New Round of P90X!

Options

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday guys! Recovery week is almost over! Woo hoo! Last night's class was goooood! My calves are killing me today! I'm using today as a rest day as this week hasn't exactly been "recovery" with all the classes I teach!

Tomorrow my hubby and I are heading up to our cabin on the river for a day of relaxation! Now that's what I call recovery!

Great job pushing play everyone! Have a great day and a good weekend!
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm about go medieval on Legs and Back as as soon as my healthy breakfast digests. Then take my wife Spelunking for her
    Birthday tomorrow ! Enjoy the cabin and the river !!
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    Day 12/90 - Legs and back done! I had a really hectic day, so don't feel too enthused about the workout. My mind wasn't really in it, and I think my form suffered from that. Tomorrow is a new day, though. Time to do my best and forget the rest.
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 13/90 - Kenpo X done!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 15/90 - chest back and abs done! Really happy with my chest and back workout today. Had a few too many carbs and fat over the weekend, but kept my calories in check nonetheless. Today is a new day, and I will do better!
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Week 2 complete !! My reps tell me I'm improving. However my Yoga flexability and stamina have along way to reach were I was
    back in October. At 47...I think I need to make Yoga a priorty even after this round of P90x ends. Maybe do some different videos
    to keep it fresh from time to time. Oh well week 3 today...."lets get the party started".
  • razor_fever
    razor_fever Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms - Done yesterday

Legs & Back - Done today

Slacked a little bit on my diet this weekend. Have to really watch that, I have 5 weeks before I go to the beach
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Morning! Sorry for not checking in during the weekend but I had lots to get done! In fact, the next few weekends are going to be crazy! I leave for Puerto Rico in 4 weeks!

Phase II started for me this morning and after a long recovery week, I thought it would be tough to hop outta bed at 4am but I did it! Had a great workout! Chest, Shoulders & Tris and abs! WOW!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Bring it!!!!!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 16/90 - Plyo X done! No extra motivation needed today.
  • larsfromars
    Options
    3rd week of Chest and Back/Ab Ripper in the books. Jacked about my workout...met my goal of doing more total pushups
    than when I finished my first round of P90x last year ! Wahoo !
    Actually considered skipping the recovery week...cause I don't feel like I need it. HOWEVER, after some research...it appears that
    muscle growth and recovery occur during the recovery week. So the recovery week is a must do. I remember Core Synergistics
    was no picnic. I dont think I will be bored. Keep Bustin everybody !!
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me too, I'm restarting after doing the first 2 months of the programme last year following successfully compelting Insanity.

I'm on day 9 today, but failed to get up and do my exercise this morning, I intend to do it tonight.
  • tweak222
    Options
    I took it easy my recovery week but Phase 2 I am going to bring it double P90X style! Monday was the first day of the new phase! It was tough but I did ky best and forgot the rest! :P
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm dropping out. The results I'm seeing are just not as good as what I was seeing when I was following a different regimen that only had me working out 3 days a week so it just seems like I'm doing all this extra for nothing.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Halfway through Recovery week! X-Stretch on the agenda tonight! Haven't tried this one yet so I'm looking forward to it.
    Tried core synergistics this week for the first time and WOAH was it ever fun/hard/challenging/great. I'm still feeling those moves in my core.

Haven't seen much change (if any) in my mid-section area but I do have more growth in my arms and my shoulders are definitely more sculpted from Day 1. Hoping for WEIGHT LOSS at some point during this program though!? Hmmm....

I'm ready for Phase 2, just a couple more days now.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hey X'ers! Today is another P90X teaching day so this morning, I actually did some Brazil Butt Lift, High & Tight because I need to be bikini ready in 4 weeks! Tonight, I will get a full body X workout while I teach!

Glad to see everyone working so hard! Are you all logging your workouts in the WOWY gym?! Hope so! Definately helps to hold me accountable!

I can't believe how much this is flying by! I've gotta start thinking about my next program!
  • tinagarber
    Options
    I completely agree that day two seems to be the hardest! I am doing 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels (not as intense as P90X) and once I complete that I plan to graduate on to P90X. Once I complete the workout though I am eager to do it again the next day!
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Jumped Through Plyometrics earlier today. Tuesday night is my total body soreness night of the week...but not nearly as bad
    as week one. I will be ready for shoulders and chest Wednesday afternoon.
    I weighed today as well, and was a pound or so heavier than before I started. This mirrors my 1st P90x round last year. I'm sure it's muscle swelling, and will be gone by the end of the recovery week. Good luck Everybody !!
  • spencem875
    Options
    Halfway through week 2, loving it all except yoga :)
  • IronHutch
    IronHutch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of starting it this week or next, I already work out 6 days a week. I can't really do any jumping because I had knee surgery not too long ago. So I need to "modify, modify, modify".
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 17/90 - shoulders, arms and abs done! need to buy another resistance band!