DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That you had to be born a vegetarian. Came up with it myself and didn't know I could choose that until I was 10
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'll just put the tip in...
    Yes! lol or but baby you're the only girl for me I love you.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    A high school friend's boyfriend swore that women could not fart....not that they didn't, but that they COULD NOT! :noway:

After much arguement, he bet me $10.

I proved him wrong right then and there, and won the bet. :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My childrens father told me that Jack rabbits existed and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jack rabbits. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!

Jackrabbits do exist ... http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/jackrabbit/

Unless he was talking about magical ones or sumthin ...

Did you mean Jackalopes? Because Jackrabbit is a species of hare.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    My sister convinced me that we had to hold our breath when driving near a cemetery, or the evil spirits would go inside of us. I seriously believed in this till I was a teenager, and hated going some places because I had to hold my breath for a really long time.

I used to believe that too!
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    As a kid we had a black and white TV - I swore up and down that it was color based on the perception that big bird was most definitely yellow. To this day I remember ABSOLUTELY being convinced the shows were in color. The tricks faith can play!

As an adult someone convinced me that it snowed in the mountains in the Philippines, she even told me stories about skiing there. I mentioned it in front of family once - big mistake. They made fun of me quite ruthlessly for a time and I felt like an idiot for it.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    In the town were I grew up there was a place called "The Blind Factory." I thought that it was a factory that employed blind people and I had always wondered what they made, and how they did it :blushing:
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I thought for some reason that Pope John XXIII had died of the hiccups, so I was terrified when I'd get the hiccups when I was a kid.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was driving my ex-wife and her father to the airport. We passed by a dairy field and noticed a cow kneeling. "Oh look at that cow kneeling, I didn't know they could do that", she said. Without missing a beat her dad said, "Where did you think low-fat milk comes from?" "Really???", she replied, clearly astonished. I nearly ran off the road...she was 43 and believed that.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    When my neice Sarah was younger, like 4ish maybe 5 I had her convinced I knew everything. I would get info from her Mom and she didn't know it so it went on for years. I hope she remembers it fondly.

otherwise, your face will get stuck that way
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my dad convinced me that there were only 3 hours in a day. Also, I used to think EVERYTHING on TV was animated, and when I watched live action movies I wondered how they got the colors to be so life-like.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    When I was younger I used to think that if you got a green chip in a bag of potato chips and ate it you would die.
  • Bracciano
    Bracciano Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I believed girls had penises up until the 3rd grade.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    "Make sure to clean behind your ears - if not, potatoes will start growing there!"

and also
    Playing with frogs and toads would make you get warts.
  • XanthePersephone
    XanthePersephone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My sister convinced me that we had to hold our breath when driving near a cemetery, or the evil spirits would go inside of us. I seriously believed in this till I was a teenager, and hated going some places because I had to hold my breath for a really long time.

My cousin said the same thing. I remember playing along but I knew my mom never held her breath when we did that so it couldn't be true.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Horses change colors and rainbow-esque colors at that. Curse you Wizard of Oz.
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I thought the designated hitter in baseball came in if the other guy was drunk.lol. I was like 8
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My ex fully believed that women only have 2 holes, and that pee comes out of the vagina. I tried to explain but he just wouldn't believe me.

Good Lord, where did you find him!!! He must've had an IQ of minus 20.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Being Jewish and brought up in a Jewish household, I was under the impression that everyone in the world was Jewish too. Man I was confused when I met Christian people, lol
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    My ex fully believed that women only have 2 holes, and that pee comes out of the vagina. I tried to explain but he just wouldn't believe me.

Good Lord, where did you find him!!! He must've had an IQ of minus 20.
    When I was in high school I knew a girl that believed this..I asked her if she wore tampons she said yes...I said and have you ever peed while wearing one she said yes..so I was like annnnnnddd...She still didn't believe me..LOL