New Round of P90X!

Options

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Good morning guys! I had an awesome class last night! This morning I did Back & Biceps, another one of my favs. Anytime I can work my upper body, I'm a happy girl! :smile:

Tonight, I teach Turbo Kick so I'll be getting in some cardio too! Definately going to fuel up throughout the day!

IronHutch: Welcome! Yes, modify where needed! You don't wanna be outta the game and sitting on the sidelines! Let us know when you start!

Nate: Way to go! You going to get a heavier band?

Lars: Nice work! I'm sure that's what it is. Your muscles are trying to repair themselves during this recovery; it'll all work out in the end! Keep up the good work!

Have a great day everyone and keep pushing play!
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Shoulders & arms/ Ab ripper are in the big. Time is flying. Week 3 is nearly over. This has been a breakthru week for me. I'm pushing myself so hard..and I'm seeing so many new highs ! I'm now attacking P90x instead of surviving it....awesome.
    I'm pushin play all the way !! Good Luck Everybody !!!
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    Day 18/90 - yoga x done!
  • razor_fever
    razor_fever Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Kenpo X - DONE

I haven't been posting as much because I changed up my workouts. P90X was just not cutting for me on the Strength Days. I'd get a good pump but wasn't really making any gains. Its not like I was slacking either. So I'm going back to using the heavy weights in my Basement. Bench, Incline Press, Squats, Lat Pulldowns, EZ Curls etc.

Good luck everyone! I'll still check in on my Cardio days
  • bcassill2013
    bcassill2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ok, here is my deal...i like the kenpo, the cardio x, the plyo and the yoga, and core syner but I don't like the lifting discs...i feel akward and like i don't do the moves right....should i give it another shot or just stick with the 4 discs that i love?

[IMHO]
    Just do the disks you like, it's better than not doing any of it.

I lift weights for upper body, and do P90X Plyo for my lower body. Once in awhile, I'll do some of the yoga, or stretching, or abs, but, mostly just the Plyo disk.
    [/IMHO]
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 20/90 - Legs and back done! One more workout tomorrow, then I'm done with phase 1! Bring it!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Happy Friday guys! :drinker:

Well, my legs are done! Last night I taught P90X and this morning, more legs!!!! :sad:

I will certainly feel this! Tomorrow, I am going to my kickboxing class, punching the bag! It feels awesome to punch something when you've got resistance!!! I haven't been in a while and I'm excited!

Love your energy here! You are all working hard and kicking butt! I love it! Keep at it!

Enjoy your day today and have a good workout! :bigsmile:
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 20/90 (really day 20 this time) - kenpo x done! I'm finished with phase 1. woohoo! recovery week next week, and then on to phase 2. Bring it!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hey guys! Wow, it's been a whirlwind of a weekend! LOTS going on! Week 7 starts tomorrow! Back & Biceps on tap for tomorrow morning! Woo hoo!!! My fav!

How has everyone been?
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 22/90 - yoga X done! I even got through all the downward dog and vinyasas today without taking a break (though it was due more to sheer determination not to give in to the pain than anything else). I'm in the recovery week now, so I'm going to add some cardio X this evening to burn a few more calories if I can find time.
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Finished week 3 over the weekend. I'm doing P90x 2 yoga instead...its only 66 minutes long. I noticed
    an increase in Flexibility and stamina, though not were I would like to be yet. Glad to be getting my Yoga
    on twice during my recovery week.
    Hmm..was checking out Core Synergistics on utube and I have a couple days this week that won't be a
    picnic in the park !! Ohh..and I hopped on the scale Sunday and the muscle swelling weight was gone.
    Take care....and great work everybody !!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Well, I jumped the gun with the workout this morning....lol. I logged in to WOWY to push play and it was Chest, Shoulders & Tris; Back and Bi's are Wed. Ooops. I just love that workout!

Anyway, it was a good workout. I did some good chest presses instead of some of the push ups because I have pretty bad carpel tunnel in my right hand and pushing down on my hand during push ups hurts after a while. Good news is, I got a good burn!

Have a good Monday all!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Just finished up some cardio X. In a much better mood now thanks to that.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Not sure what day count i'm on, but I'm week 1, day 3 of Phase 2 (so week 5 overall)

Tonight is Back & Biceps which will be my first go at this & then of course Ab Ripper X

Hoping I enjoy tonights. I'm already exhausted but I love to lift and work my arms, so i'm excited.
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 23/90 - core synergistics done!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    cardio x done!
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Checking in with a finished round of Core Synergistics. Going to drive myself hard with some Kenpo x recovery week style on Wednesday !! Keep pushin Play.. Yes.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good morning! Today was Back and Bi's and abs.....wow! My biceps are quivering! Love that feeling! Tonight, I teach too so I gotta make sure to fuel up!

Make it a good one guys!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 24/90 - kenpo x done! Halfway through recovery week, and I'm really looking forward to starting phase 2. Does anyone else think the recovery week is a bit boring?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Day 24/90 - kenpo x done! Halfway through recovery week, and I'm really looking forward to starting phase 2. Does anyone else think the recovery week is a bit boring?

Nate: I'm not a big fan of recovery weeks; yes, I do think they're boring but they serve a purpose. I have to admit, my first round of P90X, I didn't do the recovery week, I hopped right into the next phase.