DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Eating grapes would make my boobs grow. FALSE!
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that unicorns were real, but they lived in the clouds so we never saw them. I was very proud of myself for figuring that out when all the grown ups in the world still hadn't. lol I don't know where I got that idea. I also thought if I sorted my Lite-Bright pegs by color a unicorn could come down and talk to me if it wanted to. They never did. :cry:
  • enb5056
    enb5056 Posts: 31
    Options
    My sister convinced me that we had to hold our breath when driving near a cemetery, or the evil spirits would go inside of us. I seriously believed in this till I was a teenager, and hated going some places because I had to hold my breath for a really long time.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Obama.
  • thecanface
    Options
    JK.. I never believed that clown.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    My childrens father told me that Jack rabbits existed and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jack rabbits. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!

What kind of jack rabbits was he talking about? Jackrabbits are real.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    My childrens father told me that jackalopesexisted and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jackalopes. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!

Edited: I meant jackalopes! Sorry! :flowerforyou:

Okay, that clears it up :smile:
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I thought the handicapped parking spots were for people who were in a rush to go to the bathroom. Thought it was a guy on the toilet. True story.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    One of the things I haven't seen mentioned here is: believing that putting urine in the ear helps an earache...Am I the only one that was ever told that?
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Obama.

Easy...you'll get this thread locked!! SMH!
  • thecanface
    Options
    When I was a kid, I thought the handicapped parking spots were for people who were in a rush to go to the bathroom. Thought it was a guy on the toilet. True story.

MY FAVORITE ONE!! so creative : )
  • thecanface
    Options
    Obama.

Easy...you'll get this thread locked!! SMH!

hahaahahahhaa alright alright.. i sush :indifferent:
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My great grandma used to tell me that her car wouldn't start until I had my seat belt on
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    That my parents walked to school as kids in snow wind storms all year round... UP HILL BOTH WAYS!

Believed it till I hear some guy tell his kid/grandchild the exact same story....
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My older cousin told me that men and women touch nipples and a "period" passes from the man to the woman through their nipple. The period then moves into the woman's stomach and grows into a baby.
  • Blondie1984
    Blondie1984 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ahaha mine was that my parents walked to school BAREFOOT in wind storms all year round. My dad has 10 brothers and sisters and he use to say they had one pair of shoes so whoever woke up and left the earliest got shoes to wear haha
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    that you get the pink eye from watching 2 dogs get it on!
    i still believe this. i dont want to take the chance that it is true by watching them and getting the pink eye
  • HuwaydaS
    HuwaydaS Posts: 116
    Options
    That my parents went out to a restraunt by themselves and I beleived...
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Pluto is a planet...

WTF!!! It's not a Planet?!?! Why'd I have to learn about it then?? I still don't belive you..
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    That blind people could see if they wore glasses.
    I think I took the "I'm blind without my glasses" thing a little to seriously.
    I think I was about 12 when I figured out this was not the case.