New Round of P90X!

Options

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I am mid week 3 in Phase 1 of P90x. I'm a couple days shy of recovery week.
    So far I have lost 0lbs and my pictures still look the same.
    I haven't missed a single workout and my eating has been on target and is 40/40/20 which i found do-able.
    I've seen so many great starts to transformations by Day 30 and here I am, and it's not happening.

Did anyone else not see any results by Day 30?
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    Day 9/90 - plyo X done! A tenth of the way there. After a round of ice skating this morning, it took a lot of motivation to push play today. I'm so happy I have a group here to keep me motivated.
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    great job Nate! Plyo is a killer eh? I love it though. Makes you feel like you're really doing something! I have Yoga tonight.....hahaha ;/
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Well, I'm technically in my recovery week. However, I still teach classes 4x per week and two of those are P90X! So, I'm still getting in some workouts other than yoga. Last night I did Combat Power Kata 45! LOVE that workout! Keep in mind folks....I have to be in a bikini in March so this body's gotta keep moving!

MissAnjy: Keep going girl. Everyone is different. I know some people who didn't see major results until the last month. You will! Sounds like you've got everything under control! Keep up the good work!

Nate: Woo hoo! Gotta love plyo! Keep pushing play!
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I completed a round of P90x and a round of P90x2 last year. Injured my middle finger, and waited in a splint just
    doing cardio for it to heal for about 12 weeks. Hope I'm not too late...I started my new round on Feb. 11. I will
    be subing in p90x2 Yoga for the original. It's only around an hour long.
    I feared the soreness and it hit my HARD after chest and back on day one. I wasn't paying much attention to form
    on my push ups...and I paid the price with soreness in my scapula and Lats(me thinks) equally on both sides. I gutted
    out the first week anyway... no quit in me !! I went searching and found some stretching exercises for my trouble areas.
    I'm pleased to say that my soreness was almost zero after chest and back for the 2nd week. I managed to increase
    my push up total by 10 even !
    I punched the ticket on Plyo yesterday, and find myself really looking forward to Shoulders and Arms today. I fairly well
    stunk up the joint with the ab/ripper last week...better somewhat on Monday.

My goal is to get even with my finishing numbers in my P90x 1st round last year ASAP. Even with 12 weeks of no strength training, I'm still starting from a better place than last year !! Good Luck Everbody !!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    @ MissAnjy and ddavies - Thanks for the encouragement. I have a love/hate relationship with plyo.

No extra motivation needed for today, though. Arms, shoulders and abs done! Day 10/90.
  • razor_fever
    razor_fever Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Back & Biceps - DONE

And I'm only 4 pounds away from my goal :) That might get adjusted somewhat once I reach it, but I'm feeling pretty good about my progress so far.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good morning! Well, last night I had a great P90X class! It's a total body workout, even including some Kenpo and plyo! It's like the X all rolled into one! I love teaching it!

Today I teach again and tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to phase II! I just love lifting!

lars: Welcome! Congrats on your first round! It sounds like you're doing great the second go around! Please stay and join the group! Let us know how you do!

razor: I wish I was only 4lbs away from my goal! lol Way to go! Keep it up!

Have a great day everyone and stay focused on those results!!!
  • colorslide
    colorslide Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Hope I can join in. I started P90X again on 2/12/13 and began week 2 yesterday. I'm still trying to get the nutrition down as far as macronutrients go. The first few times I attempted the program I didn't follow the nutrition plan very closely. I am DETERMINED to get it right this time, so any advice would be appreciated!
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    last night I completed Yoga X for the 3rd time. It doesn't go any faster lol :)
    I still have trouble with some of the half moon and standing splits. I'm not all that great at balance moves either. I have however mastered the wheel, which is awesome. No big surprise though, I was in gymnastics when I was young and did that ALL THE TIME (and so easily too). We called it "the Bridge" back then! It was tough the first week and was a no-can-do, but second and third week I was able to. Second week I held crane for a couple seconds. Yesterday (third week) I held it, but only briefly and then crashed hard on to my head/face. Not a good scene LOL

It's amazing how much more flexible I am already though!

Tonight is legs and back. This one always kills me. I have jelly legs for a couple hours after usually!! Can't wait though because after tonight and tomorrow, I'm officially in "recovery week" and near the end of Phase 1!!! Can't wait to dive into the next 30 days.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I started a round on monday. However I am modifying it extensively as I am doing it primarily for research purposes to see if theories I have on how to improve the efficiency of the program are valid. Because I have completed a round in the past I have a good frame of reference. I'm only 3 days in so far and based on how Monday's and Today's workout (which I modified extensively using my theories) I would say it's working great. I'm getting more intense workouts in while trimming an average of 15-20 minutes off each weights day
  • ddavies919
    Options
    last night I completed Yoga X for the 3rd time. It doesn't go any faster lol :)
    I still have trouble with some of the half moon and standing splits. I'm not all that great at balance moves either. I have however mastered the wheel, which is awesome. No big surprise though, I was in gymnastics when I was young and did that ALL THE TIME (and so easily too). We called it "the Bridge" back then! It was tough the first week and was a no-can-do, but second and third week I was able to. Second week I held crane for a couple seconds. Yesterday (third week) I held it, but only briefly and then crashed hard on to my head/face. Not a good scene LOL

It's amazing how much more flexible I am already though!

Tonight is legs and back. This one always kills me. I have jelly legs for a couple hours after usually!! Can't wait though because after tonight and tomorrow, I'm officially in "recovery week" and near the end of Phase 1!!! Can't wait to dive into the next 30 days.

Way to go girl! I know not a lot of people are fond of his yoga but it does help! Have a good workout tonight!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I started a round on monday. However I am modifying it extensively as I am doing it primarily for research purposes to see if theories I have on how to improve the efficiency of the program are valid. Because I have completed a round in the past I have a good frame of reference. I'm only 3 days in so far and based on how Monday's and Today's workout (which I modified extensively using my theories) I would say it's working great. I'm getting more intense workouts in while trimming an average of 15-20 minutes off each weights day

Hey, welcome! So, how are you modifying it and why?
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Hey, welcome! So, how are you modifying it and why?

By replacing the conventional weights/bands used with sandbags and suspension trainers, and using more advanced progressions of those exercises that can only be done by those particular pieces of equipment, I am creating a more function-oriented workout that will see greater strength gains while completely omitting the need for the supplemental Ab Ripper X workout. Also because of how heavily the shoulders and arms are worked on Chest/back day when using these particular tools in lieu of weights, shoulder/arm day instead becomes a rest day. So basically you get to add another rest day to the schedule, omit Ab Ripper X, and still see the same results if not better. I completed a round of P90X once in the past following the schedule letter for letter and I wasn't satisfied with the results I got, which I believe to be the cause of the heavy emphasis on isolation training in P90X. Doing it this way essentially replaces isolation training with compound training which is more efficient by nature and produces more functional results. It's more or less being done as an experiment.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    By replacing the conventional weights/bands used with sandbags and suspension trainers, and using more advanced progressions of those exercises that can only be done by those particular pieces of equipment, I am creating a more function-oriented workout that will see greater strength gains while completely omitting the need for the supplemental Ab Ripper X workout.

Sounds interesting! I have the Ultimate Sandbag and TRX system but haven't really figured out how to use them with P90X.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I'm using the CrossCore 180 suspension trainer and all 3 sizes of Ultimate Sandbag (Strength, Burly, Power). Subbing in USB DVRT exercises on chest/back day that target the same muscle group leads to a much better workout that eliminates the need for ARX. Same with TRX. Heavy pants = End cap rows. Pullups = TRX Low rows w/ glute bridge. Subbing in 2 sets of pushups for lateral bag drags = hoooly crap.
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Shoulders and Arms with Ab.ripper is in the books ! Before working out today I did extra neck and shoulder stretching
    again before starting...and once again I am showing a huge improvement in soreness over week one. So far so good...and I
    am ready to "Bring It" !! All systems are on GO(so excited :) ).
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 11/90 - yoga x done! This is the one I struggle with the most, but I'm already seeing some improvement in both flexibility and balance.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hey guys! The week's almost over! Woo hoo!!!! I'll be starting phase II on Monday, can't wait! Today is another P90X teaching day! Love it!

Have a great day and I'll check in later!
  • razor_fever
    razor_fever Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chest & Back - DONE

Slacked a little on yesterday's cardio. I did two 10 Minute Trainer Cardios instead of one of the P90X ones. I felt a little under the weather yesterday so I backed off some. At least I was still moving though