weight lifting results for women plz!

hello everynone I was looking for some weight lifting tips... I just started a few weeks ago, and I would like to know if thier are any women out there willing to share some sucess stories with pictures please.. and feel free to add me as a friend... thanks:smile:

Replies

• sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    bump

I am interested in this topic as well
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    My profile picture is about 6 months change from NROL4W. Not even finished with the program yet :-) (PS Only about 2 pounds difference in the pictures)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    I hope to be a success story one day...I just recently started with weights again, I fell out of shape after an injury & all my hard work was undone :(
  • runettethomas
    runettethomas Posts: 60 Member
    My profile picture is about 6 months change from NROL4W. Not even finished with the program yet :-) (PS Only about 2 pounds difference in the pictures)
    wow that's awesome! you look great by the way!!! thanks for sharing...:smile:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    You can see my general progression in my profile pictures.

I am only 5 lbs lighter than when I started MFP now yet look at the photo in the pink sports bra vs. earlier photos. Definitely a difference due to change in body composition.
  • runettethomas
    You can see my general progression in my profile pictures.

I am only 5 lbs lighter than when I started MFP now yet look at the photo in the pink sports bra vs. earlier photos. Definitely a difference due to change in body composition.
    looking good.... thanks for sharing:smile:
  • raycolvin
    raycolvin Posts: 23 Member
    oh man! if only I had known a looong time ago, what wonders weightlifting actually does to women! I started intense weightlifting about a few months back...after being a dedicated gym member for weight circuits and cardio...and completing a few workout programs from Jillian Michaels.
    I have my progress on my instagram -@liivefortoday
    You have instagram?
    and I'm not sure if i have uploaded progress pictures on here...i should get on that...and OH. i would love to be your friend!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Bump
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Also a NROL4W fan here. Can't post at the moment but there's a before pic in my profile.
  • runettethomas
    oh man! if only I had known a looong time ago, what wonders weightlifting actually does to women! I started intense weightlifting about a few months back...after being a dedicated gym member for weight circuits and cardio...and completing a few workout programs from Jillian Michaels.
    I have my progress on my instagram -@liivefortoday
    You have instagram?
    and I'm not sure if i have uploaded progress pictures on here...i should get on that...and OH. i would love to be your friend!
    thanks so much :wink:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    hello everynone I was looking for some weight lifting tips... I just started a few weeks ago, and I would like to know if thier are any women out there willing to share some sucess stories with pictures please.. and feel free to add me as a friend... thanks:smile:

here is my flickr feed of my progression pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/53944838@N05/sets/72157630114535644/

I will tell you, even with the machines at the gym, I saw progress.

this was before I started at the gym. Notice the back rolls.
    7729114768_eeefdd2e34_m.jpg
    IMG00184-20111007-0934 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is about 6 months in..EXACT same outfit. Notice the lack of back rolls... ( excuse the blurriness, my 6yo took the picture)
    7719009094_f62ecbece8_m.jpg
    IMG00566-20120621-1238 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

and here is kind of a before and after...the left is 3 years ago, before I hit my all time high of 228lbs. I was 188-199lbs. The picture on the right is less than 2 months ago--I was 195lbs.

8213431311_eecd2df7b1_m.jpg
    gray top pics by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    This was my upper body result of weight lifting for about 2 months, from a couple of years ago.

20i8gfn.jpg
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Hi, I started strength training in January 2012. Here's the progress I've made:
    January 2012 and here’s where I started:

Neck: 15.5”
    Chest: 46”
    Shoulders: 50”
    Waist: 50”
    Hips: 49”
    Biceps: 16.5”
    Thighs: 25”
    Calves: 16.5”
    Body fat: 39%

January 2013:

Neck: 13.5” (-2)
    Chest: 37” (-9)
    Shoulders: 45”(-5)
    Waist: 40” (-10)
    Hips: 44” (-5)
    Biceps: 15” (-1.5)
    Thighs: 22.5”(-2.5)
    Calves: 14” (-2.5)
    Body fat: 33%

Hope this helps!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    i dont have before pics but
    <--- my profile pic is now
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    subbing
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    I don't have pictures right now, BUT I was very successful with Jamie Eason's LiveFit program.
    The whole 12 week trainer plus nutrition guide can be found here. It's free! Good luck!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Been doing the new rules of lifting for women as well its a fantastic book the diet is reasonable though i tried a few other things i think i will go back to following it again. Dont be cafraid of bulking i was at first but that just isnt possible :)
  • runettethomas

here is my flickr feed of my progression pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/53944838@N05/sets/72157630114535644/

I will tell you, even with the machines at the gym, I saw progress.

this was before I started at the gym. Notice the back rolls.
    7729114768_eeefdd2e34_m.jpg
    IMG00184-20111007-0934 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is about 6 months in..EXACT same outfit. Notice the lack of back rolls... ( excuse the blurriness, my 6yo took the picture)
    7719009094_f62ecbece8_m.jpg
    IMG00566-20120621-1238 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

and here is kind of a before and after...the left is 3 years ago, before I hit my all time high of 228lbs. I was 188-199lbs. The picture on the right is less than 2 months ago--I was 195lbs.

8213431311_eecd2df7b1_m.jpg
    gray top pics by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
    looking great thanks for sharing!!! I see a big difference
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    collage2.jpg

I lost most of my weight with cardio (did use some light dumbbells and a little Pilates over the years as well) and started lifting heavy last April. Injured myself in August and just started back last week.
  • runettethomas
    This was my upper body result of weight lifting for about 2 months, from a couple of years ago.

20i8gfn.jpg
    you look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!