Why the F...!!! Things you seen at the gym

Options

Replies

• jeckalynne
    Options
    I was working out at like 1:30am and some ghetto chick had her 3 or 4 year old in the gym. Not paying attention to the kid, yelling at the kid for not playing with the ONE toy she brought. The kid had no pants on....the chick was barely working out, talking on her cell, and socializing with the one dude there.....
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Just before xmas Santa came in to work out. It was an elderly round man who got on the exercise bike for the better part of an hour. He was in full santa gear, hat and everything.

That's awesome!!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    People always joke about the guys doing curls in the squat rack. Last night? Some guy was doing curls in the power rack. I'm guessing because I was in the squat rack doing squats.

Later? There was a girl there that I've seen on several occasions doing triceps extensions. Which is fine, except she was barely moving the 5 lb dumbbell and looking around the gym for who-knows-what. Not a terribly big deal - it was just kind of a "what in the blue hell are you doing?" moment.
  • mfdl1
    mfdl1 Posts: 24
    Options
    my sentiments exactly,like the post.
  • TheManda27
    TheManda27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mine is hear more than see thing. If you are the cute girl with the nice perfume that is always on the elliptical, please understand that, just because you have headphones on, it doesn't mean that we can't hear or smell your farts . . .
    [/quote

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    people who try to walk on the treadmill at full incline and have to hold onto the machine because it's too intense for them. also people who set their speed too fast and hold the guiderails to keep their feet from fully touching down during their run. why are you here?
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    SMH when I saw a girl come to workout in UGG boots! Seriously?? The manager told her she couldnt wear "outside" shoes in the gym to workout.

Another SMH moment - at the squat rack, bar is loaded and I'm taking a rest between sets...a trainer comes, without saying "are you done?" starts taking the weights off the bar. She didn't need the rack, she only wanted the bar for her client. I pointed to an EMPTY bar on the floor that she could use! She then said "sorry, I didnt know you were using this" WTF?
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Guy in underwear doing squats.

Ha! I once walked into one of the rooms where they hold group classes, when it was empty, and there was a guy stripped down to his whitey tighties flexing in the mirrored walls. I ran out very quickly and very quietly.

He was posing. If he is a bodybuilder, particularly a competitive bodybuilder its pretty normal and expected to do what you described.

yeah, at home in the bathroom. not in a public space where other people would like to workout without seeing a nearly naked man.
  • jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A gentleman comes in to my gym regularly wearing a kilt. And then he changes into his "workout" kilt. No word on whether he's actually wearing anything under said kilt (hopefully he is as he straddles the weight benches - a lot!)

There's also a dude with Tourette's who wears a T-shirt that says "Why yes, I am crazy" as he shouts obscenities from the treadmill. He's actually the most popular guy in the gym.
  • clintgeek
    clintgeek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is when guys wear lose basketball shorts and have their junk hanging out in one of the leg holes. Yuck. Working out and glancing over at some guy on the bench who has his balls trying to say hello to everybody...yuck.

I wear underwear under my shorts, am I doing it wrong?
  • Jenikki322
    Options
    How do you use 3 treadmills at one time? I'm so confused on that one... LOL!
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This has been killing me for a couple of days more so just wondering why.

Lunges on a treadmill? Anyone know why?
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Some people ask why, I ask why not?
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The older guy that pooped his pants on the elliptical and kept pacing back and forth in front of it, wondering what to do...
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    i see older folks walking on the treadmill backwards... *cringe* it's like watching a train wreck; you can't take your eyes off the scene. i am so afraid they will lose balance and hit their heads on the treadmill's power panel or something :$

There is nothing wrong with this...
    I am currently in the process of recovering from a few major knee injuries, and walking backwards on a treadmill is one of the best ways to straighten out your knee and stretch your hamstrings if you are recovering from knee surgeries. Overall it's also a great knee exercise in general.

These older folks probably know what they are doing, so I wouldn't worry about it .
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I can say as a newb to lifting...I went and asked for help regarding a CLEAN. I wanted someone to watch my form. I was planning to do either just a bar with no weight or dumbells. The first reaction I got was "...what?..." and then I did the movement....the guy literally said "yeah...don't do that...to much risk of injury...stick to the machines..."

:noway:

I moved away feeling deflated.
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    How do you use 3 treadmills at one time? I'm so confused on that one... LOL!

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    So glad I have my own gym in my house now....I don't have to worry about any of this anymore and haven't for about 7 years now. LOVE having everything right here....don't have to worry about going out in the cold, or if the gym closed for a holiday or re-carpeting.....
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    Some people ask why, I ask why not?

^^ This times 10.

People just need to mind their own business at the gym. Let everyone else do what they want/what works for them.
    You don't know their back story, their experience level...or anything about them!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Rocking out air band style on a treadmill
    wearing makeup and not realizing it has run all the way down your face
    And the latest and greatest: bleeding completely through your sock and shoe (i didn't know!) though I don't know if it was visible or not

Yes, that's me on the drums. I stopped wearing mascara EVER because I would forget about it until I pulled a black towel away from my sweaty face. I knew I'd knicked my leg on the weight bar, but didn't realize I was bleeding THAT bad - someone yelled at me for dripping.
This discussion has been closed.