Tall Gals Check in - Motivation for 5'8" and above

Options

Replies

• Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump. What a great job you ladies have done. I hope to do just as well.

5'8"

SW: 338
    CW: 295
    GW: 185 (maybe lower, not sure as I haven't been under 200 in several decades.)
  • frecklegrrl
    Options
    I'm 5'10" but don't have success stories since I'm only a small part into my journey! Bumping this for motivation/inspiration.
  • danceym
    danceym Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10-3/4", or that's what I keep saying but aging has shortened me a wee bit. :)

I gained all my weight with kids and stress, and of course food. I have lost before but this time around I am working on my mental health at the same time, the goal is to concur the illness and the symptom together. At 53 I don't have too many more kicks at the cat.

Cheers
    Mary
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'8". Right now i'm about 190. I've gotten down to 150 and looked really good but that was mostly dieting and now working out. I did the full 90 days of P90X a few years ago (after getting up over 175) and only lost about 5lbs but a TON of inches and i LOVED the way i looked at 170 after doing P90X. I looked fit and thin! So i would like to get to 170 with working out and dieting and then re-evaluate then.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10"

January 2012
    194.2 lbs

DSCN45902.jpg

July 2012
    175lbs

100MEDIA36copy.jpg

I have gained a couple lbs since then but I am on my way back down again
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 5ft 8inch, I'm about a quarter of the way at my goal lol I've lost 14lbs so far :)
  • stephanie40403
    stephanie40403 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Is 5'8" tall? My perspective must be skewed, growing up in a mostly Dutch community. 5'8" would be what I consider average, maybe a tad short.

I agree. There are some people on here who consider themselves tall @ 5'7". Perhaps it's all about perspective.

I am 5'7' barely, and everyone considers me tall, so therefore I have always felt like a giant :(
  • hitherepenn
    Options
    I'm 19, 5'10.5 (179.2cm), started at 220+lbs, went down to 150, then back to 190... now i'm trying to get to 140 without crash dieting!

I find I have to lose at least 14lbs before i start to notice a difference - seriously frustrating!
  • CynTX82
    CynTX82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8... Just started my journey so I've only lost 4 pounds so far, but I hope to have as much success as many of you have!

Everyone is welcome to add me! :)
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    5'9 :)

Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 :)
    juli8_zps7b0efb24.png
  • purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5" haha I am currently 160, I was 240 and I would like to get to 140, but we'll see...that may be too thin for me personally.
  • ewak1280
    ewak1280 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow Wee! You look great... I'm 5'11, and got a ways to go! your pics are very motivational! Thanks
  • emilybrianne15
    Options
    I'm 5'10! I started out at 226 and now I'm at 169. I'm hoping to get down to about 140!

Lots of great progress on this topic! Great motivation. Wooohoo tall girls! :) haha
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I was here looking for motivation to keep going and found a lot!! Thanks everyone!

So I thought I would share my progress pics...I dont have a new one but have been stuck losing only 3 pounds since September...in this pic I was 199 down from 268. I am 5'9".

2012-08-17.jpg

Edited to add this one where I am not hiding any fat rolls behind my girls. :)
    I have lost only 5 pounds since this pic, but about 3 inches off my waist. I need new pics.

Collages.jpg
  • magikaye
    magikaye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • bear0624
    bear0624 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started this journey about 2 weeks ago and going strong! Already lost 12 lbs and my goal is to be at 180 and Im 5'9 ish ( sometimes 5'10) !

SW 245
    CW 233
    GW180
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Is 5'8" tall? My perspective must be skewed, growing up in a mostly Dutch community. 5'8" would be what I consider average, maybe a tad short.

where did you grow up? can i move there? :happy:

5'9" - pics in my profile - been here almost a year... feel free to add me :D
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 11. I started at 229lbs, am now 192lbs ( 37 lbs lost) I had lost 50lbs but put those pounds back on again during the latter part of last year. I'm back on track now though, and want to hit 170 in the next six months. Wish me luck!
  • kbmomma42
    kbmomma42 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, but 5'9 in the old playbook - lol....what great motivation - keep it up everyone! I only weigh in with my doctor every two weeks, so next week will be the first - thanks for helping me stay on track! So far, MFP has been just what I needed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!