Replies

• kimastbury
    kimastbury Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SO entertaining :-)
  • EvaD12
    EvaD12 Posts: 49
    Options
    i see older folks walking on the treadmill backwards... *cringe* it's like watching a train wreck; you can't take your eyes off the scene. i am so afraid they will lose balance and hit their heads on the treadmill's power panel or something :$

as well, i saw a woman bring her four-year-old daughter into the health club with her to run on the treadmill. a trainer thankfully put a stop to it, but the woman was very angry, saying, "but she has to run with me, she's got to lose weight!"

i see loads of weird things in general; i live in china and people usually don't go to the gym to workout, and therefore have no idea how to safely or properly use the equipment.

Hehe I live in Beijing and see some amazing stuff at the gym, yesterday there was a women in heels and a tutu (think black swan) on the treadmill, I was told off once by the staff for using the weights as I'm a girl and shouldn't use them. So many more..
  • Aldrichn
    Aldrichn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    5 minutes into my 45min cardio session, a lady turned the channel of the TV in front of my treadmill to Toddlers and tiaras. I don't know what was worse...that lady's gumption or that horrific program I was forced to watch.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...How about the scrawny guys that walk around with their arms pulled away from their body as if their muscles are so big they cant just relax their arms down to their sides... I feel like saying, yo dude, put your arms down... Wtf.
    In one of the gyms I used to lift at, there was a "curl bro" (jacked upper body atop a pair of legs that looked like he was riding a chicken) who walked around with his arms so far out to the sides it almost looked like he was playing airplane. If you looked at him as he walked by, he would unconsciously hit a sort of "most muscular" pose (Google it if you need the visual). We would purposely look at him every time he walked past, just for laughs. I think he spent more time ogling himself in the mirrors than he actually did lifting.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I hate waiting on the 5 guys who are hogging the bench press area while they sit there, socialize, and every 5 minutes of so one of them might crank out 6 reps with horrible form...all while their skinny little chicken legs look as though they've never seen a leg press machine, done a squat, or God forbid, a calf raise!!!

Or this morning, there was a guy who was singing along very loudly to every single song on his mp3 player. So annoying!
  • eamespo
    eamespo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you're also forgetting wearing tons of jewelery and perfume... make me gack
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else read these threads just to see if anyone at their gym has posted about them? Its a little like reading the missed encounters in Craig's list, just waiting to read something about yourself even knowing the probability is really low and the inevitable outcome is that you have a stalker.

So, I am waiting to hear about:
    Dancing in the squat rack
    Rocking out air band style on a treadmill
    Eating in the middle of a workout
    Squatting in socks
    wearing makeup and not realizing it has run all the way down your face
    And the latest and greatest: bleeding completely through your sock and shoe (i didn't know!) though I don't know if it was visible or not
  • devastation77
    Options
    Except for the times you see guys in the locker room primping themselves before they go up for a train.
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    my tkd class is only 3 times a week. so on off days i go in the back room where they do classes and stuff to work out when it isnt busy.. any who.. pisses me off when i go in there and see that none has cleaned up after themselves. so before i get to my work out i have to spend 10 min. picking up mats, fetching balls and putting them back on the rack, moving equipment off the floor, and collecting 5 lb weights and putting them back in the basket. its annoying as hell... but i dont b#tch to much. just gives me a little more exercise. just frustrating when i got things planned out , and have things timed... then there is the odd looks when im in there doing my thing..and then people coming up and telling me how they use to do it and then go on to quiz me on techniques. lol..that they obviously dont know how to do...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    My morning rant. Why the F... Would a trainer put someone onto a smith machine to do dead lifts when there is a perfectly good Olympic bar just sitting there. Then to make matters worse she had her doing alternate grips and no the trainee was not lifting huge weights. At the most 30lbs.

Reminds me of when I was in a crowded gym with limited olympic bars. A trainer had one of the few full sized bars, which was heavy for her client so she only put little weights on. O.K., so now it weighs so little, you could've used a smaller bar, or even one of the many fixed bars? Then, because the weights are so small, the bar's too low, so the trainer then got two sets of steps to sit under each end of the bar.... Have you got enough stuff now? Do you maybe want a bench for.... Oh! O.K., I see you're using that bench as a table for your water bottle.
    Great.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've not seen too many bad things at the gym really, maybe I am too much in "my" zone to take much notice, but the one thing I dont understand is ladies who wear make-up when they are going to an aqua-aerobics class... that is only gonna end up with the wearer looking like Alice Cooper!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else read these threads just to see if anyone at their gym has posted about them? Its a little like reading the missed encounters in Craig's list, just waiting to read something about yourself even knowing the probability is really low and the inevitable outcome is that you have a stalker.

Squatting in socks
    And the latest and greatest: bleeding completely through your sock and shoe (i didn't know!) though I don't know if it was visible or not

^^ the only one of those I haven't done is eating during a workout! Ha!

Yesterday a dude came in to the gym in his FedEx uniform and did a full on workout....
  • DarciesMam
    Options
    Girls who come to the gym with their hair all done up and their makeup caked on. Are you here to get in shape or for a photoshoot?

Unless you actually know them you're judgement is baseless. Not everyone has time to change before going to the gym. They could be coming from work, meetings etc where they needed/wanted to look good.

And even if they are dressing up just for the gym, who cares? If it makes them feel better about themselves what harm. It's not affecting anyone but themselves.

I agree with you there! I wear make up to the gym but i wear make up every day.. its a confidence thing.... im not dressing myself up to go to the gym, its just that I happen to still have my makeup on when i go....
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I usually get the gym to myself so don't really see anything interesting, but the other day there was a guy, he'd do a set of sit-ups then leap up lift his shirt and check his abs in the mirror. He did this about 15 times. I was just like okay???
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The guy that had to take his shirt off apparently because he was too sweaty and then start to bench. And of course didn't wipe the bench down after so it was soaked.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    The guy who reached down his shorts, readjusted his junk (no big deal so far - not, you know, awesome, but no big deal) and then SNIFFED HIS FINGERS before walking off to another machine.

OMG. Gross. Grosser than gross.

Ew.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I've really seen that's made me go WTF.. was the guy who chose the treadmill next to mine in a room where there were 5 other treadmills and NO ONE ELSE in there.. and started running... and then took off his shirt.

Not really sure if he was trying to impress me - There were plenty of other prettier, thinner, single women to choose from.. but yeah, it was something special.
  • lillenisse
    lillenisse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My morning rant. Why the F... Would a trainer put someone onto a smith machine to do dead lifts when there is a perfectly good Olympic bar just sitting there. Then to make matters worse she had her doing alternate grips and no the trainee was not lifting huge weights. At the most 30lbs.

Reminds me of when I was in a crowded gym with limited olympic bars. A trainer had one of the few full sized bars, which was heavy for her client so she only put little weights on. O.K., so now it weighs so little, you could've used a smaller bar, or even one of the many fixed bars? Then, because the weights are so small, the bar's too low, so the trainer then got two sets of steps to sit under each end of the bar.... Have you got enough stuff now? Do you maybe want a bench for.... Oh! O.K., I see you're using that bench as a table for your water bottle.
    Great.

Ha ha ha! The above is hilarious. I love this thread!
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Personally, I rummage through my cupboard and grab any shorts & t shirt combo I can find.
    But there is one guy in particular at my gym who is ALWAYS matching.
    He has 4 gym " outfits " that he alternates.
    When he's done, he get's changed and his track suits also match whatever he's wearing on the day.
    He's in very good shape, so at first I thought maybe he was some sort of pro athlete who was provided with training gear.
    Then I thought, maybe the routine and organisation of the outfits is very important to his mindset.
    Having spoken to him and gotten to know him though, he's just very concerned about " feeling like I look nice when I train ".
    He's a really nice fella and takes jokes about it very well - but I can't help laughing.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Squatting in socks

Girl what did you do to your feet to cause the bleeding...OUCH! I am with ya on the dancing in the squat rack...gotta do something in between sets. If I were to air bad on the treadmill it would be an huge FAIL. Eating during workout I have done...I have limited time man!

LOL OK so I take a body pump class a couple days a week and apparently Friday's are inappropriate gym attire nights (looking forward to tonight) well one Friday there was a guy that came into class with cut off sweat pants....fine and dandy if they were cut to right under his cheeks....well we got to the deadlift section of the class and when he bent over, there was a HUGE hole in the shorts and his berries wrapped in his tighty whities stuck out. Hard not to chuckle...being I have a mind of a 12 year old boy.
This discussion has been closed.