weight lifting results for women plz!

Options

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The scale isn't everything. I've been lifting for almost 5 months. I've gained 5 lbs and dropped 2 sized. Not to mention how much stronger I am. I can deadlift more than my body weight.

December, 184 lbs
    BeforeLiveFit.jpg

April, 189 lbs
    041713Progress_zpsf1573f75.jpg

Awesome that you gained weight and still lost two dress sizes. If you don't mind me asking, How tall are you? and What size are you in vs. where you started?

Thanks :smile: I'm 5'10. Went from 14-10 (ish) depending on the brand - you know how it goes.
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    great work . im new to lifting xxxx
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

I do need a spotter and sometimes someone to help me get, for example, 100 lbs in position for front squats. I do 4 reps when I workout and to ask somebody to help me all four times just seems like I would be annoying them.

Yeah I get that. Why not switch to back squats? Honestly I tried fronts for a while but my wrists couldn't handle as much weight as my legs can. I personally switch from dumbbell bench press (which I prefer for stability reasons) to barbell once I get to a certain weight so that I can do it alone!

Thank you for your help! Maybe I just need to change things up a bit! :smile:

Do you have a squat rack at the gym? You can get into position with front squats the same as back squats. Set the bad to around shoulder height, load it up, walk in, get under it with your arms and wrists sets right, and walk backwards unracking the bar.
  • DFineMrsRicks
    DFineMrsRicks Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    8346277354_a6132d02f8.jpg

Wow, incredibly Strong muscular legs, so inspiring to see that photo! My goal is to continue to build a strong/healthy body and have muscular legs like this. Appreciate you sharing your results!:drinker:

[/quote]

Before, then at a little below my goal weight, after a year of lifting with machines, and after switching to free weights.

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_1293-copy.jpg

IMG_1288-copy.jpg

IMG_1297-copy.jpg

:heart: Lorina...I appreciate you posting these as I didn't realize you started out with machines for a year then free weights. I get a lot out of machines and I will continue adding free weights but to see the success you've had in stages inspires me greatly! I'm glad you thought to label them so we can see the differences!:wink: Thank you for sharing not only your photos but your methods of success in getting there!:drinker:

Hearts:heart:
  • suznut8
    suznut8 Posts: 28
    Options
    Everybody looks great!! So motivating!
    Lifting weights is so awesome :D:happy:
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    bump
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Alright, just bought the book off Amazon, it seems like a great thing to have & be informed. I'm currently doing P90 (or baby P90X, as I like to call it. XD), & am already thinking of what I'm going to do when I finish the 90 days (currently on day 16. w00t!) so any further tips & info would be awesome (by messages, MFP friends, or these wonderful forums).

My profile picture is about 6 months change from NROL4W. Not even finished with the program yet :-) (PS Only about 2 pounds difference in the pictures)

Wow, You look amazing!

What is NROL4W?

Thanks for the inspiration.

Someone already answers but I think it bares repeating. The program is "New Rules of Lifting for Women" and it is a book with an exercise and eating plan geared to get women lifting heavy. I'd recommend it for anyone looking to throw their preconceived notions about bulking up out the window :laugh:
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So I've been weight lifting before the "before" picture. But this is a 5 week difference for me..
    http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w408/missmaddieyy/5weekdifferenceside.jpg
    http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w408/missmaddieyy/5weekdifference.jpg

This is 2% BF down and 5.5lbs down too
    Not really close to my goal yet but progress is progress!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational thread! You guys have given me the impetus I need to continue to weight lift. It makes me question why I hadn't started years ago!
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Everyone looks amazing
  • rivergirl5
    rivergirl5 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Amazing success!
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! Starting SL 5x5 this weekend!!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Posting my update since doing Stronglifts 5x5 and all things heavy. I have a bit of sagging skin from having kids but abs are peaking through despite it :laugh:

b4028c2eb76111e2bd6422000a9f12df_7.jpg
    1215ad27-ca5b-455a-9319-6177d79413ab_zpsc01856d6.jpg
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    One month difference, near the end of stage 1 of NROL4W.
    NROL4Wnearendstage13.png
    NROL4Wnearendstage1.png
    NROL4Wnearendstage12.png
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm still a fatty but I'll show you how I've done so far!

The story behind the photo: The one on the right where I am wearing the navy blue shirt is when I was 180 lbs in 2010. Since then, my weight went up to 220 and I lost 31 lbs. The one labeled 188.9 is a more current photo. Notice that I look smaller despite being 8.9 lbs heavier than I was back then (PS, you have to right click it and choose "view photo" because the photo is huge and I don't know how to resize it)

1889sidecomparison_zps25283763.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow you ladies look amazing!
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    SUPER WOW! I can't believe your results. This is such an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!