. Like every day. He texts her all the time. I will hear a text go off and he will read it and reply without even telling me who it was from, and when I ask he just says it was his sister and they were "chit chatting" and not even tell me what they are saying. Sometimes he even calls her on the phone and talks to her, but the thing is, he almost always calls her to talk to her while he is driving or something, and never in front of me.

Back before we moved in together he even used to go over her house for dinner a LOT, like ONCE a week. Or go with her and her family to a restaurant sometimes. It is messed up!

I hate to post this but honestly I am at my wites end here. I really think something is going on but I don't know how to confront him, he just says I am "being jealous" and "stupid". Like he honestly doesn't even know what the problem is. I know I am probably overreacting just a bit but I don't like another woman talking to my husband all the time and I don't know how to make him understand he is hurting my feelings! He likes to talk to other women behind my back too, like his aunt, or he is in school and he emails this girl ALL the time, at least ONCE a week, to ask her about the homework. He let me read his emails because I put my foot down and they were all about homework but I think there is something fishy going on and maybe there were in code. Please help!

I read all that, honestly, I did. And having read it all, I only have one question...

What's a "wite" and how do I know I'm at the end of it?

Ok, so it was two questions.

BAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Mine was better.

I second that
  • GraeTaralom
    Options

I read all that, honestly, I did. And having read it all, I only have one question...

What's a "wite" and how do I know I'm at the end of it?

Ok, so it was two questions.

LOL!!! :laugh:
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    There really is people like this. My daughter-in-law has complained to my son that we talk to much, once a week, and she would like us to back it down. She does not have a relationship with any of her family and she has a hard time understanding a family that actually likes each other.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    didn't read all the pages so this could be a repeat

but um how are you 26 and single "Hey everyone I'm a 26 year old single" yet your married ??
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/832676-hi-everyone-new-here-looking-for-friends

:laugh:
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This is a serious problem. :( They even go to the movies together sometimes. I work nights so I don't often get to go to movies, but just last week he took the kids to see a movie and she went along. Ugh...

In an earlier post, you said you can't meet them for lunch because you work 40 minutes away, now you work nights and can't go out to the movies with them? So you work days and nights? Sorry, not buying it.
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    1) Why didn't his close relationship with his sister bother you before you got married and had kids?

2) Maybe he's emotionally more like a girl and needs all this contact with his BFF. Two female siblings are often this annoyingly close. I'm more emotionally like a guy so I struggle to understand this friendship bonding stuff, but I know it exists and is legit. I know tons of women who have this much contact with their BFF’s, but in their cases they are married to men who don’t take it as a personal insult.

3) No, I don’t think he’s diddling his sister. Even if he were, it’s not like he’s going to divorce you to marry her…EVER.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Wow. Are you really Christina Schmidt, or did you just snag her photo for this lame troll thread?
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0772876/
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Overly-Attached-Girlfriend-Meme-Whos-mom.jpg

^^^^^this^^^^^
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Just crack down harder. Guys love that. It will bring you closer.

This, but don't do it directly. Tell him you're too tired for sex, don't feel like going anywhere, things like that.

These are great Man Training Tips.

It's the little things. Pop up unexpectedly at his class with a giant balloon bouquet. Call him and remind him of how long you have been together, down to the day, hour, minute, and second. Smell him when he gets home, and question any scents you find. Pick out his clothing each night. Embroider your name on all of his underwear. That is the only way he knows you care.

What wonderful advice! I think I'll go home right now and try these out. There are no issues, but it never hurts to make a little extra effort just in case.... right? :wink:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Mine was better.

Your avatar makes me pause everytime I see it.

Yikes.

What? It is a hot avvy.
  • whierd
    Options
    It's ok guys, it is a joke post.

How can you tell?

Because reasonable people aren't jealous of their SO talking to their siblings.
  • whierd
    Options
    Are you people really not getting that he's SAYING he's talking to his sister, but she doesn't believe that it's really his sister that he's talking to. She thinks he's lying and talking to someone else...

Really?

I mean I don't care one way or the other but please people read between the lines...

I am not a mind reader...yet. Which means that if that is what the OP thinks, she should have stated it.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Deleted, only read op.
    This is a troll thread. A very successful one.
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My husband talks to other women all the time, too. I don't know how to handle this. :(
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    My husband talks to other women all the time, too. I don't know how to handle this. :(

You need to tell him that once you were married he was not permitted to talk to anyone else unless it was cleared with you first. :wink:

Lock him in the basement until he learns the error of his ways :)
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options

You need to tell him that once you were married he was not permitted to talk to anyone else unless it was cleared with you first. :wink:

Lock him in the basement until he learns the error of his ways :)

Really though, I'm worried he might like women. You know REALLY like them.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    IT'S HIS SISTER< AND HIS AUNT!!!!! GET OVER IT BEFORE YOU DRIVE HIM AWAY!!!!

Basil
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    SleepingBeauty12345 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This is a troll thread, right? It HAS to be a troll thread.

lmao i hope so
    i agree!
  • XjXannX
    XjXannX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    didn't read all the pages so this could be a repeat

but um how are you 26 and single "Hey everyone I'm a 26 year old single" yet your married ??
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/832676-hi-everyone-new-here-looking-for-friends

:laugh:

lmao
This discussion has been closed.