Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 10

Options
Girls I am back and full force losing again.I just figured I am going back to my 1200 calorie diet and no exercise calories because I really don't think I need them right now.I am only going to eat them if I feel hungry.This is how I did it last year and lost almost 50 pounds and I have kept 30 of that off so at least I know how to maintain my weight.I have already lost 3 pounds so I don't have a liar ticker anymore lol.Lets do this !! I am going to be 50 pounds lighter by my birthday because I am going to the beach and I want to look awesome,.

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That's the spirit girl! I have a lier ticker again because I gained a pound over the weekend! We will do this!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, awestfall.
    50 pounds by July is a REALLY aggressive goal! :wink: Shoot for the moon, but even if you lose half of that it would still be amazing!! :smile:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Good morning All! I had a good weekend with exercise and pretty good with eating. I didn't buy that bag of chips and container of dip that I really, really wanted when I was at the grocery store. I did eat edamame for my snack several times to try to choose something healthier and with more protein .. but I still went over on sugar and fat and under on protein ... but at least I'm taking some baby steps! I was an exercise QUEEN all weekend, but now feel pretty wiped out today so will take an easy walk today for my exercise. I like the challenge - I did take my measurements a few weeks ago but need to do it again.

checking in for the weekend (Friday/Saturday/sunday):
    calories: good - went back and entered everything today
    exercise: great - 1 hour turbo kick Friday, 1 hour step + 40 minutes body pump + 30 minutes swim on Saturday, 1 hour step on Sunday
    water: not so hot ... didn't track and was probably pretty short
    proud: that I exercise so hard but didn't overeat too terribly much because of it

Have a great day everyone!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN TOTALLY SLACKING ON THE GYM! Not giving 100% not keeping my workout schedule....time to get back to it, time to kick butt!

LET'S TAKE IT UP A NOTCH THIS WEEK LADIES!!!!!!!!!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh girls, I keep snacking over my calories and I'm not logging. I think I'm falling off the wagon...I'm going to peruse the success forum in hopes that I can find some inspiration. the scale still hasnt breached the 230's yet and its going in the opposite direction, so frustrating. I dont want this to be another no loss week...*sigh*

I forced myself to write down everything I ate yesterday since I skipped out like the bad girl I am :devil:

Calories: over by 300
    Water: Yes
    Exercise: not much, alot of walking and medium intensity cleaning, didnt log it.
    Proud: I found an old pair of knee length jeans in my car that were too small for me for a while and I fit perfectly in them and find myself to be very, very attractive in them..they hug my curves just right and show off my monster muscle calves. Woo! Also I picked up two 1x shirts at ross yesterday..I used to be 2x..and the purple one makes me look like a total diva! it makes my newly-shrunken girls (noooooo! :cry: ) look really nice (the comparison picture I took for this month compared with the last...my boobs shrank!). I couldnt stop looking in the mirror! If I were a boy I would totaly date myself! :laugh: Its amazing how my self image has changed so drasticly. Which is good, I just need to stay positive and be successful.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Good Morning Girls, thanks for the new thread awestfall,

MariSama, you can do it girl. I know you can. Congrats on the new clothes

Cris, I know you can kick it up a notch, I am right there with ya!!

lstpaul, congrats on the exercise and doing well this weekend

Jess, nice to see you here this morning.

Okay girls spring has struck. It is going to be in the 70's all week and beautiful, husband fixed my bike and took me on a bike ride yesterday. We are planning to trade in the killer walks for killer bike rides. I am so excited. With the time change the sun is not setting until after 7pm he gets home at 5:20 pm we will head out for a ride and come home and eat dinner around 6:30 pm. I am thinking this may just jump start me. My son and I will continue our leisurely walks at lunch time and I am ready to clean my house like a mad woman. The last almost 3 weeks I have only done the bare minimum around here vacumming and doing dishes that sort of stuff. Today I will be cleaning base boards and mopping floors and scrubbing everything down. I like a clean house plus you burn a lot of calories doing it. Yard work is a must right now so I have lots of exercise waiting for me this week. Looking forward to the new season. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I couldnt stop looking in the mirror! If I were a boy I would totaly date myself! :laugh: Its amazing how my self image has changed so drasticly. Which is good, I just need to stay positive and be successful.

:bigsmile: This is SO awesome Mari. You *are* gorgeous!

Obviously from my other posts today, I'm totally with you. I swear I'm turning into quite a foxy lady if I do say so myself. :laugh:
    My bf seems to agree. :laugh: At this point, I don't know if he could keep his hands off me if his life depended on it. :blushing:
    My best friend noticed & completely called him out on it while she was visiting this weekend. :tongue:
  • remwagner
    Options
    How can I join the over 200 club?:huh:
  • cris20056
    Options
    How can I join the over 200 club?:huh:

you just did :wink: :laugh:

We weigh in on Fridays and the person with the highest % weight loss comes up with a challenge for the up coming week.
    Every day we check in with the following: calories (if you met your goal), water (if you consumed 64oz+), excercise (if you did any) and we list sometihng we are proud of every day!

This week's challenge is to take your measurements by friday. This is to help you track your weight loss without using the scale as your only form of measurement

Welcome!!!:flowerforyou:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Welcome Remwagner! We check in every day like Chris said - and we also stop by to say hello, vent or catch up - you'll LOV E it here!

My "Let's do EVERYTHING" first day at the gym yesterday has had a little bit of impact on my back :embarassed:. I couldn't get to sleep last night then was WORRIED about not getting to sleep so I didn't go in and take my Spinning class at six this morning. I'm proud I put my sleep over my excitement about the gym because I really think I need to focus on the basics!

I'm going to be smarter about bedtime:grumble: - last night we celebrated Pi day (3 14) with a light lemon pie that wasn't finished until after 10:30 pm - that didn't help bedtime! I also drank:drinker: caffeine and while I didn't used to be so sensitive to it, the fact that I don't have much any more must have changed that. I'll make sure I have only water or caffeine free tea after 6 PM from now on!

I had left over tuna casserole for lunch and went for a fast paced 45 minute walk so I'm feeling pretty good about today! I'll do my crunches and push-ups when I get home tonight and the go to the gym at six tomorrow for my Day 2 of 5K101! (did I mention how excited I am about starting a running program :laugh: ?)

I weighted in at 183 this morning! It's nice to see that my ticker isn't telling a big fat whopper at the moment! I know my weight may go up as I hydrate this week, plus build muscle from the new exercise (jogging, swimming and biking - OH MY!) and I will have to accept that my month end goal probably won't happen. (179):cry:

OH! Positively_Me - My husband is now a yogurt maker! He's even straining it into Greek yogurt as he goes! I think it's partly because he loves using the whey in place of water (or beer) in our home made bread - but what ever the motivation it's wonderful having lots of Greek Yogurt on hand (it goes pretty fast around here). We're using 1% organic milk and I love how even then it's a fraction of the price it would cost to buy it! It's also thicker than the store versions :bigsmile: :love: LOVING IT!:love:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, awestfall.
    50 pounds by July is a REALLY aggressive goal! :wink: Shoot for the moon, but even if you lose half of that it would still be amazing!! :smile:
    I agree but even if I get close to that I will be so HAPPY!!!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: We celebrated Pi day yesterday too ... with homemade pizza pie for dinner and a berry pie for dessert ...
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.

Doing okay today actually got to sleep till 7 today i was soo happy (ok in my mind maybe still only 6)..but on my clock it said 7 :):)

Girls didn't get up , don't know if it because of time change or them being exhuasted from my moms or a little of both.

I ate horible this weekend...I did great last week but the weekend killed me I need to work on that.

I am back today and i guess that is the important part. Scale was evil this morning but i know it probably is water weight.

i took a walk at lunch and i swear my legs were going to die, i did a little shorter today, about 15 minutes instead of the 20, i swear my legs were on fire i came home sat on the couch i couldn't move...this has to get better it has too..i am wondering do you think my calf's and ankles would hurt worse if i was retaining more water?? Just a thought. I am not giving up though I am going to keep pressing and hopefully i can walk for 20 minutes without feeling like i am going to die

I am on call this week so i really want it to be over and done with..

speaking of work i need to get back to it....

later ladies :)
  • cris20056
    Options
    I am soo bored at work (Again) business is so slow lately but I am just happy to still HAVE a job. Anyways, been checking out several threads and reading some motivational quote to get me ready for my run today. I had no idea that week 5 had different workouts each day.,,,day 3 is already freaking me out. I am putting it out of my head right now I just want to look at tonights workout and get it done. Its 5min jogs spaced by 3 mins of walking. I think I will be ok but its been awhile since my last run, ugh wish me luck!

Cris
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Oops, I accidentally posted on the old thread, but Cris sent me a reminder. So below is what I posted earlier!

jlb: Way to go on your hotness! I'm glad to hear you're gaining so much confidence because you're amazing and you should know it! Now I want to be "hit on"...

mstahl: Congrats on the running and serious exercising you've been doing! I'm crossing my fingers that you'll be able to continue your gym membership after the free trial.

As for myself, I'm feeling some frustration because I'm gaining according to the scale. I've been working out hard to Jillian Michaels and walking. Other than last night's trip to Olive Garden, I ate within my calories all weekend. But, the scale says I'm up five pounds from two weeks ago. Yes, my ticker is a liar right now! I'm just not sure what else I need to be doing other than watch what I eat a bit more closely and keep working out. Don't worry, I'm not giving up, just needing to do some adjustments, I guess.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    After reading the correct thread, I see that a few of us are in the same boat of feeling frustrated and feeling like we need to kick it up a notch...I'm open to suggestions! I need to lose the 5 lbs. I've gained back.

Cris: You'll do just fine on the C25K because you're a rockstar! What kind of work do you do? I'm in the same boat with work being really slow lately, but at least I have a job! It's still boring and frustrating, though!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I am soo bored at work (Again) business is so slow lately but I am just happy to still HAVE a job. Anyways, been checking out several threads and reading some motivational quote to get me ready for my run today. I had no idea that week 5 had different workouts each day.,,,day 3 is already freaking me out. I am putting it out of my head right now I just want to look at tonights workout and get it done. Its 5min jogs spaced by 3 mins of walking. I think I will be ok but its been awhile since my last run, ugh wish me luck!

Cris

You can totally do it, Cris. I surprised the crap (not literally) out of myself on week 5!

Last week I restarted C25K at week 3 and paired a 5.1mph running speed with a 3.8 jogging speed. The first time I went through, I was at like a 4.2mph jogging speed and a 3.0mph walking speed. I had to start decreasing my jogging speed to make it through the longer runs. Slowing down to make the time or distance goal is what is recommended and is what I would do again, but it left me being able to run 16 minute mile after 16 minute mile rather than being able to run at a decent speed for any amount of time at all. My new C25K speed workout kicked my butt first time I tried it but last Saturday I did well with it & added a couple extra running intervals in so I don't lose any of my endurance/stamina while working on my speed. Went close to half a mile farther than I did the first time I went through week 3! I'm actually making it well over 2 miles in 30 minutes now. Before I was easily jogging 40+ minutes straight, but I was only jogging 3.6-3.9 mph or so, so it was still taking me over 45 minutes to *run* 3 miles.
    Enough of that! I'm completely back on board with the "it's okay to be uncomfortable running" mantra. Felt like I was going to puke while running on Saturday for the first time in a couple months. I won't say it felt good -- but it did feel like progress. :laugh: And it certainly feels good to think I'll be running 3 miles in under 36 minutes in a few weeks -- maybe even in time for my first 5k (June 5th).:bigsmile:
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement, jlb and momma2four :flowerforyou: every little bit helps!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hello girls,

It has been a week since i logged on..family things and too much going on.
    from the last time i posted i reported that i gained weight due to TOM coming...well it came and it should be long gone by tomorrow. I still feel like crap. I have no exercised in a whole week...i can't believe i said that. I have not logged my food in a week. I try t owatch what i ate during that week...but i know the late night snacking killed me big time. I found myself good all day and morning and once the children are sleeping and i am in my relax mood/mode i felt hungry and wanted to eat...and i would eat a bowl of cereal...or some popcorn.. I feel so embarrased that i lack willpower at night. I need help before i fall off this wagon...i am so struggling and i am not sure where ot begin. Where is my motivation today?? i feel so drained out...i need to get my butt up to walk or do something to burn the extra calories due to the late night snacking.

Before i go.. Congrates Cris on being the biggest loser for this week:flowerforyou:

Everyone is doing an amazing job...keep it up...i feelyou group of girls are my second family :heart: :flowerforyou:

Have a great day :wink:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Welcome Remwagner! We check in every day like Chris said - and we also stop by to say hello, vent or catch up - you'll LOV E it here!

My "Let's do EVERYTHING" first day at the gym yesterday has had a little bit of impact on my back :embarassed:. I couldn't get to sleep last night then was WORRIED about not getting to sleep so I didn't go in and take my Spinning class at six this morning. I'm proud I put my sleep over my excitement about the gym because I really think I need to focus on the basics!

I'm going to be smarter about bedtime:grumble: - last night we celebrated Pi day (3 14) with a light lemon pie that wasn't finished until after 10:30 pm - that didn't help bedtime! I also drank:drinker: caffeine and while I didn't used to be so sensitive to it, the fact that I don't have much any more must have changed that. I'll make sure I have only water or caffeine free tea after 6 PM from now on!

I had left over tuna casserole for lunch and went for a fast paced 45 minute walk so I'm feeling pretty good about today! I'll do my crunches and push-ups when I get home tonight and the go to the gym at six tomorrow for my Day 2 of 5K101! (did I mention how excited I am about starting a running program :laugh: ?)

I weighted in at 183 this morning! It's nice to see that my ticker isn't telling a big fat whopper at the moment! I know my weight may go up as I hydrate this week, plus build muscle from the new exercise (jogging, swimming and biking - OH MY!) and I will have to accept that my month end goal probably won't happen. (179):cry:

OH! Positively_Me - My husband is now a yogurt maker! He's even straining it into Greek yogurt as he goes! I think it's partly because he loves using the whey in place of water (or beer) in our home made bread - but what ever the motivation it's wonderful having lots of Greek Yogurt on hand (it goes pretty fast around here). We're using 1% organic milk and I love how even then it's a fraction of the price it would cost to buy it! It's also thicker than the store versions :bigsmile: :love: LOVING IT!:love:

That is nice to hear...

btw, do you make the yogurt plain and add your own things when it's done? Or do you add your flavoring when the milk is boiling. I started to like the yogurt plain and sometimes eat it will berries and granola..and i also drain the yogurt until it's very thick ( like cream cheese) add a sprinkle of salt and olive oil and spread it on whole wheat bread..yum! or sthin slices of cucumber, yogurt spread, and whole wheat bread..yum too!