weight lifting results for women plz!

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    I wish I knew what weight training would do to me I would have started YEARS ago.... I am just now down the NROWT book and it was life changing. I am working on building my own routine based on what I used in this program and others that I have found.

Still working on it but I LOVE strength training. I lost over 50lbs on it gone from size 16 to size 8 using this program and training with 15 minute run as a warm up. Combined with healthy eating.

I LOVE IT!!!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Difference in just 8 weeks of doing Stronglifts 5 x 5. Wish I had started years ago

2w5r43o.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Some inspiration, particularly for all the Mom's out there (as I am a mum of two beautiful children and our bodies are changed forever with each one :wink: )

SW: 181.5
    SBF%: 31.9%
    CW: 167
    CBF%: 25%
    GW: 160

Day 1 was Jan 1, Day 83 was yesterday
    19593344_4703.jpg

Day 8:
    xlxetu.jpg

Day 83 (yesterday):
    19593344_3666.jpg

This was taken four days ago
    19593344_6317.jpg
  • ZTazlor
    ZTazlor Posts: 65 Member
    Difference in just 8 weeks of doing Stronglifts 5 x 5. Wish I had started years ago

2w5r43o.jpg

WOWZA!! Two months?? That's amazing. You're my hero.
  • 13mjames
    13mjames Posts: 17 Member
    Bump :)
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Great inspiration! I originally lost 56lbs after I had my 3rd baby and was in a size 8, now I don't do a lot of strength training, but we do it as part of our cardio kickboxing class (we do a warm up and stretch, the 15 min of resistance training, then 15-20 min against the heavy bag and then 10-15 of abs) and I'm now a size 4/6 and have a lot of definition in my upper body and even some ab definition, which is cool at 41 with 3 kds 3, 5 and 7. Wish I had done all this before kids!
  • Wow. I have been one of 5 or 6 women who lift on another board for 3 years. I wish I would have know you guys were all out there. I would have joined mfp right away.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    BUMP. Amazing results!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    I lift 6 days a week for around 1 hour a day and I do cardio 1+ hours a day normally. I still have a ways to go but:

Before 285lbs
    yutiuyyuoiuo.jpg

Now:
    facepics.png

June20121014.jpg
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    :happy:
    I lift 6 days a week for around 1 hour a day and I do cardio 1+ hours a day normally. I still have a ways to go but:

Before 285lbs
    yutiuyyuoiuo.jpg

Now:
    facepics.png

June20121014.jpg

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! KUDOS!!! How long did this transformation take? What are you eating? I want to be just like you!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member

Before 285lbs
    yutiuyyuoiuo.jpg

Now:
    facepics.png

June20121014.jpg

Awesome job!!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    These results were done in about a year but this last year I have maintained my weight and built muscle even though I want to lose another 40. My biggest issue is I am starting a bakery in the spring so I am making all kinds of stuff I shouldn't eat haha! I have major issues with food and at this point I am exercising to eat which I know isn't healthy. Figures, right?

At my most successful I was eating very clean but I was also allowing myself some leeway. Once a week my husband and I go out to eat and I get whatever I want, dessert included. I don't believe in denying myself because it brings on binges. Its all about balance. ;)

I go through phases with my breakfasts. Here are a few : 4 egg whites and 1 egg and a banana, protein shakes and a banana, oat cereal and a banana, yoplait frozen smoothies and a protein bar and now I am on dole shakers and a protein bar...haha

I normally have a salad for lunch every day with some canned fruit in water, grapes, banana, etc or leftovers.

Dinners are usually low carb and normal type of foods. I almost never use mixes and I make almost everything homemade. I recently found out I had a gluten sensitivity and that has made a HUGE difference in my weight loss so far. Honestly I think that's why I haven't lost as much weight as I should have this last year. I literally gain like 4lbs over night if I touch the stuff. I obviously cant cut gluten out of my diet 100% when I am a baker but its pretty rare for me to eat it unless I am trying the things I bake or kind of get sucked into it when people around me want to order pizza or something like that.

Snacks: popcorn, fruit, dole lime bars...actually here is a link to some:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Dauntlessness/view/the-snacks-i-eat-the-most-189226

I hope that helps :)
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    bump
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    bump
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Been at this 2 yrs...but the last Yr I have been going heavy on the weights.....and currently 11th week of Jamie Eason so check fo my results....Started 207 and now in the 140's...5'4

IMG_20130226_051633_zps29af4f8f.jpg

IMG_20130310_110454_zpsa1b64de4.jpg

A few months ago....
    IMG_20130111_080435_zpsc7531b48.jpg
  • bump!
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    You women look GORGEOUS!!! :) LOVE seeing/hearing women lift.
  • Melli_81
    Melli_81 Posts: 13
    You women look GORGEOUS!!! :) LOVE seeing/hearing women lift.

^^ this

& bump!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    <3 lifting

LBEB_zps8f02c51c.jpg
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    bump for inspiration! You gals totally rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!