DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I once cried at the store because my mom was buying Aunt Jemima Syrup. I was scared that the bottle would come to life on our table and start talking just like it did on the tv commercials.

Aw. Poor kid. :frown:

I believed there was a werewolf living under our basement stairs, so I ran up and down them super fast so he couldn't grab my feet. Open backed stairs :noway: terrifying.

Also, if you swallowed bubblegum, your bum would stick shut and you wouldn't be able to poop. Thanks, Grandpa.

OMGSH ME TOO!!! but not a werewolf....idk what but i was so afraid once i turned that light off something was gonna get me if i didnt fly up those stairs and get into a room lol....if i watch a scary movie when my husbands not home i still fly up the stairs lol
  • jc2103
    jc2103 Posts: 11
    Options
    That there is an invisible man in the sky. He has 10 things he doesn't want us to do. If we do any of these things he will send us to a very hot place called hell where we will be tortured and burn forever....but....he loves us. ;-)
    And he needs money!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I was pretty much convinced that there was a monster under my parents bed. So in the middle of the night, if I had to talk to my mum, I would be at least 2 feet away from the bed and lean forward allowing my hands to drop on the side of the bed and having the capability to whisper for her to wake up. I also believed the monster disappeared once mom was awake.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    My parents always told me that if I heard noises at night, it was the boogieman looking for kids that were still awake... I shut my eyes tight every night and didn't move a bit.... Yeah okay laugh it up...it took me years to really figure out what those noises were.... :blushing:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    When I would get those little ulcers on my tongue from acidic food, my mom called them "lie bumps" and said I had been lying too much. I believed that one for a long time.

Also, when I was a kid there was this old lady at my church that was missing her middle finger. I asked my mom what happened and she said the lady flipped someone the bird and they cut her finger off. BWAHAHAHA! I was horrified. I later found out she lost it in a incident where a log fell on it.

Thank mom!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'll just put the tip in...

Windy!!! Thank you for my laugh of the DAY!!!
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Men
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Windy!!! Thank you for my laugh of the DAY!!!

LMAO.... so funny!!!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    When I was a child I believed no one could see me if I hid my head under the blanket. :wink:
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Oh ya...forgot that part...HE NEEDS MONEY!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    That mirrors were gateways to other worlds populated by evil demonic creatures who wanted to pull me in. I refused to ever be around large mirrors.
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My childrens father told me that Jack rabbits existed and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jack rabbits. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!

Jackrabbits do exist ... http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/jackrabbit/

Unless he was talking about magical ones or sumthin ...

He may have been talking about Jackalopes....I grew up in South Dakota and they're a popular legend....part jackrabbit part antelope. :smile:
  • Bulldogmomma3
    Bulldogmomma3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

BWAHAHAHA! =)
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When I was REALLY young I used to think the world used to be black & white, because all old pictures were in black & white.

Shutup I was a kid!!

That's too cute. :)
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love all of these hahaha

When I was little, my uncle taught me and my cousins that saskatoon berries were called "poozonkies"... we called them that for years. Same uncle taught us that the big balls on tall power lines were "airplane eggs," and if we saw a broken one (which happened a few times), we got excited and thought we'd be able to see a baby airplane. Sheesh.
  • abrewer563
    Options
    My mom used to convince me on my birthday I would turn into a boy, so every year (up until I was like 7) I would be terrified for my birthday because I wanted to stay girl. :grumble: Pretty mean of her!

I was also convinced you could get pregnant from drinking out of the water fountain after a boy... Real pathetic.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I told my friend my brother could beat up his brother, I think he started that rant though. Well I ended up getting my brother beat up.
  • zmoreno10
    zmoreno10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I laughed so hard when I read this... wow
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have any car dealerships around that use the giant lights criss-crossing in the sky at night on Friday nights They do that to attract customers. When I was a kid I thought it was " The Goverment" looking for U.F.O.s lol...
  • nnoifeld
    nnoifeld Posts: 116
    Options
    That if you stood too close to the tv you'd go blind!