if health is #1, what is your #2 reason to lose weight?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• lucasriggs
    Options
    Vanity is my number one priority at the moment. I would gladly take 5 years off my life to achieve the body I desire.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Health is obviously number one. I have PCOS and have been on medication for years. The more I lose the less I need. My number two would have to be just feeling better in my own skin. I want to be able to stop hiding from cameras. I have pictures of all my loved ones but they don't have any of me.
  • JudithEssex
    JudithEssex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Because I have chronic lung health issues that extra weight make worse - health is numero uno. I also have health issues that are just BECAUSE I have extra weight. (like a knee problem and a foot problem). AND it makes me have less energy because I can do less with less intensity. So ! Health wins by a large margin - it means SO many things.
    BUT - wardrobe, looking good (or at least better), vanity, the mirror, photos -all those reasons combine to make a number 2. If I have to get older (and I guess its better than the alternative) then at least I want to look better.
  • Justuskuties
    Options
    I'm planning on retiring within a year or two, just turned 65 and want to be healthy and active for as long as possilbe
  • JudithEssex
    Options
    I get it! Why be a woman if you can't have a great closet? I agree. I LOVE wonderful clothes, too, and DRESSING! :)
  • JudithEssex
    Options
    Also - because I have conquered so many things in my life, done so many things I never thought I could do and I am having a real hard time believing I cannot control the bulge.
    so - health is number 1
    Vanity Various = number 2 and pure bulldog obstinace must be number 3.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    To me, it is a no-brainer. #1 is health and #2 is appearance. There is a lot going in to both priorities. With health comes ability to do more with less fatigue and exercise more robustly. Along with appearance, you get new clothes, and probably both results give enhanced performance in the sack.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be able to walk around in swim trunks without feeling self-conscious about my gut or wimpy pecs. I've started adding strength training to my walking/jogging.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Looks. ;) in all honesty. As I feel I look better my confidence starts to soar and I feel more comfortable in my own skin
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    1. Health (Just because you don't have any health problems now doesn't mean you won't in the future. Why not set yourself up for a healthier future. We all grow old you know.)
    2. Build strength and endurance
  • rebeccaker
    rebeccaker Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    To be able to play with my 6 kids the way I want to! I hate beeing that overweight mom that does not have the energy to do sports with my kids. It all for them!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    After health, which will include physical strength and emotional stability, I'm really looking forward to looking like a fabulous mother of the bride in August. At the occasion, I will see my ex-husband for the first time in 10 years. Oh, it's all going to be great.
  • cheshire29
    Options
    I REALLY want to take up less space... & not be ignored that would be nice. We as people respond better to pretty, in shape, people better then we do to obese even not in shape people. Its pure human nature and fact and IT SUCKS. You go your whole life just thinking its normal but then one day you realize WTF? its not normal at all!

Number 1.

I have excelled in many things in my life. This has never been one of them. Time for that to change!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    No matter how awesome you think you are, you are either a parent your kids brag about or you aren't.

Nothing better I can give my wife than for all women to be jealous of her.
  • james_parker
    Options
    Appearance and fitness