weight lifting results for women plz!

Options

Replies

• runettethomas
    runettethomas Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    collage2.jpg

I lost most of my weight with cardio (did use some light dumbbells and a little Pilates over the years as well) and started lifting heavy last April. Injured myself in August and just started back last week.
    you look amazing!!!!!!!!
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I don't have pics, but I've stayed pretty close to the same weight but have lost 3% body fat since starting heavy lifting. And my knees hurt less and I can see a real difference in my arms and legs. The flabby flap under my arm is much much tighter!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    This is me..before dec 2011 weight about 210... after jan 2013 weight 206..

I did gain 30lbs in between that time and just about lost it all now.. this is between lifting as much as I can and Zumba.

ry%3D400
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Bump

I will post pics later but I've had a lot of success weight lifting. I started with NROL4W and ended that back in November of last year. I loved it. Now I am doing Cathe's STS program which is kicking my butt but delivering awesome rewards. I hit 50 lbs lost today so am planning on taking another pic to post a before and during which will better show results. Good luck!
  • Louder4
    Louder4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love seeing all of these fantastic results!
  • runettethomas
    Options
    This is me..before dec 2011 weight about 210... after jan 2013 weight 206..

I did gain 30lbs in between that time and just about lost it all now.. this is between lifting as much as I can and Zumba.

ry%3D400
    oh wow!! you look much leaner!!!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I feel it too.. I can now wear size large.. in that first pic I was in a 2xl and size 18w pants..
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Before, then at a little below my goal weight, after a year of lifting with machines, and after switching to free weights.

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_1293-copy.jpg

IMG_1288-copy.jpg

IMG_1297-copy.jpg
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Before, then at a little below my goal weight, after a year of lifting with machines, and after switching to free weights.

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_1293-copy.jpg

IMG_1288-copy.jpg

IMG_1297-copy.jpg

Must take cold shower...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Attention *kitten* time!!! weeeee

11614737_7941.jpg
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I hope to be lifting weights again soon. I have had 4 surgeries past 3 years and have been unable to do weights. I have started cardio for sure and 15 lb lost. I am hoping I can hire on my trainer then go for broke with him. I know that the last time prior to my 2nd child and surgeries I had lost 25 lbs with cardio and free weights and feeling damn good. My body looked so much sexier as well as my clothes fit so much better.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Ok, I totally suck with uploading pix to the forums, but I'm sending a friend request now! My current profile pic shows my results from my first round of a weight lifting program called ChaLEAN Extreme. I'm on Round 2 now :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I took my before pic today (a week into lifting). I'll post it with an after if I ever see enough to be worth showing off!
  • RobynMWilson
    Options
    Ok...Here's my results from ChaLEAN Extreme, Round 1. Round 2 will be done in a month:

9tk76c.jpg

e8weog.jpg

Hope I did these right...it's been a while lol
  • RobynMWilson
    Options
    And here's my pics after Round 1 of P90X:

15x39r4.jpg
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Before
    007-1.jpg

After Insanity and a round of Chalean Extreme =)
    me.jpg
  • moraid
    moraid Posts: 10
    Options
    This is just the inspiration I needed. You all look fantastic!!!
  • runettethomas
    Options

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_1293-copy.jpg

IMG_1288-copy.jpg

IMG_1297-copy.jpg
    wow!!!!! you look amazing..... so now im wondering should I use free weights vs the machines?
  • RobynMWilson
    Options

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_1293-copy.jpg

IMG_1288-copy.jpg

IMG_1297-copy.jpg
    wow!!!!! you look amazing..... so now im wondering should I use free weights vs the machines?

I got gym results at home using free weights and looks like she had better results with free weights, as well!
  • runettethomas
    Options
    Ok...Here's my results from ChaLEAN Extreme, Round 1. Round 2 will be done in a month:

9tk76c.jpg

e8weog.jpg

Hope I did these right...it's been a while lol
    wow!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!