PJ's in public?

Options

Replies

• leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    PJs in public? No, no, absolutely no. Unless you are a baby under age 2.
  • kristi321
    kristi321 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem with PJ's in public is that you are wearing these things into your bed and now you are going out in them and then you are going to wear them again in bed...kinda gross! Same with house slippers but I'm one of those who doesn't wear my shoes in the house because of all the crap they collect outdoors. I also NEVER put my purse on the table or kitchen counter because it too collects a lot of nasty stuff in it's life cycle. Call me crazy or just plain weird but I like to keep the public germs to a minimum in my home if I can.

Exactly!! I feel the same way about this.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've gone through a drive through maybe in them. I've taken out garbage in them. I don't think I've ever been *seen* in public in them, I don't like when people do it, either. Also, if you're staying in a hotel, the restaurant (front lobby etc. as well) is NOT an extension of your room. Please put clothing on, and some form of footwear as well. My servers have to kick people out all the time for being bare footed, we may have glass on the floor, ppl, bare chested, wtf even if you're hot you don't go to a restaurant without a shirt on (!?) and I truly wish that the hotel management would put a note on the room service menu that says that you are expected to be fully covered when you order room service, it isn't as though you didn't know someone was going to come to your door. /rant lol. Sorry, been a long week at work and it's not over, we're hosting a lot of hockey teams.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I know this is a popular thing with highschool and college kids, and to be honest I wish I could because they are so insanely soft, comfy, usually pretty, I would love to be able to wear them in public. If I reach my goal weight I just might for kicks! Plus being hugged by your honey when your in pjs is just well extra nice!!! LOL
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I don't wear pajamas.

I have many articles of clothing. Some of them are more formal than others.

If I am at the grocery store, I might have just come from work. Then, I'll be in more formal clothing.

But, I might have just come from my house. Then, I will be in more comfortable clothing. Since, you know, my employer's dress code does not apply when I am not working.

I think it's absolutely HILARIOUS how much mental energy you all seem to be spending on exactly what type of clothing it is.

Let me get this straight: If the stretchy pants I am wearing have a drawstring top, then they're "PJ's" and verboten.
    BUT if the stretchy pants I am wearing have a fold down stretchy top on them, they're "yoga" pants and totally OK.

Cotten pants woven into denim: FINE. Cotton pants with a pattern on them, like plaid? RUN!

If the footwear I have on can be slipped onto my foot, and is made of canvas, like a pair of Vans, them I'm COOL,
    BUT if the footwear I have on can be slipped onto my foot, and is made of softer fabrics........OH the HUMANITY.

Do you realize how absurd it all is?

Y'all need bigger problems to worry about.
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    This depends...are we talking PJs that dont really look like PJs...or the printed flannel featuring little kittens licking ice cream cones type of PJs.

Big difference.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    This depends...are we talking PJs that dont really look like PJs...or the printed flannel featuring little kittens licking ice cream cones type of PJs.

Big difference.

DO tell.

Why is one kind of fabric better than another?

What if I wore orange pants? Is that OK with you?
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I quickly was skimming the threads at work and I thought this said bjs in public.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Big difference.

DO tell.

You obviously didn't read her post. She specifically said PJs that don't look like PJ's as in your yoga pants OR pants that have silly pictures and are very obviously pj's. You failed at your attempt to start a virtual fight.

ETA: If I saw someone in orange pants I"d wonder if they were going hunting. :flowerforyou:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It's a fairly new phenomenon around here, so I often wonder if I'm really seeing pyjamas or if the clothes were actually bought for going out in public. I am far too old and unhip to know.

As for not liking it because it means someone hasn't showered... I hate to break it to you, but not everyone showers every day, nor, do I believe, should they. What a waste of water and fossil fuels!
  • 84woolf
    Options

Big difference.

DO tell.

You obviously didn't read her post. She specifically said PJs that don't look like PJ's as in your yoga pants OR pants that have silly pictures and are very obviously pj's. You failed at your attempt to start a virtual fight.

ETA: If I saw someone in orange pants I"d wonder if they were going hunting. :flowerforyou:

@Jennieb37 love you. people are so silly.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

Big difference.

DO tell.

Not fighting, asking for clarification.

What's wrong with pants that have kittens on them? Why are they so much worse or different than any other pants?

She said "big difference"

I ask, Why?
  • 84woolf
    Options

Big difference.

DO tell.

Not fighting, asking for clarification.

What's wrong with pants that have kittens on them? Why are they so much worse or different than any other pants?

She said "big difference"

I ask, Why?

I dont need to clarify. There are 100 opinions in here. Do you ask everyone to clarify & explain their train of thought? Its a thread about pajama pants, not whether you should spank a child or not. Relax.
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    Since this is such a long thread, can someone please clarify the rules of what I am allowed to wear in my daily life? Because I would hate to anger anyone based on my wardrobe.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    So we agree, there's no real justification for your dislike of kitten-covered pants?

People are hurling insults around like "lazy" and "gave up on life" and I just wonder why the material the clothing is made of makes such a difference.

She claimed that if a pair of pants has kittens on them, that makes a "big difference"

I see no difference, and cannot understand why any of you do either.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've done it happily many times, but only when:
    A) I wasn't getting out of the car (drive thru, dropping something off for the mail, etc) but I wanted to stay comfy.
    B) It was for an PJ themed event/party
    C) I was a teenager in the marching band and it was a pre-competition rehearsal in the early morning, at our school--in which case "it was good luck" and "everyone did it". Does wearing your PJs in public still "count" if you had to take them off first, put thermal underwear on, and then put the PJs back on with real socks and shoes before leaving the house?

I've never worn them into a store or to a college class or anything where normal attire is required/recommended.

I don't typically sleep in PJs, so my PJ pants are usually in good shape for public appearances... :happy:
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    ONLY in WALMART should this be Legal..

When I see someone wearing PJ's in public I just want to kick them in the Damn Knee Caps... GET OFF YOUR LAZY RUMP AND PUT SOME CLOTHES ON.. :sad:
  • 84woolf
    Options
    So we agree, there's no real justification for your dislike of kitten-covered pants?

People are hurling insults around like "lazy" and "gave up on life" and I just wonder why the material the clothing is made of makes such a difference.

She claimed that if a pair of pants has kittens on them, that makes a "big difference"

Just because you dont understand why people see a difference, doesnt mean you need to ask for an explanation.
    Also, where did I write I DISLIKE the pants? I indicated I felt there was a difference between the two - I did not say what type of difference.

I am not someone who hurled such insults - nor do I think that wearing pajama pants outside makes someone lazy.

I simply feel pajama pants are for the home. Do I JUDGE someone who wears them? No. Im talking from an esthetic standpoint. Someone signing off on a mortgage in a bank probabbbbly wont be wearing kitten pants. You know? Thats all. Dont make more of things then they are.
    And if offended by those calling people who wearing PJs out lazy, etc, talk to them. Or better yet, why does it matter. This is a forum thread - everyones opinions dont need to be challenged all the time.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

People are posting their opinions. You are taking those opinions as gospel for the sake of a lame argument.

I personally don't wear:

Pajama pants
    Sweats
    Yoga pants
    Velour suits
    Track suits
    Sweatsuits

Out in public because it's not me. The only time you will catch me in anything other than heels is on the weekends when I'm grocery shopping because my feet are too damn sore from dancing in them.

And yes, if I see someone out in pajama pants or anything that resembles pajamas I do think they're not trying and yes, they're lazy because it takes two minutes to throw on a pair of jeans and a shirt. I don't care if you didn't shower. I don't care if you have no make up on and your hair is a mess. Make an effort to at least dress up, especially if you're going to go some place nice. The only time it's "ok" to wear PJ's in public is if you're traveling which is the ONLY time anyone will EVER catch me in anything other than jeans, skirt or dress or if it's 3 am you have the munchies and just ran out to the store.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think it is okay for hobos and the insane.