Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 10

Options

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    LilDebbie! I had your bad lunch bug too! Mine was in the form of our pot-luck at work :(

Steph! So nice to see you again! You've been missed!

Checking in-
    Calories- over even my exercise calories by 300 ish
    Water - just under
    Exercise - biked at the gym!

Proud - that I got to the gym at 6:20 and did the bike and made time to do weights (upper body).

OK so I'm not going to write this in a blog but here's the short version. Our 17 yr old granddaughter from CA who's a junior in high school has decided (with help from her counselor) that she's going to move in with us... We love her more than anything and the fact that she's ready to move 2000 miles from her friends (and boy friend) and family speaks to how unhappy she is but it will be a life change for us. Poor kid will be giving up a big screen TV and CA for Ohio and a laptop.

Gotta get to bed! LOVE YOU ALL BUNCHES!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    MILF - I mean, cris - you learned a very valuable lesson today, didn't you? Make sure to weigh yourself before you brush your teeth! :laugh:
    lildeb - I LOVE The Taste of Home cookbooks.
    steph08 - so glad to see you back!
    Jess - Yes, Sam's pizzas ROCK! They are one of my biggest temptations when I go in there. :sad:
    mstahl - wow, your life is surely never boring, is it? You amaze me with your generous heart and stamina! :heart:
    lstpaul - I had to laugh when you described your Paddy's Day encounters with your two kids, because that is exactly how it was at my school! The KGs all dressed in green, ready to pinch anyone who wasn't, and the thirteen yr-olds completely over it, wearing a green bracelet. ROFL Gotta love those teens! :tongue: Were WE that way when we were teens? Yes, I know I was! I gave my mother some serious greys back in the day! :laugh:
    momma - Wooo, the things I would do for seven inches! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

check in:
    FYI: I fought the goldfish extra cheddars and the goldfish won. Big time. Like almost an entire bag won. With that said...
    cals: under by TEN CALS because I worked my as-...my goldfish butt off on the bike & dancing with my students!
    water: great
    exercise: The Goldfish Bike Marathon, The Goldfish Shuffle, The Goldfish Two Pound Weight Slide, The Goldfish Walk-It-Off Square Dance, The Goldfish Macarena, The Goldfish Central European Polka
    proud: Came in under ten! Who's sorry, now, Goldfish?!?!!?!? :smokin:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1352
    Exercise: :indifferent:
    Water: 80oz+
    Proud: I had planned for a baked potato for dinner... but instead I decided to try that edamame I bought last week. It was yummy! And it kept me from going over my carb goal like I would've with the potato. :smile:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    did my measurements today. I was feeling a bit discouraged because they really have not changed too much in the last couple of months. So I looked at my measurements from 1 year ago. I have lost 7 inches from my hips:noway: Look at 7 inches!!!!!!!

That is 7 inches ^ Gone forever
    woooooooohooooo you go gal!!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Yet again - had issues getting out the door for the gym this morning! First my car was out of gas so my DH volunteered to go fuel it up (and thus warm it up!). Then when we got to the gym and I got my gym bag into the locker and up to the track I realized I'd forgotten my Mp3 player! Yep - the sweet guy drove home and found it and brought it back to me so I'd have my pod-casts! I walked fast while he was gone - then stretched out. When he got back we went back onto the track and I found out that the batteries were dead in the Mp3 player (so much for 30 hours of play!).

I decided I could figure out how to run 2 minutes and walk 3 without the podcast (husband was thrilled to see how I didn't really need it:tongue: ) and managed to finish W1D3 of the 5K101!!!! I even tried lengthening my stride and almost RUNNING for about 20 seconds! When I got done there wasn't enough time for anything other than shower and grab a smoothie. So far my husband has used ZERO equipment at the gym - just the indoor (padded) track. I'm thinking we won't be getting him a membership - it's nice to have him for company but not $45/month nice!

I haven't gotten on my elliptical machine yet this week :ohwell:

I totally forgot to do my crunches and push-ups yesterday and didn't have time this morning. Now I have to decide if I just skip the middle day and go for day 3 of the week tomorrow.:huh:

edited to add that as of today I'm up 1.5 lbs for the month - I've had some bad food days/weekend and I've been changing up my exercise - both of which could be at play with the scales but it's still frustrating!!! I'll take my measurements this weekend (I try to take them twice a month!) so hopefully things will look better there. I do finally have a indentation on my left hip between my pelvis bone and and my hip bone so it matches my right hip - not sure if it's from muscle growth or fat reduction but it's nice to see!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Good job getting in that workout, mstahl, despite the obstacles.

I forced (oh yes, forced) myself out of bed this morning to get in a bike ride. Only had time for 20 minutes but that's so much better than nothing. I'm not too worried because I plan to run tonight and do my challenges. I'm so far behind on them. I've only done them 1-2 times every week since we started. At this rate is going to take me 6 months instead of six weeks! I guess that's better than not doing it at all.

Today is the first day I've really worked out since I decided to increase my base calories. I feel like a stuffed pig just looking at the menu I've planned for today. :laugh: It's only like 1450 calories -- not even close to 50% of my exercise calories -- closer to 15-20% but I think gradual is the right approach for this. Still haven't seen a loss for this week and I doubt I will. Not that I should with the take out/no exercise combo I've implemented most of the week. Not worried about it, really. Yeah, I love seeing lower numbers on the scale, but I think I've gotten pretty comfortable with not being in some huge hurry to crash down to my goal weight. Of course I'd like to wake up tomorrow and weigh 150 pounds (or somewhere around there), but that's not going to happen. So, you know, I'm just enjoying the ride down & although I'm going to put forth good effort, I've just kind of adopted an "I'll get there when I get there" approach. Less stressful/disappointing for me that way, I think.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Check in 3/17/10
    calories: on target
    water: more than 8 cups..yay me :)
    exercise: walked outside, took my son to the park, and 45 minutes on the elliptical...but I only counted the elliptical as what i burnt, and that's 400 calories..
    proud: i am starting to exercise again...i think it's because the wheather is getting nice here ( 68 degrees) so it's what motivating me to get my butt up and move...plus my MFP friends..Thanks:)
    late ngiht snack: because we came home at 7pm...i ate my dinner at 7:30...my cut off time was 6:30pm...plus i had a small bowl of homemade popcorn.

Have a Great day girls!

check back later
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

mstahl: I think it's wonderful that you are able to have your granddaughter move in with you to get her away from an unhappy atmosphere. That says volumes for you and the relationship you have with her!

jlb: I love your approach to the weight loss journey. Whenever I start to get frustrated by the scale, I try to tell myself that I could lose faster if I was more diligent, but the changes I'm making are ones I can honestly live with long-term. I'm still enjoying the foods I WANT to eat, but am being healthier overall. It's a fantastic perspective to have. Oh, and if you find that weight-loss fairy or her pixie dust that will make me wake up around 150 lbs., please pass it my way!

On a related note, I read in a health magazine the other day that a person at 200 lbs. who is active is typically much healthier than the same person at 150 lbs. who is not active. I love that it's been confirmed in writing because I've known for a while that although I'm heavier than my friends, I'm healthier than most of them because they don't do the active things that I do. But, what I really love is that I've inspired some of them to start being more active, which is hugely rewarding to me.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: 877 left over (most of them exercise calories)
    Sodium: 15 over, which again, is a huge accomplishment.
    Water: 48 oz.
    Exercise: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD for 50 minutes, followed by the Slim and Limber stretching DVD for 15 minutes. Result: A killer workout that burned 652 calories but I'm not sore one bit today. Woohoo!
    Proud: That I got off my butt at 9pm to workout!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!

checking in for yesterday 3/17/10:
    calories- under by 144
    water- yes
    sodium- 1720
    excercise- c25k w5d2!!!!!!!!:drinker:
    proud- that I ran for 8 mins straight and I almost quit at the end of the second run but I pushed myself and got 'er done :laugh:

Momma- 7 INCHES!!! Thats' great news! Congrats!!!:flowerforyou:
    LilDeb- thanks for the congrats, but the 220 was short lived, like a minute?! but I hope to see it next week for real :love:
    Jess- PIZZA IS THE DEVIL! I swear I can not turn it down! I dont know how JLB delivers them cause Id be in TROUBLE! Congrats balancing it out
    Mstahl- Wow, I hope your granddaughter is ok, she surely must be unhappy if she is making such a big move. Im sure some time with her granny:laugh: :laugh: (couldnt help it) will make her feel better. You are one tough, loving lady. Oh and how nice of your hubby to fill up the tank and drive back for ur mp3 player! lucky girl!:love:
    bluenote- still alughing about your goldfish excercises..:laugh:
    JLB- Sorry I had to comment on your smoker thing I just thought that one girl was getting a little out of hand. Oh and great attitude about your weight loss. Honestly I am in a rush to get down to 200lbs but after that I will probably take a more relaxed laid back approach to reaching my 150 goal.

Gotta do sit ups today and been super busy at work. Got most of it done this morning though! Have a good day everyone

Cris

edited to correct some typos..does this thing have spell check **sigh**
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Once I see under 200 I am throwing a party because I haven't seen under 200 in over 10 years. I am getting there slowly but surely.I am retraining my mind set about this whole weight loss journey.Even though the scale is not dropping so quickly as I want and the inches aren't falling off left and right.I look amazing to me already and I feel so much better about myself.Lets keep reminding each other of that because I know I get halfway through to losing my weight and I start to forget that and that seems to be when I give up on my weight loss journey.So lets continue to remind each other how good we feel and look to ourselves regardless of what others may say.We are beautiful and strong and we will meet our goals.:happy: :heart: With that said I took my measurements and I have lost another 4 inches off my entire body and 1/2 pound this morning lol.WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Awesome awestfall!!

I'm still hovering around between 210 and 211. I quickly checked my waist measurements (I check at the smallest part & at the belly button) and there have been no noticable inches lost since the last time I check a couple weeks ago. That's alright -- I don't really feel like I deserve it anyway. :tongue: I'll check all my measurements tonight. I know I've lost at least some on my thighs and maybe my hips though because the size 16 pants I bought several weeks ago are essentially falling off me now and they were pretty darn tight when I bought them! :smile: It feels really good not to stress about it. Now, if I'm still at 210 a month from now I'm certain I'll be singing a different tune. :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Also, a fun little benefit of losing weight that I'm really enjoying is, WOAH my tips at work have gotten better. Now maybe I've just had a couple lucky nights in a row but the last 2 days have been the first days I've been able to work without wearing a coat... and... :noway: :huh: :smokin:

I almost always get crappy tips on base from all the single sodiers.... Well, times they are a-changin'. :laugh: $5 tip here, $7 tip there -- 25-50% tips almost all night! WHAT?! Maybe everyone just got their tax returns and are feeling like big spenders or something. :laugh: You won't hear me complain. What an incentive to keep trying to reach my goal weight, though! The increase in my income correlates directly to the decrease in my size. :laugh:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Checking for yesterday
    Calories - under ( ate about 1/2 of my exercise)
    exercise - lots of walking
    water - over 100oz
    proud that I not fit into my old brown cords that I have not worn for 6 years!

Wow,
    you guys have been busy on the boards, it's hard to keep up!!.
    Sounds like everyone is doing well and meeting their goals. I think this Spring weather and the clock change has got everyone pumped. All of your posts are sooo positive compared with last week. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    It's over 70 here today and I am loving it after a tough winter.
    I actually had lunch outside today in the sunshine. No more S.A.D. for me!! JK
    I'm upstate today and all of the animals are out as well. Just in the past 2 hours Ive seen a groundhog, several ducks & geese, chipmunks and squirrels, all variety of woodpeckers and finches and I can hear the frogs in the distance.
    What a happy day!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    JLB-Way to go on snagging some better tips! Way to look at things from a different perspective.

awestfall-I'm right there with you! It's been probably 6-7 years since I have been under 200 and I'm going to thrown a dang party when that happens. WHEN that happens I probably wont be so intense with my weight loss and slow it down a little.

Cris-I'm glad I'm not the only one who craves pizza. I use to crave Mexican food. Ahhh the things we crave!

mstahl-That must be some situation for your grand daughter to want to make that move to live with you. But that's awesome that she is willing to do that. You must be a wonderful Grandma! Where do I find me husband like yours? Decent men seem extremely hard to come by these days!

positively me-Awesome job at making a plan and sticking to it! Keep it up and you will start to see those pounds and inches dropping off. I just know it!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Jlb: It sounds like you're almost ready to move to a size 14, huh? That's the size I was wearing at 210 lbs. That's so awesome!

Jess: I crave Mexican food more than pizza, and luckily there are no Mexican restaurants in the city I live in. However, I do pass a few on my way home...

Awestfall: Great reminder on being happy about feeling better and looking better no matter what the scale says!

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago about not being able to walk past a mirror without looking. Well, my boyfriend admitted that he's having the same problem now. I just want to say that I'm so proud of him right now. He's wearing a size 32 jean, which he hasn't done since junior high and he's looking hot. He's so excited that he's down to 208 lbs. (from about 230). Okay, just had to mention it!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    exercise: nothing yesterday! I was really mad ....since my back was hurting I decided to skip turbo kick but take a short (20-25 minutes total) walk to school to pick my son up from daycare. But my husband wouldn't cooperate and do the grocery shopping so that I would have time, so I stopped and picked up groceries but then it was too late to walk to school because the daycare was closing. So let it sabotage me ... I could have still gone for a walk - but since my plans were wrecked I didn't consider it. :grumble:
    calories: about 1000 over .... I decided to pout becuase of my ruined walk plans and ate 1/2 large bag of chips and a bunch of cheese (I know, I know ... I wasn't going to buy any more - but was mad, so I did ... how stupid is that! :embarassed: )
    water: good - 72oz
    proud: hmmm ... not about much

BUT today is a new day and I'm doing much better, my back is feeling better so I did go to step class this morning (and I was the only one there) ... I was VERY careful and stopped doing anything that really bothered my back, and I think it actually helped to stretch it out more. I feel better today than I have all week. I was VERY happy that I was able to do the whole hour of step, and burned almost as many calories as normal.

I've forgotten everyone I was going to comment on, so I'll just do a few:

mstahl: That's great that you are willing to have your grandaughter come and live with you, what a special thing to be able to do and she will always be influenced by this time.

hajohnson24: good for your boyfriend! and good for you too!

bluenote: you are so good to wear off your 'goldfish calories' ... I wish I had done the same with my chips.
    you are so right about the differences between the younger and older kids ... it is SO apparent when I compare my 9 year old to my 16 year old. She makes me crazy about half of the time. Last night she was complaining about not wanting to apply for the National Honor society because she has to write a short essay... I explained why she needs to do it. So she grudgingly started filling out her accomplishments last night and asked me to help ... but fought me on everything I suggested .... she didn't want to put anything that sounded like 'bragging' or that 'everyone else is doing that too so it doesn't really count' ... I told her that she is supposed to brag in this application, and that 'everyone else is going to be listing things like like that and it will look like you were the only one that isn't doing anything extra!'.... aargh it will be a miracle if she is accepted.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies.

Tried another recipe tonight it ended up being way more calories than i was anticipating ;( but it was very good.

But i did walk a mile today so That is good, probably will be over but under my exercise cals.

Check in -
    cals - Over /under :)
    Water - 24oz (not great but better than i have been)
    exercise - walked 1 mile
    Proud - not really sure i am proud of a hole lot today.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    good evening!

checking in 3/18/10:
    calories- under by 75
    water- yes
    excercise- sit ups
    sodium- 1945
    proud- that I didnt eat everything in sight like I really wanted to do

PMS reared its ugly head today and I was STARVING! I tried to snack a little more so my body didnt feel deprived and I think that helped me control myself a little bit. But goodness am I really wanting something greasy right now!

Good night, happy weigh in tomorrow!

Cris
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Simply...my days start out great....end horrib with the eating factor....exercise wise...im okay

best exercise: playing with kids....i want to keep all my energy so i can keep up with them!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Checking in for today

3/18
    Calories: 1231
    Water: 112 oz
    Sodium: 1673
    Exercise: w2d2 c25k...not sure when I'm going to complete day 3 of this week. I'm headed to Tulsa, Oklahoma to see my cousin this weekend. Maybe Sunday night if I don't get back too late. Otherwise Monday I suppose!

Hope everybody has a good evening. Seems as though several of us had the munchies today. Happy weigh in tomorrow!