Why the F...!!! Things you seen at the gym

Options

Replies

• leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I used to go the gym there was a lady to seemed to be there very time I was there, didn't matter what time I turned up (always dependent on babysitting arrangements) - I used to wonder whether she just slept there or something??!!:noway:
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feeling judged at the gym is why I feel self conscious and wait until midnight to workout so I have the place to myself. Just putting that out there.

There's judgemental, like this: "OMG did you see the way she did that squat? And only 20lbs, too! Gosh, what a loser!" /example That's terrible, and I don't think people in this thread are doing that. If they are, they should be completely ashamed.

And then there's dude who sniffs his junk funk.

I feel that I am allowed to judge you if you sniff your junk, do squats in your underwear, or walk on the treadmill backwards. I'm pretty sure that doesn't make me a bad person. :)
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Girls who come to the gym with their hair all done up and their makeup caked on. Are you here to get in shape or for a photoshoot?

Unless you actually know them you're judgement is baseless. Not everyone has time to change before going to the gym. They could be coming from work, meetings etc where they needed/wanted to look good.

And even if they are dressing up just for the gym, who cares? If it makes them feel better about themselves what harm. It's not affecting anyone but themselves.

This doesn't bother me per say but I do kind of roll my eyes a bit when they do this and aren't working out hard enough to even break a sweat and spend half the time standing around talking/texting

It doesn't bother me that our gym is like a singles bar much. The girls sometimes do go overboard. I giggle and think of all the blackheads they will get when their makeup gets into their sweaty pores.

It takes 3 minutes max to wash your face before working out. Just do it! Nike said it first :)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    The nausea of the junk funk sniffing was slightly relieved by the hilarity of farty headphone girl. Nah it's not actually...
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Once I was squating with weights at the gym during rush hour and some 14-15 year old little punk walks over to me, smacks my *kitten* and runs away........ seriously :mad:
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    DefluffinMyStuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The guy who reached down his shorts, readjusted his junk (no big deal so far - not, you know, awesome, but no big deal) and then SNIFFED HIS FINGERS before walking off to another machine.

OMG. Gross. Grosser than gross.

Ew.

The scratch and sniff. :noway: Err...shift n'sniff? :sick:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    The nausea of the junk funk sniffing was slightly relieved by the hilarity of farty headphone girl. Nah it's not actually...

I thought she was cute until she started dropping bombs on me with every other step. I took the hint . . .
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    i see older folks walking on the treadmill backwards... *cringe* it's like watching a train wreck; you can't take your eyes off the scene. i am so afraid they will lose balance and hit their heads on the treadmill's power panel or something :$

as well, i saw a woman bring her four-year-old daughter into the health club with her to run on the treadmill. a trainer thankfully put a stop to it, but the woman was very angry, saying, "but she has to run with me, she's got to lose weight!"

i see loads of weird things in general; i live in china and people usually don't go to the gym to workout, and therefore have no idea how to safely or properly use the equipment.

At the Uni I go to there are a TON of foreign exchange students who don't really know what they are doing. I don't want to butt in but always get really nervous when I see them doing something wrong. There was one time though, a boy from china who I have seen a couple times swimming at the pool (well...learning to swim anyway), asked me and my workout buddy how every machine works. It was fun, he got so excited when he would do a couple reps the right way.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Guy in underwear doing squats.

Ha! I once walked into one of the rooms where they hold group classes, when it was empty, and there was a guy stripped down to his whitey tighties flexing in the mirrored walls. I ran out very quickly and very quietly.

Another one that comes to mind was a guy who loaded up the bar for a bench press, then took a couple folded yoga mats, placed them on his chest, and then bounced the fully loaded bar off his chest several times. Then he put the bar back up.

Oh yuck!

My biggest pet peeve is when guys wear lose basketball shorts and have their junk hanging out in one of the leg holes. Yuck. Working out and glancing over at some guy on the bench who has his balls trying to say hello to everybody...yuck.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    My barbell has been greasy the last two times I've gone to the gym. Like, greasy enough that I've had to go get the spray bottle and wipe it down to get a proper hold on it to lift. I have been wondering WTF that's been about- the leading theory has to do with tanning before working out. Now I hear about the junk sniffer, and I'm really worried.

Really glad I've wiped it down though.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I was on the elliptical today and there was a girl all by herself in the stretching area doing Tae Bo with her imaginary class. It was really kind of an odd thing to witness.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I've seen a guy moonwalking on the treadmill, a guy in a winter coat and hat on the treadmill, a guy in a hairnet working out, a lady with an 80's cassette player walkman and most recently a lady using her headband as an iPod holder....umm ok?? LOL

All of these things has me laughing. Especially the hairnet and winter coat guy. I wish I saw this.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    seen a girl in a mini jean skirt, cowboy boots, and a halter top "dancing" and lifting her legs on a bar in front of the mirrors. it's like, this is a gym honey, not the strip club
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Skid marks on the benches. Ok- bad visual- I'm talking about the sweat you can obviously tell came from someones butt crack. GROSS, wipe your stank up please!
  • pondmermaid
    pondmermaid Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    went to the gym in my apartment complex tonight and someone had come out of the pool and been working out on all the equipment dripping wet from swimming. Good grief- how lame is that.
  • BonBon24wa
    Options
    lmao
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    New dude at my gym - he's in his 50's I'd say. He was up on the treadmill in high-water overall jeans and fleece-lined slippers. You know, the flip-flop looking kind with no backs on them. I thought he was gonna trip. :noway:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    The guy who does these like... Upside down tricep dips on the dip bar at my gym. It's kind of amazing but wtf?

The girl who came in the other day, ellipticaled for literally 5 minutes and spent an hour chatting to the dude bros on the weight floor. Obvious c0ck trawler is obvious
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Old guy, maybe mid to late 60's walks to front of gym area, reception, whipped his clothes off down to his undies (pants) and weighs himself then saunters back to other end of gym with his clothes in his hand to get changed!! Eeeeww

Note to self, always wipe equipment at the gym after reading this topic :P
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I was in a spin class last week and a guy in perhaps his mid to late 20's comes in with 1980's workout garb.. Headband, short shorts (where can you even buy them these days???) a walkman and wearing sunglasses, YES sunglasses inside the gym spin room where they turn the lights off! Another much older guy in my spin class wears his cycling clothes... Shirt, pants, etc... Looks like someone sponsored him for the tour de france, lol. I mean come on, its a spin class, theres no headwinds that require you to wear form fitting cycling clothes!
    Another guy that clearly wears his wife's neon workout tanks, a girl that always runs late to her Zumba class and runs in in her work clothes... Ne time she wore no shoes.
    Theres another guy that takes his shoes off in the free weight area.. Talk about disaster waiting to happen.
    How about the scrawny guys that walk around with their arms pulled away from their body as if their muscles are so big they cant just relax their arms down to their sides... I feel like saying, yo dude, put your arms down... Wtf. This one guy also wears timberland boots, sweat pants and a white wife beater... ????????????
This discussion has been closed.