Tall Gals Check in - Motivation for 5'8" and above

Options
123457»

Replies

• ceceliaf
    Options
    i am 5'11, 5'11.5 when i have great posture. i weigh 171.2 and my highest weight was 185. i don't have any before/ afters because i have reached any success recently, hahaha. my goal weight is somewhere around 140.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 :)
    juli8_zps7b0efb24.png

Awesome Job! Damned Black bars always showing up at the wrong times. They are my arch nemesis. Till we meet again black bars.
  • amandalynnh3
    amandalynnh3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sreed016 - I actually think you look a lot better at your current weight.
  • troystweets
    Options
    I'm new here but thought I'd check in.
    I'm 5'8" and just lost my first 6 pounds in 2 weeks. Currently I'm 169. I started the body by vi challenge at the beginning of the year and took photos then, so as soon as my 90 days is over, I'll post my before and after pics. :)
    I must say, I'm rather pleased with myself. I've been training for a 5k and never considered myself a runner. But this morning I finally made the realization that I AM turning into a runner.
    Yesterday I ran for 28 minutes straight and today I busted out 2.75 miles in 27 minutes. So needless to say - I'm feeling great and it's a great motivator to keep me going.
    I can't wait to read more ladies' (and perhaps gentlemen's) success stories.
  • Darlygirl4life
    Darlygirl4life Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a little over 5'8. I just started so, nothing to really add. I am working out and doing strength training. Love to hear from anyone about great workouts.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9".
    SW= 174
    CW=166
    GW= 145 to 140
    I was down to 155 last summer then got a horrible ear infection that led to a busted ear drum so I didnt do anything for about 6the months, that includes not eating right as well... dont have any pica up currently but I will soon
  • SLMoore71
    SLMoore71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration for me. I am working to get down to 170 at least. Glad to see your pictures.
  • jianop
    jianop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    5'8 here and at 184. Just joined MFP yesterday and I'm looking to drop about 40 and be at 145. I'm turning 30 this year and want to make sure I start my next decade in great shape. Would love to friend some others that are or have been in the same boat as me!
  • IUsedToBeUnhealthy
    Options
    Don't mind me...Just b.u.m.p.ing... and rock on tall girls! 5'9" and proud!
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Is 5'8" tall? My perspective must be skewed, growing up in a mostly Dutch community. 5'8" would be what I consider average, maybe a tad short.

I agree. There are some people on here who consider themselves tall @ 5'7". Perhaps it's all about perspective.

I am 5'7' barely, and everyone considers me tall, so therefore I have always felt like a giant :(

LOL, perspective indeed. I'm an American living in Portugal, and at 5'8 I tower over all the women and just about all the men!!

I felt I was above average in height when living in the States...but I blended in just right when I walked around in Holland :) Just depends!
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I'm 5'8". I am working on a goal to lose 35-40lbs. I did it a couple of years ago and let it creep back on. My heaviest I was 220. I vowed I would never hit that again. Please add me as a friend!
  • hartshapedpetals
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm 5'8 and at my heaviest: 175lbs. Looking to get to 150 ideally. This seems to be a very slow process, but I will start working out more!
  • monicarcaro
    Options
    I'm 5'8'', heaviest was around 185 in August 2010, got down to 150 in November 2011, and then unfortunately rose back to ~165 July 2012. I've been working at my weight/health since the day I saw 165 on the scale, and now I'm 145! My ultimate goal weight is 135, but I'd be okay with 140 as well :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!