Women who lift heavy

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not that annoying ***** who takes pictures of herself at the gym to try and feel accomplish. I write down my gains on pen and paper, not on my Facebook.

Who takes pictures of themself with their finger stuck under their nose?

You've proven repeatedly that you're a troll. Thank you for further verification.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Let's all just take a moment and think about

IMG_0570_zpse644bd67.jpg

*sigh*
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    if she really was a lifter, she'd have more pics than just her face.

she'd have something up there she was proud of

Sorry, I'm not that annoying ***** who takes pictures of herself at the gym to try and feel accomplish. I write down my gains on pen and paper, not on my Facebook.

At least you draw the line somewhere at what you're not willing to do to be annoying. No, really, it's good to set boundaries on what is acceptable and what is off-limits.

However, you might want to reconsider where you currently set this line, especially if your focus is truly on strength/hypertrophy training. Some progress shots might be helpful to better support your obvious expert status on the topic. It will lend you some credibility, and honestly, admittedly based only on your participation in this thread, you seem to be just a wee bit deficient in that area right now.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Bad-no. Pathetic-yes.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You guys, no seriously, I'm crying. I just... I just wanted everybody to like me!

I made you this smoothie.

cnt_zps1bf5f047.png
  • SweetPea482
    SweetPea482 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Replies with specific numbers are pointless. "Going heavy" is heavy for YOU!!!

^^^THIS!!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Let's all just take a moment and think about

IMG_0570_zpse644bd67.jpg

*sigh*

It's OK. Have a drink.

IMG_0544_zpsdfa191ed.jpg
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    At least I've actually done Starting Strength and Wendler's 5/3/1 for a substantial amount of time unlike most all of you.

But you're right, my 16th post WAS a waste. I'm going to get back to real lifting forums where people actually have a single clue about lifting and assitance work.

Oh, I didn't realize you had insight into our lifting routine. Congratulations to you for doing programs that myself and most of the other girls are doing (and have done) as well. I didn't know you were the first to discover those. I've done stronglifts, RPT, and Wendler's, I must be a fracking expert! We'll go ahead and chalk it up to you being a typical 24 year old that considers herself smarter than everyone else.

If you did any of those then you'd know the importance of assistance work.

You are all touting the importance of doing and ONLY doing the main lifts.

I'd love to see your *kitten* struggle on unassisted dips because you've never attempted them. OH! But you get enough tricep work on your main lifts? LOL! I'd love to see your tricep gains on bench and overhead press. Really, I would.

How about weighted dips? I'm up to a 45 pound plate to depth now.
    2012-10-09_12-14-28_475.jpg

Way to not accomplish an actual dip.

Really? Excuse you and your ignorance. 90 degrees increases torque and increases the chance for injury.

:heart: :heart:
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Oh God, a bunch of n00bs who think they know everything about lifting. This is why you don't go to a fitness forum with 90% women.
    um excuse me.... i am a certified personal trainer and i said nothing against anyone!!! Thank you very much. I simply told the OP to go at her own pace!!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Dip Contest!!

Who's in?

I'm in I have a wonderful French Onion Dip recipe.. :laugh:

Count me in too.
    I just ate some spinach dip I made on Sunday.... no lie. Check my diary, brah.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    At least I've actually done Starting Strength and Wendler's 5/3/1 for a substantial amount of time unlike most all of you.

But you're right, my 16th post WAS a waste. I'm going to get back to real lifting forums where people actually have a single clue about lifting and assitance work.

numbers please.
  • LittleTrollCupcake
    Options
    Hey guys, so what's up?
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Oh noes! This thread is shrinking! SSSHHHHRRRIIIINNNKKKIIINNNGGGG
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This thread has been locked due to multiple violations. One of the major ones is below.

The guideline in question reads:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You seem like a great member and we would love to continue to have you post on the site. So please help us out by making sure to follow the forum guidelines at all times.

Our Forums work on a Three Strike system. Please be aware that subsequent to this initial warning, further violations of the forum rules will result in strikes, which can lead to a suspension of posting privileges, or in extreme cases loss of access to the site.

Please take some time to review the site's guidelines at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
This discussion has been closed.