5 Truths about weight loss and people in general...

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Neitzche02_zps19131664.jpg

<3 my brain crush in FTW!!!!

And I personally would rather take my advice from someone who doesn't have another 50 lbs to lose, as well.
    Regardless of whether or not his ticker reflects his progress thus far (mine doesn't) it does reflect the road as of yet untravelled.

Sarauk has abs I'd like to see on me. Perhaps I shall take my advice from her.

I personally think that going from obese to healthy really is just a function of calories in calories out. I lost 40 lbs doing just that, and running 20 mins 3x's a week *gasp!*

Perhaps a little less "one size fits all" and a wee more flexibility in your ideas and respect for different ways of being in your manner of speech would serve you well.

he didn't say calories in calories out didn't work. Try reading with comprehension.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I was interested...until you said "calorie in calorie out is moronic."

So I lost 73 pounds putting less calories in and putting more calories out. And I'm not a moron. Tuned you right out.

^^^ This

Me too started really good then after that all I got was a buzzy static. Oh well!
  • Neitzche02_zps19131664.jpg

And I personally would rather take my advice from someone who doesn't have another 50 lbs to lose, as well.
    Regardless of whether or not his ticker reflects his progress thus far (mine doesn't) it does reflect the road as of yet untravelled.

I personally think that going from obese to healthy really is just a function of calories in calories out. I lost 40 lbs doing just that, and running 20 mins 3x's a week *gasp!*

Perhaps a little less "one size fits all" and a wee more flexibility in your ideas and respect for different ways of being in your manner of speech would serve you well.

he didn't say calories in calories out didn't work. Try reading with comprehension.

Omg thank you! I was about to say te same thing. People get so damn butthurt on here...
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Lots of broscience here. Let's first see some peer reviewed clinical studies that actually support some of the claims.

They're talking about "insulin resistance". "Swingy insulin" isn't a term, but "insulin resistance" is real. I have to eat like a diabetic (lower carbs, lower sugar), eat six times per day, and take metformin to keep it under control. Otherwise, I'm ravenous all day every day, no matter how much food I eat. As in stomach growling, in pain, can't think straight hunger, not just "I want food". It was horrible. I'm so glad I'm on medicine and eating correctly now. I was a slave to that hunger for too many years. Now I can go 3-4 hours without food like "normal" people.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    So....when are you going to get to the "truths?"
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member

I'll go with Nietzche every time.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member

His exact words were:
    Ill work on the other 3 if people enjoy this first post....here is a preview:

3) Why calorie in calorie out is moronic......

That sounds pretty straightforward to me that he said calorie counting doesn't work.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member

Did you miss the part where op said "Why calorie in calorie out is moronic...... "???

haha. You're a real charmer.

I love the "ignore" feature on MFP <3
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Just to put it out there..

There is a way to disagree with people or to ask them to re-read something that you think they took out of context WITHOUT insulting them. :flowerforyou:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member

There is a way to disagree with people or to ask them to re-read something that you think they took out of context WITHOUT insulting them. :flowerforyou:

:drinker:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    It's very clear.

Long time users who have lost weight feel one way and dispute it with facts and proven results.

New people who still are trying to lose feel another and quickly resort to insults.

Hopefully the right people start getting banned for a change.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member

I haaaate Neitzche. But that's more or less because I am tired of reading him to exhaustive levels at every Lit/History/involving dead-white-men-who-couldn't-be-bothered-to-wrap-up-a-speaking-point-if-Twitter-bit-them-in-the-*kitten* turns. Seriously, the man should have just married the semi-colon and called it a day.
  • CorvusCorax77

I am sorry if I offend with my "real charmer" but it was the calling a MFP user both a "moron" and a "h0" and then telling me I don't have reading comprehension because i interpret the sentence "why calories in calories out is moronic" as implying that OP feels calories in calories out is, um, moronic.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,894 Member
    So....when are you going to get to the "truths?"
    Here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/663552-the-undeniably-best-way-to-lose-weight?hl=the+most+undeniable

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    I'd like to hear more.
  • moosegt35

His exact words were:
    Ill work on the other 3 if people enjoy this first post....here is a preview:

3) Why calorie in calorie out is moronic......

That sounds pretty straightforward to me that he said calorie counting doesn't work.

No, it doesn't mean that at all. Shoveling snow is moronic if you are clearing out your driveway and tossing all the snow onto your front porch. Cal counting by itself is moronic, its about eating the right calories and nutrients that your body needs and when it needs them. Comprehension.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

I am sorry if I offend with my "real charmer" but it was the calling a MFP user both a "moron" and a "h0" and then telling me I don't have reading comprehension because i interpret the sentence "why calories in calories out is moronic" as implying that OP feels calories in calories out is, um, moronic.

Oh no hun..lol. That wasn't to you :)
  • CorvusCorax77

I haaaate Neitzche. But that's more or less because I am tired of reading him to exhaustive levels at every Lit/History/involving dead-white-men-who-couldn't-be-bothered-to-wrap-up-a-speaking-point-if-Twitter-bit-them-in-the-*kitten* turns. Seriously, the man should have just married the semi-colon and called it a day.

LOL.
    But he IS SO GREAT!
    Didn't you read Ecce Homo?!?!

:laugh:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member

He does that. Kind of a douche like that, he is. His introduction to MFP has since been deleted as it was too full of insults to keep up. He kinda a *kitten* like that.
  • moosegt35

I guess you missed the word "WHY" in that sentence in which he hasn't got to elaborate on becasue of all of the people jumping to their defenses saying that it isn't moronic.
This discussion has been closed.