Options

Replies

• calisunrise
    Options
    spot reduction
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    That there was a serial killer in my closet, under my bed and living in all basements I stepped foot in alone.

...and I still seem to think this.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    That butter spray was 0 calories no matter how much I sprayed.

That Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy existed/
  • alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    Options
    I used to think that everything on tv was live, even if I was using the VCR. I always wondered how the actors knew when I put the tape in and what would happen if someone else was already watching their tape.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    i was about 7...and watching some cartoons..my sister..who was 12 or 13 at the time convinced me that if she stood on my feet and pushed me back..i wouldnt fall cause I just watched a cartoon...well I fell...and was pissed..but then here is hers

My mom always told us not to let a boy touch us...otherwise we would become pregnant..sis was in middle school..(mid 1970s) and we thought..thats kind of weird.

We were home and watched an episode of Love American Style. This one was about an alien that was touched by a man and got pregnant on her arm..My sister freaked..ran to my mom...all crying and said she was pregnant..of course my mom freaked out more and said how...sis replied..a boy touched her arm...

I still laugh at that one..
  • JennMarieFitz
    JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I was little, my dad used to mess with me because I was a picky eater. He told me once that peas were the little things inside of green beans, trying to convince me to eat peas, since I LOVED green beans. Joke's on him, because I stopped eating green beans. He also told me that refried beans were dog poop, and I stopped eating them for a year. (I was 4/5 at the time)
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I believed that the horses in our barn could talk at midnight on Christmas Eve. I could never stay up late enough to sneak in and check. I was 14 before I checked and even then I swore they only stopped because they knew I was there.
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that country songs were old rock and roll songs that didn't sound "rock and roll" anymore... lol
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    When I was REALLY little (like 4 or 5) I thought that the people who were waving behind Matt & Katie on the Today Show could see me through the TV and that's why they were waving. Used to scare the *kitten* out of me.

I used to be freaked out that people could see me from inside the TV too LOL
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'll just put the tip in...

lmfao!!!!
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That eating too much sugar gives you worms.
    Having studied parasitology a bit I know logically that it makes no sense, but whenever I see people piling sugar onto cereal/tea I'm like:
    o.O the sugar woooooormmss..
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    That zombies are real!

...they're not, right?

No, it's vampires that are real.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Sux when you say this but don't mean it but then she is like you are the only one who ever stuck to what he said
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    La llorona....Google it...Its horrible and my people teach their kids about this woman all the time. My grandpa used to say if we didnt go to bed on time she was going to appear in our windows.. :(
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I grew up very sheltered and i actually really believed money grew from trees.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options

I could never eat mayo as a kid because my cousins told me that mayo came from an old man with pimples and he squeezed them all into a jar at night and left them on people's porches. True or not, that was the reason I could not eat mayo or watch anyone eat mayo or get it even on my finger. I'd practically throw up when I'd see the dollop of mayo on cottage cheese or jello! It is still gross to this day, but I can eat it now in small amounts.

I remember that! I couldn't eat it either because of that story.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I thought the lady on Romper Room would suck me into the television when she used the magic mirror at the end of the show, so I always hid from her during that part.

She never did say my name. :tongue:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My parents told me I could grow up to be a jet fighter pilot if I wanted to. It was how they encouraged me to study math and science. I had model fighter planes (okay, and space ships) all over my bedroom.

I totally believed them until we had a "career" day in the 8th grade when a Navy officer totally screwed up my whole future plan by telling me that it was impossible for a woman to become a fighter pilot.

I think his exact words were: "In America we do not put our women in combat. But you could become a mechanic or any of a million other jobs in the US Navy women hold currently."

I was crushed. It was kind of a defining moment for me. I lost interest in school and barely graduated. I also became a feminist at that moment, even though I didn't know what that meant.

So maybe it wasn't dumb to believe I could grow up to be a jet fighter pilot, but it was sure depressing to learn that I could only be a fighter pilot if I was born with a y chromosome. :frown:
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options

This would be the dumbest thing i got someone ELSE to believe...

Goddamn men.. :tongue:
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    That mustard was made of crushed cat eyes. My cousins were evil.

I could never eat mayo as a kid because my cousins told me that mayo came from an old man with pimples and he squeezed them all into a jar at night and left them on people's porches. True or not, that was the reason I could not eat mayo or watch anyone eat mayo or get it even on my finger. I'd practically throw up when I'd see the dollop of mayo on cottage cheese or jello! It is still gross to this day, but I can eat it now in small amounts.
    Oh man I loved Mayo unti this lol