DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    That you could place an order with the weatherman and he could take care of it for you. I was convinced my Grandparents ordered snow for Christmas each year. Why else would they get it and we didn't? The news reports were just the weathermen letting us all know what they were up to. If you asked nicely or paid enough, they could change it for you.

It probably didn't help that I was a gullible child and my family played along. Heck my folks were the type to leave half chewed carrots around the yard for Easter and for Christmas they got soot on the cookie plate and crumbs in the fireplace. :flowerforyou:

haahahahha i love this!!!

Yes, can i get an order of nice and sunny, with a side of cool evening?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    My older cousin told me that men and women touch nipples and a "period" passes from the man to the woman through their nipple. The period then moves into the woman's stomach and grows into a baby.

....did you figure this out before you had to explain to some girl why you couldn't touch nipples? lol
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I thought the handicapped parking spots were for people who were in a rush to go to the bathroom. Thought it was a guy on the toilet. True story.

MY FAVORITE ONE!! so creative : )

Thank you, thank you. Lol
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    My older cousin told me that men and women touch nipples and a "period" passes from the man to the woman through their nipple. The period then moves into the woman's stomach and grows into a baby.

Holy hell that's detailed!!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That if I swallowed my chewing gum it would wrap around my internal organs and kill me :blushing:
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My childrens father told me that Jack rabbits existed and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jack rabbits. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!

Um, jack rabbits do exist... http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/jackrabbit/
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    The dumbest thing that I ever believed: that a low fat diet would make me healthy and lose weight.
  • jtc71
    jtc71 Posts: 14
    Options
    I believed that if you had to go number 1 and held it for too long that it would turn to diarrhea.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    That I was awesome, but then it turned out I was really Legendary...outside of that... our music teacher once told us you could hide your gum behind your ear (bare in mind this is the 80's) and it would get stuck in your hair. So me and everyone else in our class stashed our gum behind our ear... yeah really funny teach REAL funny! Next day 12 new hair cuts were in class.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When I was little, if I didn't get a joke and they would say 'it's over your head', I used to think what they were joking about was over my head.

But after a couple of laughing sessions at my expense, I realized what it was :)
  • jtc71
    jtc71 Posts: 14
    Options
    that you get the pink eye from watching 2 dogs get it on!
    i still believe this. i dont want to take the chance that it is true by watching them and getting the pink eye

That is funny!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That I was awesome, but then it turned out I was really Legendary...outside of that... our music teacher once told us you could hide your gum behind your ear (bare in mind this is the 80's) and it would get stuck in your hair. So me and everyone else in our class stashed our gum behind our ear... yeah really funny teach REAL funny! Next day 12 new hair cuts were in class.

Peanut butter will remove gum from hair. Just for future reference.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

Peanut butter will remove gum from hair. Just for further reference.

Ever try to get Hubba Bubba out of hair?! Peanut butter did NOT work sister. We tried that.... along with oils... and just about everything else lol. Hello scissors!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That if you swallowed watermelon seeds that a watermelon would grow in your stomach...

That once upon a time there was a mexican lady that had a daughter and the daughter really wanted a cat. The lady got a cat for her daughter and the girl accidentally swallowed a cat hair. The cat hair got caught in her liver and she died. That's why mexicans don't like cats and that's why we never had cats.

That eating everything on your plate would make you big and strong. Big alright..strong..not so much.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The counselors at the summer camp I went to as a kid always told the new campers that the bottom of the pool was a scratch and sniff and smelled like strawberries. Only worked once. At 16, I became a counselor at said camp and continued on the tradition with my campers. I also told them that the chocolate frosting the kitchen gave us for s'mores on campouts was bat guano. I loved seeing those little faces either becoming totally disgusted and grossed out (the girls) or change into pure excitement (the boys).
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When she was little, my daughter believed me when I said peanut butter (Kraft) was made from squished Teddy Bears. What, the strawberry jam has a picture of a strawberry on it, and the peanut butter has a picture of a teddy bear, and peanut butter is kind of teddy bear coloured.:tongue:
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When my son was little we told him the chimes of the ice cream van were the police, he believed that for a couple of summers!!

Later in life when he was a young teenager a friend of his and he watched the nudey bits of Sheakespear In Love on the video, his friend told his mum who is a friend of ours and she told us. We told him we knew because there was a device in the video that would tell us what he had watched, he bleived that for about three years. We don't have any stories like that about my daughter.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    That drinking and driving was illegal (I mean drinking anything...) until I was about 10 and I got upset with my dad for drinking a can of coke while driving, then he laughed at me :(

Me too! The same thing - my dad was driving with a Coke in his hand - and I yelled "DAD, you're not supposed to drink and drive!" :laugh:
  • lshaunessy
    Options
    When I was in 2nd grade, my teacher asked the class if we knew what made the waves in the ocean. I proudly raised my hand and answered, "It's sloshing like the water in my bathtub from all the fish and whales moving around!" Was I embarassed when the entire class started laughing at me. Love you sis, thanks for that of misinformation.
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Those photos in magazines weren't air brushed.. :/

And when I was really small my dad told me if you saw Santa he and all your presents would vanish... Haha