New Round of P90X!

Options

Replies

• larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Kenpo x for my recovery week is finished. Tried for a 500 calorie burn, but get 474. Nate: Sounds like we are on the same schedule. I do find the recovery week dull...but everybody says it's good for us. I'm going to be real jacked for Phase 2 on
    Monday !
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    Day 25/90 - X stretch done! more cardio this evening.
  • scrumhalf7
    scrumhalf7 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The best exercise is the one you'll do. Do the ones you like, and don't worry about the others. IMHO

I just do normal weight lifting with dunbbells for upper body and do P90X Plyo for lower body.

Just haveing a trawl through the boards and came across this I have a slightly different opinion on this
    Its fine doing the exercise you like but if you dont do any that you dont like you will never improve.
    Its usually the ones that we suck at that we do not like!

Just my humble opinion!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Morning!!! As you all know by now, I leave for Puerto Rico in two weeks!!!! I'm doing everything possible to tighten and tone my tush! lol So, this morning I did Brazil Butt Lift! Tonight, I teach P90X! Still getting up early at 4am to push play every morning! I'm definately in the swing of things!

You guys are rocking it! But, where's everyone else? Hope they're out there pushing play!!!

Remember, the results are yours.....go out and get em!

Have a great day today!
  • ShrinkingKitt
    ShrinkingKitt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just started P90X for the second time. The first was in 2011 prior to a trip to Hawaii! My hubby & I did it and we felt and looked svelte! I was very proud, but exhausted...that year we started it in the summer in TEXAS, so it was even more of a beating - couldn't get away from the heat and sweat! This year, we decided to start earlier and just began this week. Have completed Cardio X (mon. 3/4) and Shoulders & Arms (Wed. 3/6). Tuesday i was too tired and fell asleep on the couch, but I did do some walking that day. I just came off of some medical issues and surgery (in January), so I am just proud of myself for doing ANYTHING. Feeling good so far!!
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am starting P90X on Monday as I am waiting for my resistance bands from Amazon. I did the shred for one month and now I have some pain on my knees. Therefore I am quite scared of Plyometrics day. How did you find it? Did affect your knees? Any tips will be highly appreciated. Thank you!
  • KaseyC0711
    Options
    ok, here is my deal...i like the kenpo, the cardio x, the plyo and the yoga, and core syner but I don't like the lifting discs...i feel akward and like i don't do the moves right....should i give it another shot or just stick with the 4 discs that i love?

You really should try to incorporate all of the discs featured... If you are uncomfortable doing the strength training discs, try using a lighter weight 2, 3, or 5 lbs max for the first couple of weeks. This will allow you the opportunity to get comfortable with the moves they're demonstrating. Strength training goes hand in hand with the cardio, kenpo, and yoga discs!! You'll want to build muscle and strength, while maintaining a lean/flexible physique. Give it a shot!! What can it hurt?!!?!?
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Ramona, I did my 1st round P90x early last year when I was much heavier and my knees and their swelling were a big
    concern. My advice it to handle Plyo very carefully.If you feel any pain with any exercise stop then and there. Modify when you can..and don't extend your kneecaps out over your feet. Which Tony says as well. If you try it and it's simply too much too soon. Sub in Cardio X....work up to it. "Do your best(safely) and forget the rest" !
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 26/90 - core synergistics and cardio X done!
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Core Synergistics over and done....anticipating Phase 2 big time on Monday !! Have a great weekend everybody !!
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ramona, I did my 1st round P90x early last year when I was much heavier and my knees and their swelling were a big
    concern. My advice it to handle Plyo very carefully.If you feel any pain with any exercise stop then and there. Modify when you can..and don't extend your kneecaps out over your feet. Which Tony says as well. If you try it and it's simply too much too soon. Sub in Cardio X....work up to it. "Do your best(safely) and forget the rest!"
    Thanks a lot!!!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 27/90 - yoga x done! so excited to start phase 2 on monday!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday morning guys! Who's pushed play today? I admit, I haven't but I will!

Welcome to the new peeps! Glad to have you here!

Ramona, I say the same thing. If you're feeling any pain at all, stop. Modify where needed and take it slow. If you get injured and are sitting on the sidelines, that's no good and it'll just set you back further.

Keep up the good work guys! Has anyone thought of what they're going to do next?
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 29/90 - chest, shoulders, triceps and abs done! I have a good feeling about phase 2. I still feel a lot of burn from that workout.

@ddavies - I've thought about doing Insanity next, but it's still quite a ways away for me.
  • larsfromars
    Options
    I'm still pushing Play !! Took a nice relaxing long walk in Sundays early spring warmth. Now I'm ready for Chest/Shoulders and
    triceps ....Day 29...it's time to Rock !!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Brought some extra cardio today! Who else thinks exercise is addictive?
  • lleesmann
    lleesmann Posts: 41
    Options
    Just started round 1 of Lean today. Core synergistics down.
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Chest/Shoulders/ and triceps attacked...and done ! I'm not sure I ever went after a workout any harder....oh my gosh. It was my best AB-ripper ever as well. Burn ? YES.

Excercise is addicting ! For me Everday is a new high. It makes ya feel soooo good. All my friends look at me like I've lost my mind when I tell them why I workout :tongue:
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just started this week on a Beachbody Workout monster hybrid.
    It alternates 4 weeks of a P90X / P90X2 / Insanity hybrid, followed by 4 weeks of a Les Mills Combat / ChaLEAN Extreme hybrid.......lather, rinse, repeat.

So far, Day 1 was P90X Chest & Back, and Day 2 (today for me) is Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit.
    Tomorrow will be Shoulders and Arms, followed by X2 Yoga, P90X Legs & Back, with the week wrapped up with Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance.
  • lleesmann
    lleesmann Posts: 41
    Options
    Cardio X, done!