What do you 'hate' about being fat?

Options

Replies

• pattydo
    pattydo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So many things come to mind, health issues mainly, hearing the negative in your head of what you think others "think" of you, scoping out the most "sturdy" furniture when you are visiting a new place, home, party, etc., clothes that are basically a big tent so nothing clings and gives you away, the denial that you are not fat, knowing you are an awesome person but never letting anyone close enough to that because if they are too close they will see your imperfections, etc. etc. etc.

However, all of these things are changing for me as I make better decisions in getting healthy and fit. I know I am a good person no matter the number on the scale but I know I will be even better and will enjoy life more if I am here because I am healthy and not struggling for every breath because of excess. Looking forward to this journey.... Thanks for letting me share.
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    Options
    I could write a 10 page essay about what I hate about being fat! So I'll keep it short and say EVERYTHING!!!

my feelings exactly!!!!

but if I had to pick one thing only, it would be PICTURES!
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    Number 1- Going into clothing stores with your friends and having to pretend you're just not interested in the clothes (even though they are spectacular) because you know the store only stocks up to a size 16- and even a size 16 wouldn't fit over your head.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    When somebody takes a picture of you when you're off-guard. You don't have time to suck in your tummy, put your hand on your hip and tilt your head back - the famous 'skinny' pose. Then you see the picture and you look MASSIVE. That is heart-breaking. THAT is how everybody around you sees you..... everyday. Bleugh.
  • Luv108
    Luv108 Posts: 18
    Options
    I can't stand being fat! The biggest reason is having less energy and more body aches! When I weighed less, I had so much energy and never had body problems or pains. It was nice to just live life to the fullest. Now it is hard to get the energy to do things, especially getting into working out again. I can't wait to not be fat anymore!!!!
  • Zampa13
    Zampa13 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The main things

Being the unfittest person on my teams
    Clothing-everything looks horrible on me
    The fact that I think I look at least 15 years older than I am
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    the feeling that i am only 21 and fat, what will i be like when i'm 40!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    this is what i hated when i was fat
  • speedw1875
    speedw1875 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hate Knowing how many calories go into a lunch consisting of
    1/2 Slab of ribs
    1 Fried Chicken breast
    1 side of fries
    1 side of cole slaw
    and 2 pints of Blue Moon

My favorite part of being fat had to be the journey getting their
  • Jill814
    Jill814 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fitting in clothes, let alone finding clothes that are "stylish" and not looking like they are for older people.

being winded after running up steps

the reality check when you look in the mirror and you see someone who isnt what you think you look like in your mind
  • wormy80
    wormy80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The fact that I always told myself, I could lose weight before my children would remember me as fat and then realized the other day that my daughter already will.

The fact that my husband of ten years looks the same in our wedding pictures, and I am twice my size...
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I miss catching guys out that are looking at me like they want to rip my clothes off... I used to have an amazing figure :-(
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Looking in the mirror
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Knowing that if I stay down this road, my daughter will find me dead on the floor of a massive heart attack the same way I found my dad.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Honestly I try to not to focus on hating my body at any size, I focus each day on what I can do to be healthy and strong. I think when we hate something about ourseleves we sabatoge the work we do here. I know that sounds a bit pollyanna or zen but it has taken me 46 years to finally realize I am more than just a number on the scale.
    love the attitude!!:love:
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    feeling bits jiggle when I run and do jumping jacks.
    Its gotten better since starting 30ds so heres hoping it goes completely! Also I want to wear nice dresses without my tummy sticking out or my love handles showing
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    The fact that when I look in the mirror, I don't see a fat guy. Just a guy who is a bit bigger than back in the day. Then, when I see a picture of myself, I don't even recognize the fat *kitten* in the picture. Just sucks.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I hate NOTHING. I love ME! Every inch, every pound.

Not to be an advocate, but it's posts like these that make people feel being heavy is something to hate. Why would you want to push this around a forum called "MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT." How does this motivate or support?

There's somebody reading this who may internalize and associate hating themselves with weight, which leads to more and more negative body image.

Of course weight it has implications with health and lifestyle and social issues, but we shouldn't hate our condition. It's normal to not like certain parts or be uncomfortable, but hate is extreme. We have enough hate in the world. It belongs to YOU, you have the ability to change it. And if one hates being overweight/obese/etc, what they put out into the universe is what they get back. You will receive the same hate back that you project on yourself.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Having boobs !!! I hate them I never had them and I am more than ready to see them go lol

Exactly...from the male perspective at my age they just seem to appear, and when a female friend says that yours are bigger than hers, you know its about time to make them go on a retreat !!!!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You mean besides everything? I guess I'd have to go with my double neck... I'm not one of those chubby chicks with a skinny face so I can't even take it with just face pictures. Also, almost all the girls I we t to high school with look just like they did then or better.

:grumble grumble grumble;