DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    When I was REALLY young I used to think the world used to be black & white, because all old pictures were in black & white.

Shutup I was a kid!!

Me too - you're not alone!
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was shocked the first time I flew in an airplane that all the states weren't different colored, like they are on a map of the U.S! I was about 5 years old at the time.
  • orchid8384
    Options
    When my siblings and I were all under 8 yrs of age, our mother told us that soda came out of the faucet but it only turns to soda if we were good children. When we did good, she told us to close our eyes and she'll get soda from the kitchen faucet for us. We'd all half close our eyes but she'd go to the sink and turn the water on and then she'd bring us each a cup of soda, so we never could quite figure out how that works. Every once in a while we'd go to the sink and turn the water on but it was only water. It wasn't until I was in 5th grade that a student brought a canned soda to school and I asked him what it was that I finally found out the truth......boy was I embarrassed. To this day I always thought that was the meanest trick our mom ever played on us but she said she did it to prevent us from having too much sugar.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I would hear noises from my pillow at night when I slept on my side. I thought it was bugs crawling in my pillow, until I was in my teens and realized it was my heartbeat... :blushing:

OMG! So glad I'm not alone! I told my mother that I could hear ants marching in my pillow. And I believe this. I would look inside my pillowcase and under the pillow, fully expecting to see ants marching single file. LOL

Thanks for bringing back the memory. :laugh:
  • HuwaydaS
    HuwaydaS Posts: 116
    Options
    That potatoe was another name for tomato
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    That massaging used coffee grounds into your cellulite would help improve it's appearance. :noway:
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My ex fully believed that women only have 2 holes, and that pee comes out of the vagina. I tried to explain but he just wouldn't believe me.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My mom told me that if you got a single peanut in a shell that it tasted better because all the nutrients went to that one peanut instead of being divided between two. Yeah I believed her. But she also really believed that peanuts grew on trees. Whos the dummy now!! :)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    That kids were calling me turtle-tail instead of tattletale.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Redrocket
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    "Ya, they are mini hot dogs"......

But really they were dog treats.

Thank you siblings. :grumble: :grumble:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    that anyone would ever love me

forever_alone_by_yanifruba-d39iw10.png
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    When I was REALLY young I used to think the world used to be black & white, because all old pictures were in black & white.

Shutup I was a kid!!

I dont feel so bad now. I use to think the same thing :laugh:
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    My childrens father told me that Jack rabbits existed and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jack rabbits. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!

Um, jack rabbits do exist... http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/jackrabbit/

Yep...jackrabbits. Real.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    My childrens father told me that Jack rabbits existed and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jack rabbits. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!

Um, jack rabbits do exist... http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/jackrabbit/

Yep...jackrabbits. Real.

hey, remember that time that person thought jackrabbits weren't real?
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    When I was really little my daddy would tell me if I'd eat cornbread then I'd grow hair on my chest. I believed him & for some reason wanted that to happen- so I'd eat it. Thank god it didn't work!

Also my older brother would tease me on the escalator saying it was going to shred me up & eat me when we got to the bottom. To this day I still think about that every time I ride an escalator!
  • kerriberry74
    kerriberry74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As a kid, when we went to visit our grandparents we were always reminded not to go behind the barn because there was 'quicksand'. There was even a story about how my mom saved one of my cousins who got stuck in it. I was in high school before the truth came out. Turns out the 'quicksand' was the leftover droppings from when they'd had cows!
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    OK, gotta tell this story.. I stopped believing in Santa really young... When I asked how reindeer flew I was told Santa uses a magic powder in their food...So all I wanted for Christmas was some of that magic powder.... I didn't get any... So i had a grudge against Santa since then lol!
  • gitanagirl
    gitanagirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I thought John Wayne actually died in that Indian Movie >.<
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    That the ingredients were listed on grocery food items so you could make it at home...like recipes.